Page 643 of 955 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait just specials? That seems more a downplaying the franchise to me honestly.

Like if it was a big thing they would give it a TV show. With how popular Okoye is I figured they would just give her own show.

Sure Werewolf by Night is getting that Halloween special but that guy is a D-lister no offense to him.
    And what list is Okoye

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    "He really didn't though.."

Wasn't really asking anyone here to agree. Just an opinion. Like your response. I saw more creativity (and at least some semblance of source material accuracy) in that fan film than I have in the entirety of the MCU.
    No you had it right

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    And what list is Okoye
    Uh what list Coulson is on I guess.

That guy was apparently enough to warrant his own TV show Agents of Shield even though he is a movie only character.

I never liked him that much but hey they gave that joker a show, no reason why Okoye can't get her own.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This, I think, will be my final word on the Panther film:

"O what a circus! O what a show
    All Wakanda has gone to town
    Over the death of the Panther and King T'Challa.
    We've all gone crazy
    Mourning all day and mourning all night
    Falling over ourselves to get all of the misery right!"

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56xwT8LZ4g
    Can I tweet this out?

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

No you had it right
    Really shows what can happen when someone actually loves the thing they're adapting.

Really shows what can happen when someone actually loves the thing they're adapting.
    That would be Deadpool. Reynolds is knowledgeable and very protective of the IP.

Chadwick Boseman was that for BlackPanther but his good natured spirit likely allowed Ryan Coogler the latitude to diminish his character in the name of "giving the females agency". Atleast Chadwick stopped them from using British accents before he left us.

That would be Deadpool. Reynolds is knowledgeable and very protective of the IP.

Chadwick Boseman was that for BlackPanther but his good natured spirit likely allowed Ryan Coogler the latitude to diminish his character in the name of "giving the females agency". Atleast Chadwick stopped them from using British accents before he left us.
    Ugh. I forgot about the British accents. Fair point. And yeah. Facts about Ryan Reynolds...even though I don't really care for him nor the character he played. We'll see. Color me a pessimist until someone else goes to bat in the same way for the king. We have Redjack only, at the moment? But not really. He deserves better. Chadwick deserves better too.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-03-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ugh. I forgot about the British accents. Fair point. And yeah. Facts about Ryan Reynolds...even though I don't really care for him nor the character he played. We'll see. Color me a pessimist until someone else goes to bat in the same way for the king. We have Redjack only, at the moment? But not really. He deserves better. Chadwick deserves better too.
    Reynolds devotion to the character can be more appreciated when you take into account the infamous Barakapool from Wolverine Oigins came from the fact a Fox executive notoriously hated Deadpool and had them sew his mouth shut. Deadpool as a character wound up butchered.

But it was Reynolds commitment to the character that lead them to eventually make the Deadpool film and give us a truly accurate rendition of the character. You can say that Deadpool and all the success that came with it was the result of Ryan Reynolds genuine love for the character and desire to do him right.

Reynolds devotion to the character can be more appreciated when you take into account the infamous Barakapool from Wolverine Oigins came from the fact a Fox executive notoriously hated Deadpool and had them sew his mouth shut. Deadpool as a character wound up butchered.

But it was Reynolds commitment to the character that lead them to eventually make the Deadpool film and give us a truly accurate rendition of the character. You can say that Deadpool and all the success that came with it was the result of Ryan Reynolds genuine love for the character and desire to do him right.
    Not discounting that at all. I agree with you guys on that much. I was speaking more for no one, at least with the pull a Ryan Reynolds probably has in the Hollywood space, is going out of their way like that for a character like T'Challa. Since we are discussing source material accuracy. Not saying it will never happen, or even that it hasn't. But as things stand now we can see what the company that owns the rights to the character feels about him. They've been showing us for years. Actions speaking louder than words. It's all good haha. We'll just have to wait for the inevitable course correction, right? And hope it's for the better.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-03-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

This is prolly an extention of the modern issue of companies using comic books as IP farms for adaptations than as avenues for their own stories but that runs into the issue that new characters take time to build themselves, stories, mythologies, and characters and what not.
    Static was created in 1993.
    Static's comic ended in 1997.
    Static got his tv show in 2000. Same Tv show that only Digimon beat in the ratings in all 4 years of his run.

That did NOT take 60 years. Static did that in 7 years.

Invincible started in 2003.
    Invincible ended in 2018.
    Invincible the tv show started in 2021 and is going to last at least 3 season.

That did not take 60 years. He did that in 19 years.

Blade had NOTHING yet got 3 movies and 2 tv shows before Hal Jordan, Cap America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Justice League, Avengers and so many others I could list.
    He didn't take 60 years. He did that in 25 years.
    What material did he have to farm???

Paper Girls started in 2015 and ended in 2019. Show came in 2022.
    Only took 7 years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started as a comic book in 1984. Tv show came in 1987.
    Men in Black was a comic book in 1990. 7 years later a tv series.
    Spawn and Savage Dragon started in 1992. Both comics are still going. Both saw tv shows. Spawn is looking at 2 movies.

The point of all this? Is to say it does NOT take that long to build up something NEW.

The issue we have is when it POC (mainly black males) everybody and their MOTHER take issue with it. Be it Lucas from Stranger Things to T'challa to Duke Thomas-SOMEBODY got an issue with it.

We are NOT going to excuse Marvel or anyone else for being LAZY.

Yes it's EASY to toss around a mantle until it's no longer EASY. You can BURY Sam Alexander to pander to Rich Ryder fans. But John Stewart, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Wally West , Jaime Reyes, Jessica Cruz, Sojourner "Jo" Mullein & Tim Drake fans-don't bow down that easy.
    There is a reason Green Lantern is a mess.

You see what Spiderman is doing. Until Miles arrives live screen-you don't see a war over there like everywhere else.

I'll give yall this little tidbit. In my ENTIRE school district-whose comic related books are the MOST checked out? Out of 300 schools and 200K+ kids?

T'CHALLA. ONLY Batgirl (Babs Gordon) comes close. After that it's John Stewart, Cyborg (Teen Titans Go), Miles Morales, Sam Wilson as Cap America, The Inhumans (Not Kamala or Moon Girl) and Lumberjanes. Let that sink in. FYI it's NOT Coates version they are interested in. It's PRIEST and HUDLIN version and the novels by Ronald Smith-they want.

Can I tweet this out?
    Go right ahead.

Ultimate Member

Pretty much. Bendis didn't really do much to set her up to take over as Iron Man.
    She was NEVER Iron Man nor was she meant to be HIM.

Unlike Dr Doom who did call himself Iron Man.

In the comics there are currently two Wolverines, two Hawkeyes, and two Spider-Men as far as I know.
    And Marvel had no issue supporting BOTH.

You saw books with both versions.

It was never you had to choose or only could get ONE.

You want two Black Panthers running around you better be ready to showcase two books.

If it makes you feel better, Y’lan Noel said he’d be down to play T’Challa in a heartbeat.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If it makes you feel better, Y’lan Noel said he’d be down to play T’Challa in a heartbeat.
    Yeah he was in the The First Purge right? The guy has the look for sure. Can do action scenes. That's a no-brainer. WE know that. The people that should, don't, or just don't care.

Yeah he was in the The First Purge right? The guy has the look for sure. Can do action scenes. That's a no-brainer. WE know that. The people that should, don't, or just don't care.
    Well given Feige switched up from “we’ll never recast” to “it was too soon”, I won’t be surprised if T’Challa returns for Secret Wars. But it’s a big maybe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"