Page 748 of 955 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750751752758798848 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I feel ya. Whenever I start to think that I'm getting too negative, I take a break and come back.

Unfortunately, things haven't gotten any better for T'Challa.
    IDK man, that was a pretty sweet looking sling he had in BP 11

lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yes and that force is Marvel.

If they are going to cut off T'Challa from Wakanda, then just let him do his own thing. Have him create his own company, his own team. Give him something that is his, not tied to Wakanda or any other group.
    Or you know, have him fly into space and rule the IGEW.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Man i miss MajestiK and Silverzeal....i never met them here online but i loved reading their responses in the older previous BP forums when i was lurking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Same here. This community is why I stick around. Without you guys I would of given up on BP by the sheer level of Bullisht shackled onto the franchise.
    I feel ya. Whenever I start to think that I'm getting too negative, I take a break and come back.

Unfortunately, things haven't gotten any better for T'Challa.
    The part that stings the most is that the comics I DO buy never get any discussion. If a comic is good, today's fans seem content to just read it passively. It's only when they have something to complain about that they engage.

Yes and that force is Marvel.

If they are going to cut off T'Challa from Wakanda, then just let him do his own thing. Have him create his own company, his own team. Give him something that is his, not tied to Wakanda or any other group.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or you know, have him fly into space and rule the IGEW.
    Both are perfectly acceptable and I would gladly take either but unfortunately Marvel wants to make the franchise the Wakanda franchise and they know that the supporting cast won’t sell without T’Challa. Sure they can get away with it in the movies but 99% that will gladly take a T’Challa less BP franchise won’t ever buy a comic

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The part that stings the most is that the comics I DO buy never get any discussion. If a comic is good, today's fans seem content to just read it passively. It's only when they have something to complain about that they engage.
    hahahah this is so true.

Me: Moon knight is awesome!

Other Fan: YEAH

nothing else hahahha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hahahah this is so true.

nothing else hahahha
    Lol it really does go like that which is crazy because Moon Knight as well as Strange is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    He was specific Because he is Pro Recast But he literally states it's a good Film . He also Stated Derrick Boseman enjoyed the film. Who knows if this film will have the same RT score as the first film but it won't drop pass 85 percent. Even the folk who have issues with some things in the film they still said it was a Good film .

A lot of you are using the same talking points against this film that the nerdrotic crowd used against the first film interesting.
    When did he say Derrick enjoyed it? He said he didn't talk to him after the film.

The difference here is that they are doing a VERY on tue nose reenactment of Chad's passing. And it's not the same talking points at all because this is a separate beast altogether. Like, COMPLETELY different. I have no doubt it will be well made and "good" in the same vein as 12 years a slave, but whether it's good in the same vein oas BP in terms of representation, elevation and the like remains to be seen. He said the people who are wanting certain things out of it would like it (ie, people who want to go to a funeral and feel apart of that).

But cute that you want to try and compare what I am saying to the people who didn't like the first (which even then I admit had issues, just different and more character based than plot)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I feel that in my experience that hasn't been the case with BP. Like we discuss whatever is happening good or bad. When Redjack was doing PQ, ultimates was going on. Avengers etc. We talked about it and engaged, I Guarantee that this thread would be popping off regardless of the quality of the medium (we just really REALLY need something good to happen) we talk it... Then of course the gators come in to stir up trouble too lol

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    They didn't want to Recast because Chadwick to them is the MCU Tchalla it's that simple. Like what more do you want them to say ?
    My thing is Coogler is not even 100% sure he wants to do another BP.

Again imagine killing of Tony Stark cause Faverau was too attached to RDJ.

This seemed like a decision to help their grieving tbh.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Sadly for haters it will be a hit no matter what. Film does not need to make a billion to be a hit film. She will be the Black panther for a long time to come.
    And thus the Black Panther franchise has lost an interesting main character.

Always been why I was against promoting Shuri as the lead. As a supporting character she's fine, but if made into a main character she then becomes a generic character.

Most Marvel leads similar brands of comedy-men, quirky irreverant guys who like to joke around and throw quips constantly, and Shuri is no different.

Black Panther is cool because he's the opposite of all that. He's straightforward, serious, reverent, and not obsessed with trying to be funny. Now that Shuri is BP, the character is now no different than Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

This is prolly one of those instances where the focus on the money kinda becomes a backhanded benefit.

The BP brand makes too much money to just end it here. So if Coogler doesn't want to do it then Marvel will ultimately find another director who will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I feel that in my experience that hasn't been the case with BP. Like we discuss whatever is happening good or bad. When Redjack was doing PQ, ultimates was going on. Avengers etc. We talked about it and engaged, I Guarantee that this thread would be popping off regardless of the quality of the medium (we just really REALLY need something good to happen) we talk it... Then of course the gators come in to stir up trouble too lol
    Black Panther's Quest, The Ultimates, Black Panther vs Deadpool, Rise of the Black Panther, King in Black: Black Panther or any other series wher writers made an effort to treat T'Challa with respect made Coates era easier to pass through. Ridley's run clearly needs the same palete cleanser.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hahahah this is so true.

nothing else hahahha
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Lol it really does go like that which is crazy because Moon Knight as well as Strange is so good.
    By the sheerest coincidence, Moon Knight & Strange are the two comics I buy.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I expect Coates to drop some gems.

Marvel Studios
    @MarvelStudios
    Reflect on the cultural impact and legacy of Black Panther with director Ryan Coogler and host Ta-Nehisi Coates in the first episode of
    @ProximityMedia
    ’s ‘Wakanda Forever: The Official Black Panther Podcast.’ �� Debuting today: http://bit.ly/3FJqr8D

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Antoine Fuqua taking over with an aged up spoilers:
    T’challa jr
    end of spoilers post secret wars leading the franchise played by either John Boyega or Damson Idris. And will hopefully be more comic accurate than his father.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"