Page 788 of 955 FirstFirst ... 288688738778784785786787788789790791792798838888 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 14314

Reminder that Nate has zero problems telling PR lies

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Disney was making sure if anything went wrong-they knew who to throw under the bus.

Well played Disney. Well played.

If you take it from box office history-he has a point. We know the levels of toxic are GREATER when it's women as the leads. Especially women of color. Male centric cast would not see that.

But lets face it just looking around here-saying you are not interested get s you attacked by everyone including anti-woke and unfans.
    I have a hard time believing that Disney said that, but strangers things have happened. Makes it all the more weird that they supposedly had that much power. I have doubts.

While that's true sometimes, it's been proven that that's not true as we have seen WW and Cap marvel succeed. This one wont be as good because the LEAD and franchise holder is gone and they are trying to fill the void with side characters who don't have interesting enough backgrounds or stories to tell without poaching from T'Challa

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    spoilers:
    No having T'Challa die to Namor would forever give him the biggiest L, especially on his OWN movie. They should of just set it during the Blip. Allows the cast to mourn, remember Chad, say goodbye, and at the end, it ends with a hopefulness because we see T'Challa come back, we don't see his face but we see him return from the snap
    end of spoilers

I like your idea. Setting the movie during the Blip is a brilliant angle.

spoilers:
    Giving T’Challa (or rather the man in the suit) a piece of the action in the beginning, and a valiant death to start things off would have been my ideal fix. Give the character a heroic send off. Versus an emasculating death that occurs off-screen. From a disease they don’t even bother naming in the movie and that never comes up again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I like your idea. Setting the movie during the Blip is a brilliant angle.

spoilers:
    Giving T’Challa (or rather the man in the suit) a piece of the action in the beginning, and a valiant death to start things off would have been my ideal fix. Give the character a heroic send off. Versus an emasculating death that occurs off-screen. From a disease they don’t even bother naming in the movie and that never comes up again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The problem is that completely jobs T'Challa to the villain. And forever puts them above him In his own billion dollar franchise. He should not have died at all or it should have been during the Blip.

Dying via cancer (let's be real, that's what it is even without them saying it) is the dumbest thing, it punks Wakandan tech the HSH, and clearly wasn't thought out regarding logistics in universe. It's strictly so they can recreate his death
    end of spoilers

They didn't have to do what they did, there were other options

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The bit about the women not having what it takes to carry it is such a stupid statement. It doesn't matter if it were a mostly male cast or a balance, the fact of the Matter is people want to see T'CHALLA the title character. Period. That comment will discredit the entire criticism and people will just ignore it as sexism or misogyny
    I still refuse to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I still refuse to watch it.
    that's fine I don't plan on watching till it hits D+ MAYBE, but I just meant the critique will be disregarded for that part

Ultimate Member

These are my thoughts on BP:WF-

spoilers:
    The movie should not have been made the way it was. That's not because it's bad but because it was too heavy. When the film addressed T'Challa's death it seemed like "meta-commentary".

The opening of the movie and ending of the film were heartbreaking. The Marvel opening montage did not have any music, it was just Boseman's images and to me, tying a fictional character to a real-life actor and real-life events was a bit too much for me.

The decision to kill Ramonda was a bad decision. It kind of felt like how they killed off Hector in the middle of Troy, it felt like the movie lost "something". Generally, there has to be a better way to motivate a character in a movie without using death as a tool. I've been very vocal about the misuse of death in modern movies and it's something that just goes on and on. I thought we were over black pain as entertainment.

Namor was an absolute boss and beast. Even with all the gimmicks, Shuri couldn't really put him down. Coogler really did his research on the character.

Riri Williams wasn't really in the movie as much as people say. Ross was also barely in the movie. However, Riri was quite funny but was ultimately a "macguffin".

Letitia Wright really stepped up, she showed a very impressive range of emotion. All the performances in the movie were great. That being said, the movie was hurt SEVERELY by the absence of a central protagonist.

M'Baku was criminally underused. Winston Duke is a good actor with tons of charisma, I don't know why they didn't use him more in the film.

The movie was too long. This could easily be attributed to the script being stretched, expanded, and padded because of the absence of T'Challa.

My thoughts on this "experiment" haven't really changed. Marvel/Disney should have waited, mourned, and made peace with Boseman's death and recast T'Challa. Nate Moore made a bad, bad decision here and even mainstream critics are noticing the hole at the center of the movie.

Overall, the movie wasn't as good as the first one but its far superior to everything that came out in phase 4. It's a "real movie" and everything in the movie had real weight.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-11-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Can you give a non spoiler review, lol

Spectacular Member

You have to play the game. Never side with racist and sexist. T'challa will come in a few years but just enjoy the ride and stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    These are my thoughts on BP:WF-

spoilers:
    The movie should not have been made the way it was. That's not because it's bad but because it was too heavy. When the film addressed T'Challa's death it seemed like "meta-commentary".

The opening of the movie and ending of the film were heartbreaking. The Marvel opening montage did not have any music, it was just Boseman's images and to me, tying a fictional character to a real-life actor and real-life events was a bit too much for me.

The decision to kill Ramonda was a bad decision. It kind of felt like how they killed off Hector in the middle of Troy, it felt like the movie lost "something". Generally, there has to be a better way to motivate a character in a movie without using death as a tool. I've been very vocal about the misuse of death in modern movies and it's something that just goes on and on. I thought we were over black pain as entertainment.

Namor was an absolute boss and beast. Even with all the gimmicks, Shuri couldn't really put him down. Coogler really did his research on the character.

Riri Williams wasn't really in the movie as much as people say. Ross was also barely in the movie. However, Riri was quite funny but was ultimately a "macguffin".

Letitia Wright really stepped up, she showed a very impressive range of emotion. All the performances in the movie were great. That being said, the movie was hurt SEVERELY by the absence of a central protagonist.

The movie was too long. This could easily be attributed to the script being stretched, expanded, and padded because of the absence of T'Challa.

My thoughts on this "experiment" haven't really changed. Marvel/Disney should have waited, mourned, and made peace with Boseman's death and recast T'Challa. Nate Moore made a bad, bad decision here and even mainstream critics are noticing the hole at the center of the movie.

Overall, the movie wasn't as good as the first one but its far superior to everything that came out in phase 4. It's a "real movie" and everything in the movie had real weight.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.
    end of spoilers
    The more I think about spoilers:
    Ramondas death
    end of spoilers, the more I think it works actually.

It accomplishes 3 things.

spoilers:
    It builds upon Namors threat and makes his presence and his villainous angle in this film real. From our perspective as being sympathetic to the wakandans it is a heinous act, but from his perspective it makes perfect sense to do that. He had palpable reason to believe Ramonda would absolutely reveal their existence to the world, but it was obvious to him that Shuri was less determined to do so. He wanted to force them either to make a rash decision or to surrender Riri. A show of force aline wouldn't accomplish that, it would only embolden ramonda.

2. It forces sharing into the moral delimna she faces, with no way out. The story gives her no outs, no emotional escapes or comfort blankets, and at the same time it outs her through an absolute ringer of a story and presents her with the villainous killmonger option. Which not only ties into themes that have surrounded BP for the entire MCU bur makes for some great pathos and auridece investment. There were moments where I considered Shuri might actually go through with it and kill him or at least be willing to before being stopped by something else as obviously nsmor wasn't going to die here.

3. This movie is entirely about loss, the inevitability of it and the acceptance of it. I think that's why they ultimately don't have txhalla show in the ancestral plame or ramonda. Because like a real loss, like in the real world, he won't come back and speak with us. None of our loved ones will, but with their memories and the impact they had on us showing in our actions and spirits they do live on.

That's exactly how the movie ends, showing us that. We are right there with shuri.
    end of spoilers so it works from that angle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Can you give a non spoiler review, lol
    It was a good movie.

The movie was a little bit slow at some points but it picks up near the end.

Namor was an absolute beast in the movie. Coogler really handled the character with care.

The greatest problem for me was the absence of a central protagonist. There was a major decision in the movie that I disagree with for many different reasons.

Overall, I'd give the movie a 7.5 out of 10. Understand that I'm not really a neutral viewer because of my attachment to the franchise.

Still not seeing it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ok so this was definitely an 8/10 movie.

Ultimate Member

I think the GA is really loving BP:WF.

95% audience rating and an A cinemascore.

That’s very impressive.

Incredible Member

Wakanda Forever A CINEMASCORE