Page 799 of 955 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801802803809849899 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ns-1235431385/

Dr. Strange is still the biggest domestic opening for an MCU movie in 2022
    If the movie was rated in the 90s like the other film it would have made 195 or more. I knew non T'Challa fans who were worried the reviews looked more Dr. Strange 2 esque. And it seemed that way from social media as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    But those of us who have seen it are telling you that you're wrong, so...
    You're wasting your time.

The faction here desperately predetermined to hate everything about the film will never admit to anything in its favour. Whether they see it or not.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Edited...buggy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 11-13-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ns-1235431385/

Dr. Strange is still the biggest domestic opening for an MCU movie in 2022
    So good opening week all in all. Should do fine depending on the succeeding weeks not having too steep a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly lol. The only relevant discussion to T’Challa (who this thread is named after) is how it affects him in other mediums like the gaming world and the comics. As well as that mid credit scene. Those things matter to me more than the movie, what is done is done.
    Well given who you know who is named after, I hope this means T’Challa will be safe in other mediums, since there’s pretty much nothing to synergize here.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You're wasting your time.

The faction here desperately predetermined to hate everything about the film will never admit to anything in its favour. Whether they see it or not.
    Some, sure. But we've also seen those who were adamant about a recast give this film it's due, fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Edited...buggy
    Haha, the little dude does look a lot like Chadwick. That was a great casting choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Some, sure. But we've also seen those who were adamant about a recast give this film it's due, fairly.
    True.
    On-line...I've seen many varied opinions from those who enjoyed it for many varied reasons despite the non-recast.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well given who you know who is named after, I hope this means T’Challa will be safe in other mediums, since there’s pretty much nothing to synergize here.
    Thinking of it, I'm honestly surprised they went with a son.

Like you get the feeling they would have always went with a daughter if given the opportunity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That’s something but if all it took was T’Challa being in the MCU we wouldn’t have gotten back to back shitty comic runs, T’Challa’s intelligence being consistently downplayed and ignored, and the nonsense with the mutants. T’Challa’s probably safe from getting killed off in the comics for now but his portrayal still matters. And I’m far more interested in discussing how the movie will affect that outside the movie than rehashing the recast argument. Not to mention a rather solid solo comic disconnected from the last few years of crap recently came out. I wanna know more about these godkillers that apparently were putting the beats on Bast then got destroyed lol.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread for those that want to discuss a recast. And we already have the Shuri thread but I’ve given up hope that’ll ever be active because yea lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It's almost as if people aren't really fans of the character and just want the clout of her being black panther
    YOU THINK????

Isn't she doing very well as the star of several children's book series?
    Yes those books are highly endorsed by various teacher associations. I think it's the only Marvel or DC book to get that-not sure about Miles or Moon Girl books.

That one is a very interesting case. First film made 2 billion but the following 2 made 1.2 and 1 billion. So technically profitable but are regarded as failures because the drop is too much.
    The movies made 3 billion DESPITE the hatefest for John Boyega and Rose and the movement to prop up Kylo at both of their expenses.

Disney got their money. The problem they have is a character in Finn that brings out the worst in the fandom. Which why we don't see much done with him versus Rey, Poe and Kylo.

Solo was a victim of that backlash. While Rogue One was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thinking of it, I'm honestly surprised they went with a son.

Like you get the feeling they would have always went with a daughter if given the opportunity.
    Yeah. Coogler might have just saved T’Challa in the comics with that move. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s something but if all it took was T’Challa being in the MCU we wouldn’t have gotten back to back shitty comic runs, T’Challa’s intelligence being consistently downplayed and ignored, and the nonsense with the mutants. T’Challa’s probably safe from getting killed off in the comics for now but his portrayal still matters. And I’m far more interested in discussing how the movie will affect that outside the movie than rehashing the recast argument. Not to mention a rather solid solo comic disconnected from the last few years of crap recently came out. I wanna know more about these godkillers that apparently were putting the beats on Bast then got destroyed lol.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread for those that want to discuss a recast. And we already have the Shuri thread but I’ve given up hope that’ll ever be active because yea lol.
    Hill should at least be given a mini if he won’t be given the main title. What he introduced is way too interesting to not be expanded upon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

You made the claim, bruh.
    And it's on this thread, I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't

Incredible Member

For those who care

WF Opening Weekend BO : DOMESTIC - $180M