Page 856 of 955 FirstFirst ... 356756806846852853854855856857858859860866906 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 14314
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    MCU T'challa was soft. He only killed Killmonger because Killmonger said to let him die, or T'challa would have saved him. Killmonger beat him one on one too. T'challa did own Bucky EASILY, but sadly they made T'challa lose to Cap when in the comics he owned him.
    This is a terrible take and misreading of the events that actually happened.

Ultimate Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ps-1235269474/

The Thanksgiving box office is off to a decidedly worrisome start, with overall revenue paling in comparison to other years.

For Disney, it appears to a case of feast or famine. While Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will stay atop the box office chart for the third weekend in a row with a hearty gross of $60 million to $65 million for the five-days (Wednesday through Sunday), Disney Animation’s Strange World is in serious trouble.

There was no feasting, however for Strange World, which posted an opening day gross of $4.2 million from 4,174 sites after earning a lukewarm B CinemaScore. At this pace, the family film is looking at a five-day opening of $24 million-$26 million, the worst opening for a Disney Animation Thanksgiving title in history.
    So the first black male lead animated movie and probably the last one to do so-is failed by Disney.

It seems Wakanda Forever leaves all my city's theaters on December 1.

In fact it seems to be the case at a lot of other cities.

So if it's going to sniff a billion like some claim it has to do it before December 1st.

Incredible Member

What's the total gross now, about $600M? No Way it's sniffing $800M let alone a $Billion in a week? If out by December 1st that's not even a whole month in cinemas/theatres.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What's the total gross now, about $600M? No Way it's sniffing $800M let alone a $Billion in a week? If out by December 1st that's not even a whole month in cinemas/theatres.
    I looked up some other states and same thing with some places only having one theater show the movie and it's 3 showings.

So it 100% Strange World is leaving theaters.

Unless they add some showings after 1st, I think they are taking it out of theaters for Avatar 2.

"He only killed killmonger after carefully planning and sticking a spear in his gut"

Lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

So the first black male lead animated movie and probably the last one to do so-is failed by Disney.

So if it's going to sniff a billion like some claim it has to do it before December 1st.
    As was stated in the movie board topic, that's likely not accurate (as far as it leaving theaters December 1.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    As was stated in the movie board topic, that's likely not accurate (as far as it leaving theaters December 1.)

Some are not showing this movie beyond December 1st because other films are taking those slots.

That movie is not showing at the nearest theater to me after December 1. It's getting bumped for movies that for SOME odd reason are being reshown like Twilight.

In other cases Avatar showings are taking those slots starting December 15th.

In either case it's getting showings reduced in certain areas.

In the case of my city-fewer showings in black areas and the majority of showings in the larger white populated area.

It's 3 weeks before the next holiday break and there is state testing before that. So why reduce showings in certain areas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only thing worse the T'challa getting pummeled by Namor is T'challa getting saved by Namor and then listening Namor gloat about it for eternity.
    It's okay if they were teaming up (Illuminati or some business like that) and Namor was lending a hand.
    Not outright save but give T'Challa some assistance to beat goons which he can do himself.

The build up to issue #13 and #14 makes 0 sense for Namor to be involved let alone save or team up with him.
    Especially when you consider Namor and Cap go way back.

Hudlin got it right, they should be on relatively good terms.
    Namor would show up to his bachelor party and help with his honeymoon.
    The only time they would interact would be if there's a global event that affects their kingdoms.
    (Civil War, Formation of the Cabal)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Don't engage, if you ignore them, they will leave as they have nothing to contribute other than trying to get people riled up with their false facts.
    I second this, man is on a one mission to derail APPRECIATION threads and promote his gospel.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

Saying that the writer who had T’Challa meeting up with foreign white supremacists to figure out how to beat his black nation into submission knew how to write T’Challa with nobility doesn’t make sense. Objectively.

Coates actively spit in the face of the idea of T’Challa being a moral, righteous person. The entire run is a deconstruction of the idea T’Challa can be both a good person and a good king which is why it starts off with the monarchy being destroyed and the Midnight Angels, who partnered with Nazi-sympathizing terrorists, never facing any consequences for their actions.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm reminded, I was told before that T'Challa meeting with those white supremacist and apartheid officials was a long con where he played them, betraying them later.

Was that true?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Saying that the writer who had T’Challa meeting up with foreign white supremacists to figure out how to beat his black nation into submission knew how to write T’Challa with nobility doesn’t make sense. Objectively.

Coates actively spit in the face of the idea of T’Challa being a moral, righteous person. The entire run is a deconstruction of the idea T’Challa can be both a good person and a good king which is why it starts off with the monarchy being destroyed and the Midnight Angels, who partnered with Nazi-sympathizing terrorists, never facing any consequences for their actions.
    Its incredible how every none-BP character in these books are terrible, terrible people but the narrative never acknowledges it.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 11-24-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I personally always find it odd when people say CW T'Challa was his best portrayal, and they ONLY base it on the fact that he had "agency" and was in terminator mode...

While forgetting that he actually did VERY LITTLE. He was the only one trying to actually kill in the whole movie, and granted he was stopped from killing Bucky at the last second every time, he actually NEVER accomplished anything...

Got put in a headlock by frakking Clint, was shocked and stopped by Widow, and went almost Noble negro. I would actually say he did simply by the fact that Zemo is alive and living his best life and T'Challa is gone now...

In BP T'Challa bodied EVERYONE. without hesitation, without mercy, Klaue only survived because people were recording hom and it would of looked bad to see a superpowered being straight up murder a dude (though he did just murder his mooks so maybe it would of been whatever).

Had M'Baku tried to yield 19 sec later T'Challa would have broke his neck. He killed his cousin without hesitation the second time after completely outclassing him the entire fight. His legit issues were not having the agency of it being his idea to Open Wakanda, and his intelligence. His actual capabilities and competence isn't in question at all.

Had those two things been highlighted (and they should have as it would have been easy to do) it wouldn't be a question at all which version is the best It's still BP 1 version
    Such a well thought out and excellent post. Its amazing you can see clearly on MCU TChalla and not Coates. Maybe this just wasnt the right time for you (and a few others). Maybe its meant for our grandchildren to look back on years from now.

Either way I agree a 1000% with your take here on MCU T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded, I was told before that T'Challa meeting with those white supremacist and apartheid officials was a long con where he played them, betraying them later.

Was that true?

Its incredible how every none-BP character in these books are terrible, terrible people but the narrative never acknowledges it.

Whoever told you that was straight up lying and D riding Coates HARD. Not only was there no long con, but it basically turned into Tetu and zenzi conned T'Challa by using one of those POS recordings about what happened and editing it in some basic ass isht and they posted it all over Wakanda. T'Challa reveals later that though it was not his idea (it was the other pos OC Coates created) he agreed to meet with them "Just to see what they would say"...

It was so incredibly stupid and literally we t nowhere and was OBVIOUSLY a set up that even some big Coates defenders at the time went "WTF was that"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Such a well thought out and excellent post. Its amazing you can see clearly on MCU TChalla and not Coates. Maybe this just wasnt the right time for you (and a few others). Maybe its meant for our grandchildren to look back on years from now.

Either way I agree a 1000% with your take here on MCU T'Challa.
    Because Coates is hot garbage. His run is not only a terrible BP run, but it's just a bad comic book in general, taking the context away for. T'Challa completely and just focusing on the story, it's bad on a fundamental level.

Characters are hypocrites and do not take responsibility or have to be held accountable for their actions. We literally see Wakandan characters willingly side with terrorists Nazi sympathizers of the state and get off scot free. We see a terrorist Nazi sympathizer who isn't even Wakandan become the new Avatar of their god.

The plot is all over the writing is bad, Coates contradicted himself constantly and couldn't remember his own continuity, and he literally created a contrived story and plotwhist to isht on T'Challa.

He asked a question of why Wakanda being as advanced as it is, uses an outdated government and then decided he wasn't going to bother to answer the question or show any nuance, just "Monarch bad, democracy good" and does so in the laziest, forced way.

Coates run will be forgotten and thrown in the trash eventually just like Mayberry and Ridleys runs

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Wakanda Forever leaving theaters first of the month in your city is surprising to hear. I can see them reducing the number of screens for it, especially the premium screens, but I wouldn't think any theater would take it out until Avatar 2. There's no other major film out there. Makes me wonder what they are going to put in its place.

I also don't see the film hitting a billion. It might get close though. I'll be looking at this weekend's box office to see how much of a bump Thanksgiving gave it. Also, the international box office. I'm wondering how the World Cup will affect those ticket sales. I also wonder if it's hit its peak internationally. In any event, I can't see this film getting $700 million domestic like the first BP did. Now, the international box office could make up for any short fall, but I don't see that happening either. I'm still expecting it to land between Dr. Strange 2 and Thor. I think it will make a profit (nowhere near a flop or bomb), but also perceived as a bit of a financial disappointment. However, with the extenuating circumstances surrounding the film I don't think it will be judged harshly for it. And Angela Bassett being nominated, and potentially winning an Academy Award (not to mention the nominations that I imagine will come Wakanda Forever's way), will wipe away any tears if the film doesn't make as much as Disney hopes.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 11-25-2022 at 03:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

BP2 will make more than Thor 4 and The Batman. Film does not need to make 1 billion. People keep trying to use that ,but it's not working at all, because than you would have to call The Batman and Thor 4 flops too. Find something new with facts.
    Last edited by milesvspeter; 11-25-2022 at 04:57 AM.