Page 857 of 955 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 14314
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    As was stated in the movie board topic, that's likely not accurate (as far as it leaving theaters December 1.)
    True, BP2 is not leaving theaters December 1. All films leave a few theaters every week no matter what the film is doing at the boxoffice. They are stating non truths to try to make the film look bad. The film is doing well. No film can redo a hit as huge as BP 1. The Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back made much less than A new Hope. The Empire Strikes Back was the better film in many people eyes, yet still made less. It's rare for a part two film to makes more or as much as the first. BP 3 has weeks to make money. Sadly many don't understand how the boxoffice works. They only use it to get what they want, not state facts.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    BP2 will make more than Thor 4 and The Batman. Film does not need to make 1 billion. People keep trying to use that ,but it's not working at all, because than you would have to call The Batman and Thor 4 flops too. Find something new with facts.
    So, the sequel to the biggest solo superhero film in decades will make more money than Yey Another Batman Reboot and the trying-too-hard-to-be-funny 4th film in a franchise?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So, the sequel to the biggest solo superhero film in decades will make more money than Yey Another Batman Reboot and the trying-too-hard-to-be-funny 4th film in a franchise?

Batman is A list, If Black Panther 2 can make more money than a loved Batman film, it's a win no matter what. Thor had huge roles in The Avengers films, BP didn't. DS2 was a cameo film right after a bigger nostalgia film with old Spidermen and villains. This is why they made more. We get it y'all didn't like what's in the film, but Disney is not going to see the film as doing poorly at the boxoffice because feelings. They only care about the facts of the boxoffice.

Batman is A list, If Black Panther 2 can make more money than a loved Batman film, it's a win no matter what. Thor had huge roles in The Avengers films, BP didn't. DS2 was a cameo film right after a bigger nostalgia film with old Spidermen and villains. This is why they made more. We get it y'all didn't like what's in the film, but Disney is not going to see the film as doing poorly at the boxoffice because feelings. They only care about the facts of the boxoffice.
    The CHARACTER may be A-List. The MOVIE made 200 million dollars LESS than Minions: The Rise of Gru. So again: Low bar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ps-1235269474/

So the first black male lead animated movie
    I did not see the movie yet but i thought Soul (2020 film) was the first black male Disney lead animated movie.

and probably the last one to do so-is failed by Disney.
    By the way i don't think it will be the last one.

Extraordinary Member

Note-now black panther 2 in 13 days is making more now domestic then doctor strange 2 did in 13 days.
    It may still have chance to surpass worldwide but like you said it's not necessary and not necessary to make 1 billion as well.

For disney black panther 2 will still be the one of highest grossing solo superhero films making more money then any film not name aquaman in the dceu and making more money domestic then any dceu film.
    WBD would have love to make that type of money now(the batman and black adam) or any of their films next year,dceu or not.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I did not see the movie yet but i thought Soul (2020 film) was the first black male Disney lead animated movie.
    Soul is Pixar while Strange World is Disney Animation.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Soul is Pixar, not Disney. If other studios count, Into the Spider-Verse was first.

Sort of a moot point, because Strange World looked bad for reasons unrelated to Ethan's ethnicity or orientation. I personally think people are getting tired of goofball heroes.

(Also, it looks like Ethan is the comic relief, anyway. The father appears to be the focal character, and he's white.)

Extraordinary Member

Soul is Pixar, not Disney. If other studios count, Into the Spider-Verse was first.
    There is this as well if you talking about the u.s.a.

The Golden Blaze

The Golden Blaze is a 2005 American animated superhero film written by Archie Gips and directed by Bryon E. Carson. The feature, starring the voices of Blair Underwood and Michael Clarke Duncan, had a limited theatrical run making it the second flash animation ever to be theatrically released, after Mexico's Magos y Gigantes in 2003, and the first in the United States. The film is animated and stylized like a comic book. It also took top honors at the prestigious 2005 Giffoni International Film Festival.

The film had a limited theatrical release on April 29, 2005,[1] and released to DVD on May 10, 2005.[2]
    Distributed by: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Kidtoon Films

Production
    company
    Urban Entertainment

Ultimate Member

By the way i don't think it will be the last one.
    I thought Soul as more Pixar than Disney.
    In Strange World's case this is the first gay black male teen lead.

I would HOPE it's not the last one but depending on who is in charge it might be.
    Remember we had a person fight to keep Black Panther from being made because of box office failures from DC.

That is $185 million dollar movie and guess what common theme I am hearing?

"I was the ONLY person in the theater." I saw the 10 am showing-I could excuse that. 4-7 PM showings like that? Is an issue.

So for folks screaming for LGBTQA content this is NOT helping their case. Disney forfeit showings in certain countries to keep that content. That was nothing more than dialogue.

People keep trying to use that ,but it's not working at all, because than you would have to call The Batman and Thor 4 flops too. Find something new with facts.
    Folks want a billion to JUSTIFY making sure T'Challa of ANY version including the kid-NEVER wears that suit again.

That is toxic feminism and fake woke screaming for a billion. Because that is what they really want.

Anything to get rid of T'Challa for good.

While they fail to notice-Disney is NOT listening to them and won't listen to them.

All this trolling is nothing but T'Challa hate. Put Hunter, Ross, Al Bundy, Storm or a nonblack male in that suit-trolling will still happen. Because it's about hate for T'Challa.

Because too many HATE the fact the most successful BLACK character at the Big Two is a guy from AFRICA. Who doesn't have to steal from other franchises or wears someone else's suit.

Because he has done more with LESS than others with A list writers and being shoved down our throats like others.

Your last part isn't true at all. Most people want the film to do well because it's a good thing for a prominently black fim to succeed. That's it.

Ultimate Member

Sort of a moot point, because Strange World looked bad for reasons unrelated to Ethan's ethnicity or orientation. I personally think people are getting tired of goofball heroes.

(Also, it looks like Ethan is the comic relief, anyway. The father appears to be the focal character, and he's white.)
    When the movie was first announced Ethan was the main focus.

In 2022 suddenly it became about the Dad. So in two years they veered away from this being about Ethan and made it about his Dad and grandfather.

Something happened with that script and the closing credits and I suspect a lot of stuff got cut out. Because the closing credits show 4 creatures that were not in movie and there is a movie pin of a creature not seen in the movie (and it would not have made sense for it to be in it).

Ethan wasn't comedy relief. Caspian was.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Your last part isn't true at all. Most people want the film to do well because it's a good thing for a prominently black fim to succeed. That's it.
    If that was the case too many folks would NOT be in here trolling.

Trying to lecture folks.

How many times do folks have to point out there are other threads to talk about this movie in.

Yet can't stop marching in here to troll to trash T'Challa every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If that was the case too many folks would NOT be in here trolling.

Trying to lecture folks.

How many times do folks have to point out there are other threads to talk about this movie in.

Yet can't stop marching in here to troll to trash T'Challa every single time.
    Dude only one poster is trolling in here. You're making it sound like there's a bunch lol

And I bet that one doesn't even actually care about women or men. He's just trolling to get a reaction.

Fantastic Member

BP2 will make more than Thor 4 and The Batman. Film does not need to make 1 billion. People keep trying to use that ,but it's not working at all, because than you would have to call The Batman and Thor 4 flops too. Find something new with facts.
    I didn't say the movie would flop, and I also said it would make more than Thor 4. I also think it will make more than The Batman (though The Batman ran against the WB self-imposed theatrical window which I think cut into its profits). Generally, if the first film out makes a lot of money, the sequel is supposed to exceed it especially if it cost more to make. Wikipedia has Wakanda Forever costing $50 million more to make than the first BP. If it doesn't make as much at the box office, even if its profitable, that opens the door to speculation that the film didn't resonate as anticipated, and then trying to figure out why that is, and what that might portend for the viability of the franchise. This seems fairly innocuous to say and applies to any other sequel coming behind a blockbuster. When Avatar 2 comes out I expect there will be similar discussions, albeit every movie's financial success or failure has its individualized quirks.

And while a billion might be an artificial goal (when it comes to profitability), it's one that defenders of Wakanda Forever would love to crow about to shut up any naysayers or "haters". Further, it's one that the mass audience can easily grasp as a sign that the film/franchise is still a massive success.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 11-25-2022 at 12:43 PM.