Page 867 of 955 FirstFirst ... 367767817857863864865866867868869870871877917 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They did one immediate mini with the MA. Flamed out, and the MA were basically written out and reduced to being the old school MA (aka Dora army redshirts) by the end of Season 2.

They gave Shuri a series that flamed out. They are 100% going to try again.

They gave what.. M'baku like two issues randomly.

The put Okoye in a random Iron Fist mini and then she hangs out with T'challa randomly here and there to stab people with a spear.

Shuri is the one that is truly a "threat" because the writers are so incompetent they don't know how to write two characters at the same time without shitting on one of them.

They literally sacrificed T'challa as a character for... 20? issues of bad sales for other characters?
    What's crazy is that marvel seemingly can't put two and two together for why the Solo and spin offs is doing do poorly. They literally did the same thing with Carol. Hired no comic writers and "celebrity" writers and her run got cancelled over and over until they finally hired someone who actually gave a damn and then her run stabilized.yet for T'Challa, they just keep doing the same thing Rinse and repeat going on 8 Years now. It's nuts

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They had no issues removing T'Challa nor W'Kabi. Aneka literally did not need to be in the movie. She was a redshirt. Abd saying they were in the boseman script means nothing because they changed it multiple times.

They reclassified the movie from being one that was pretty equal in representation to being all about the women of Wakanda and how they deal with death and trying to teach black people about grief... stuff we are ALL familiar with and don't need a fictional movie trying to teach us using a RL man's death
    This take from you keeps getting worse. Cause you're trying to justify Ekie terrible take.

Actors were already HIRED and IN THE SCRIPT.

CONTRACTUALLY Daniel Kaluuya couldnt return for the sequel because of the movie NOPE.

I dont agree with their decision to not recast. However, in regards to Ekie's terrible take they didnt disregard black men for novelty voting.

If we're looking for a mistake its that they should have had more black male actors in it BEFORE Boseman's death.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-29-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As Ekie pointed out earlier, "the Wakanda is the real character" talk supports how interchangeable the characters in the franchise are. It strips away the uniqueness of the characters and places emphasis on a fictional civilization.

It's problematic because of how few black characters are there in the MCU and suggesting their "setting" and not their character means they aren't that important. It also calls back to how territories outside of Europe were only seen as resource mines and the people living there were unimportant. I know that Feige probably didn't mean that but statements like that could be construed that way from the outside looking in.
    Black characters are over represented in the mcu in fact.

This came 2 years ago and before phase 3 ended.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is 61% White, But Does That Matter

Actors of white or Caucasian descent are the majority at 61% of the entire group.

In this regard, the MCU’s depiction of white representation is more or less spot on. Continuing on with this Census report, the Black/African American category is put at 13.4% which, compared to the MCU’s 20%, would mean that Marvel is actually over representing this subgroup.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...The-MU/page268

Since then there have more poc characters,black etc..and other poc in the mcu in other films/shows and upcoming.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-29-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

There have been 30 MCU movies.

Phase 1:

- 5 solo movies, all white dudes
    - 1 team up movie, headline by white dudes

Phase 2:

- 4 solo movies, all white dudes
    - 2 team up movies, lead by white dudes

Phase 3:

- 7 solo movies, 4 white dudes, 1 white woman, 1 black guy, one white dude/woman co-lead
    - 4 team up movies, lead by white dudes

Phase 4:

- 6 solo movies, 3 white dudes, 1 white woman, 1 asian dude, 1 black woman
    - 1 team up movie, multi cultural but lead by white dude and asian woman from memory

If you are cool with sidekicks, supporting characters, and scraps... good on you.

Calling black characters "over represented" because of that though is downright laughable.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

O
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

This came 2 years ago and before phase 3 ended.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is 61% White, But Does That Matter.

Still overwhelmingly white, and maybe that’s not all people want to see. And worldwide there are more people of color than White. And it seems like Marvel wants to represent a worldwide view of the Marvel U. Not just US representation. Look at the characters of Asian decent, and Latin descent. It’s global.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They did one immediate mini with the MA. Flamed out, and the MA were basically written out and reduced to being the old school MA (aka Dora army redshirts) by the end of Season 2.

They gave Shuri a series that flamed out. They are 100% going to try again.

They gave what.. M'baku like two issues randomly.

The put Okoye in a random Iron Fist mini and then she hangs out with T'challa randomly here and there to stab people with a spear.

Shuri is the one that is truly a "threat" because the writers are so incompetent they don't know how to write two characters at the same time without shitting on one of them.

They literally sacrificed T'Challa as a character for... 20? issues of bad sales for other characters?
    Reggie didn't invent Shuri to be a copy or replacement for T'Challa and there's no reason "Highlander Syndrome" needs to apply in this case. They can both be exceptional and unique, having specialties the other doesn't but which each appreciates in the other. EITHER of them should be a match for nearly any opponent. Together, they should be terrifying.

Wakanda is NOT and never has been the "central character" any more than Asgard is. That's just nonsense. it was created as a backdrop– initially a baseline-to-backward African nation run by a revolutionary genius (Lee-Kirby) and later as an apex society separate from and largely untouched by the rest of humanity (Preist-Hudlin).

But it's just a place. The stories have always been about T'Challa. Not "the mantle." T'Challa. It should be noted, even when Shuri was briefly the Black Panther, the story was STILL about T'Challa. This should be shocking to precisely nobody. It's how the story was designed from the jump.

Stories are about people and SUPERHERO stories about about exceptional people. That means T'Challa, T'Chaka and Shuri would be exceptional when compared to other Wakandans who are, themselves, exceptional when compared to other human beings. But they should also be exceptional when compared to one another.

THAT is the point of Wakanda.

It is a failing in any writer who cannot differentiate the awesomeness of the two siblings (or, indeed, past Panthers with present ones) without shitting on one or the other.

Weak.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-29-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It's such a weird direction for anyone to go in because it invalidates the existence of everyone who lives there and makes a lifeless hunk of rock the main character.
    Was it meant to be taken literal? Similar to how Krakoa is a living breathing entity? I don't think so.

I always took that remark to mean:
    It's about the soul and energy of the Wakandans as a people, as a nation. Every single one of them is Wakanda.
    And by that perspective, T'Challa is Wakanda...but...Wakanda is not only T'Challa. Which is the message of the movie...Wakandans/Wakanda will fight to the very last and survive even with the loss of our King.

But that's just my take.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Was it meant to be taken literal? Similar to how Krakoa is a living breathing entity? I don't think so.

I always took that remark to mean:
    It's about the soul and energy of the Wakandans as a people, as a nation. Every single one of them is Wakanda.
    And by that perspective, T'Challa is Wakanda...but...Wakanda is not only T'Challa. Which is the message of the movie...Wakandans/Wakanda will fight to the very last and survive even with the loss of our King.

But that's just my take.
    Well, if the remark was a metaphor then it flew right over my head. I've never been good with metaphors though, cannot seem to wrap my mind around them.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    This take from you keeps getting worse. Cause you're trying to justify Ekie terrible take.

Actors were already HIRED and IN THE SCRIPT.

CONTRACTUALLY Daniel Kaluuya couldnt return for the sequel because of the movie NOPE.

I dont agree with their decision to not recast. However, in regards to Ekie's terrible take they didnt disregard black men for novelty voting.

If we're looking for a mistake its that they should have had more black male actors in it BEFORE Boseman's death.
    I don't think Aneka twas cast until later, and even still it IS a problem because the male cast was entirely gutted. I'm not saying this is some conspiracy theory or some isht, but call a duck a duck. They killed off nearly the entire male cast in the first movie. I also don't believe Aneka was cast yet prior to boseman passing but i could be wrong. They should have cast more actors but THEY DIDN'T then they changed the script and the entire vibe of The first movie of Black representation as a whole, to Black women only. in simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Reggie didn't invent Shuri to be a copy or replacement for T'Challa and there's no reason "Highlander Syndrome" needs to apply in this case. They can both be exceptional and unique, having specialties the other doesn't but which each appreciates in the other. EITHER of them should be a match for nearly any opponent. Together, they should be terrifying.

Wakanda is NOT and never has been the "central character" any more than Asgard is. That's just nonsense. it was created as a backdrop– initially a baseline-to-backward African nation run by a revolutionary genius (Lee-Kirby) and later as an apex society separate from and largely untouched by the rest of humanity (Preist-Hudlin).

But it's just a place. The stories have always been about T'Challa. Not "the mantle." T'Challa. It should be noted, even when Shuri was briefly the Black Panther, the story was STILL about T'Challa. This should be shocking to precisely nobody. It's how the story was designed from the jump.

Stories are about people and SUPERHERO stories about about exceptional people. That means T'Challa, T'Chaka and Shuri would be exceptional when compared to other Wakandans who are, themselves, exceptional when compared to other human beings. But they should also be exceptional when compared to one another.

THAT is the point of Wakanda.

It is a failing in any writer who cannot differentiate the awesomeness of the two siblings (or, indeed, past Panthers with present ones) without shitting on one or the other.

Weak.
    And yet here we are. People are so enamored with Afrofuturism, that they want to cast aside the title character who made it possible, shit on said character or write them as weak, insert their own mouthpieces into the franchise and add in so much garbage that they ironically turn Wakanda into the racist stereotype of Africa that they claim to hate.

Coates literally threw damn near every racial stereotype I to Wakanda same with his cabal of friend he had join him.

Ridley's going out of his way to directly attack what makes T'Challa Exceptional and DIFFERENT from the rest of Wakanda and using his OCs as weapons to do so while silencing T'Challa and having him take it with his head hanging dejected.

The writers we are getting hold ZERO love for T'Challa, more like contempt and if they could write a Wakanda book WITHOUT T'Challa and get his fans they would do so in a heartbeat. Because they care about "representation" but only what they specifically want

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And yet here we are. People are so enamored with Afrofuturism, that they want to cast aside the title character who made it possible, shit on said character or write them as weak, insert their own mouthpieces into the franchise and add in so much garbage that they ironically turn Wakanda into the racist stereotype of Africa that they claim to hate.

Coates literally threw damn near every racial stereotype I to Wakanda same with his cabal of friend he had join him.

Ridley's going out of his way to directly attack what makes T'Challa Exceptional and DIFFERENT from the rest of Wakanda and using his OCs as weapons to do so while silencing T'Challa and having him take it with his head hanging dejected.

The writers we are getting hold ZERO love for T'Challa, more like contempt and if they could write a Wakanda book WITHOUT T'Challa and get his fans they would do so in a heartbeat. Because they care about "representation" but only what they specifically want

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just as I watched and fully enjoyed a movie without T'Challa, I would read a book only about Wakanda and other Wakandans if it was written respectfully, interestingly and well, and illustrated beauty-fully.

Alas, the Avengers Office do not care about such things.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Just as I watched and fully enjoyed a movie without T'Challa, I would read a book only about Wakanda and other Wakandans if it was written respectfully, interestingly and well, and illustrated beauty-fully.

Alas, the Avengers Office do not care about such things.
    Because they always sell poorly and rarely is there anything interesting or respectful being done. A Wakanda spin-off could work in some capacity but not when editors let people like Coates and Ridley write rubbish in the main series.

Ultimate Member

You can do that type of book like we saw with Gotham Central but you can not disrespect the face of the franchise who is T'Challa.

The reason you get so many bat family books is because none disrespect Batman.

Most go out of their way to show how that supporting cast can survive on their own or use the resources of Batman on their own. Still not disrespecting Batman.

Marvel seems to no understand that with T'Challa.

But tbf I do think they’ll be written better in the MCU because one thing you can’t deny is Coogler reworked some side characters into being better than their comic counterparts.
    Tv shows and movies worth their salt have ZERO issue fleshing out folks.

See Cyborg, John Stewart, Bumblebee & Herald.

Along with using folks.

Tv and movie gives no bleeps about toxic dudebros who throw fits when say Duke Thomas appear. Funny he can find his way into a kids show yet can't in the main Bat book.

What was Rocket Raccoon doing before those movies?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Because they always sell poorly and rarely is there anything interesting or respectful being done. A Wakanda spin-off could work in some capacity but not when editors let people like Coates and Ridley write rubbish in the main series.
    They don't have anyone on the BP office with the same writing ability as Dan Watters when he made Arkham City: Order of the World

Now thats a setting book