Page 868 of 955 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871872878918 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 14314
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What was Rocket Raccoon doing before those movies?
    He was in Annihilation: Conquest, the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series, War of Kings, Realm of Kings and The Thanos Imperative. So...he was doing a lot.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Y’all are gonna hurt yourselves trying to make sense of that story. It’s MCU M’Baku’s problem now lmao.

But tbf I do think they’ll be written better in the MCU because one thing you can’t deny is Coogler reworked some side characters into being better than their comic counterparts. Except W’Kabi, he absolutely shit all over that guy and killed his chance at ever being a big player again. Okoye actually has a personality and Ramonda feels more like a Queen Mother than she typically does in the comics (and this was before WF, where Basset really shines I hear) Nakia is a far more sensible love interest than Ororo could hope to be and M’Baku always works better as a frenemy than a raging Luddite.

Ayo and Aneka will likely have different reasons for rebelling and still be anti-heroes, but ones who’s redemption and actions make sense. Tetu and Zenzi, who I expect to be the villains of that show, are gonna stand head and shoulders above the comic versions by virtue of the fact the comic versions are nothing characters. Just give them standard Coogler dialogue and they’ll instantly be worth more than the comics. So all things considered I think there’s a fair chance that via synergy the Midnight Angels might become better characters. But for now I’m extremely happy they and Storm are not featured in the book because we already have enough nonsense to worry about with Ridley’s run.
    My problem is simple. Of course those characters were depicted well because they had NO CHARACTER. They are essentially OCS. But notice the characters with the most development were also changed and left more to be desired due to unnecessary changes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    He was in Annihilation: Conquest, the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series, War of Kings, Realm of Kings and The Thanos Imperative. So...he was doing a lot.
    Were they LEAD roles? NO.

Most of the Batman and Superman family had solo mini or ongoings not team books or events whose trades pack bins forever.

I am talking about something with them as the lead and has their name on it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Most of the Batman and Superman family had solo mini or ongoings not team books or events whose trades pack bins forever.

Well he was a major character in those stories, was a lead in the Guardian runs, and it did help put him on the map that lead to the movie bringing him........ Huh turns out he did have a 4 issue mini-series in 1985

Though he did only get to headline his own title again after the movie came out, which can be said for all the Guardians but Rocket definitely benefited the most getting a total of 4 separate series (though 2 were Rocket and Groot)

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Isn't that particular comparison a bit unfair and weighed heavily in the favor of Superman and Batman? Rocket Raccoon was never meant to have his own ongoing series let alone a mini-series from the very beginning, he was developed as a supporting cast member for Prince Wayfinder in Bill Mantlo's ill-fated Sword in the Star saga over in Marvel Preview, where he and Wayfinder would have had a similar relationship to the one Rocket now shares with Peter Quill. When Sword in the Star didn't pan out due to lack of reader interest, Bill Mantlo reworked Rocket during his Hulk run. He got one mini-series thanks to the Hulk book, made a few more guest appearances, and then disappeared from sight after his final appearance in Sensational She-Hulk #46.

The only reason the characters you mentioned even got ongoing series or minis in the first place was because of their preestablished connections to characters that had been around since the very end of the 1930's and had sold well. Rocket Raccoon didn't have that kind of luxury, his co-star Prince Wayfinder had only just made his own first appearance a few months prior in January of 1976 and was never given a real chance by the readers, resulting in his own story being folded into the lore of The Micronauts around the mid-80's by his and Rocket's creator Bill Mantlo.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-30-2022 at 12:22 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Isn't that particular comparison a bit unfair and weighed heavily in the favor of Superman and Batman? Rocket Raccoon was never meant to have his own ongoing series let alone a mini-series from the very beginning, he was developed as a supporting cast member for Prince Wayfinder in Bill Mantlo's ill-fated Sword in the Star saga over in Marvel Preview, where he and Wayfinder would have had a similar relationship to the one Rocket now shares with Peter Quill. When Sword in the Star didn't pan out due to lack of reader interest, Bill Mantlo reworked Rocket during his Hulk run. He got one mini-series thanks to the Hulk book, made a few more guest appearances, and then disappeared from sight after his final appearance in Sensational She-Hulk #46.

The only reason the characters you mentioned even got ongoing series or minis in the first place was because of their preestablished connections to characters that had been around since the very end of the 1930's and had sold well. Rocket Raccoon didn't have that kind of luxury, his co-star Prince Wayfinder had only just made his own first appearance a few months prior in January of 1976 and was never given a real chance by the readers, resulting in his own story being folded into the lore of The Micronauts around the mid-80's by his and Rocket's creator Bill Mantlo.
    There's an interesting conversation there that not every character really warrants their own title. Sometimes a supporting character is a supporting character.

Its really dependent on the strength and the history of the character plus of course the writer. Like a while ago, both Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane got their own 12 issue maxi-series and both series were pretty acclaimed relying on a good combination of the character's history (Jimmy's series dived into the character's insane Silver Age history), relationships with others (Lois' comic even had major appearances by characters like both Questions), and talented AF writers (Jimmy was written by Matt Fraction, Lois by Greg Rucka).

Which not to say BP can't support spin-offs but you have to build it up. Like for all their marketing about Tosin the guy hasn't been around for a single full arc, the majority of his appearance currently is just the one or 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would read a book only about Wakanda and other Wakandans if it was written respectfully, interestingly and well, and illustrated beauty-fully.
    So... Flags of our Fathers and then....

?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Cant wait till we get A Nation Under Our Feet
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1597938496538177536

Why are they randomly promoting hudlin's comic lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And they used a 5 year old video too lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why are they randomly promoting hudlin's comic lol?
    Is it on Disney Plus already, the animated adaption? If not maybe they gonna put it on the Streaming service? That could be why it has focus, his run, so they could try to get more TPB sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Is it on Disney Plus already, the animated adaption? If not maybe they gonna put it on the Streaming service? That could be why it has focus, his run, so they could try to get more TPB sales.
    No but all 6 episodes are on their YouTube channel

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    That wouldn't have gone over well and Disney knows that.

They got away with not recasting because Chads death was a unforseen circumstance,the crew backed the decision and because it was a opportunity to give black women that spotlight.Introducing Kasper would have erased that good will.
    Wait, why would it be bad for two BPs to be running around. I don't doubt that viewers could resonate with Kasper's story, and it would tie Riri in better if he was trying to protect her after an agent of Namors came to attack her. There is a LOT of story that could be done in regard to how different Kasper's views vs Eric's views were. They can both feel that shit needs to be returned for example but with different reasons as to why and Kasper being inspired and conflicted by heros as you could weave in the ex cop line.

Equal time, or have his story put later in a disney tv show.

Early preview of Wakanda #4