Page 913 of 955 FirstFirst ... 413813863903909910911912913914915916917923 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,695 of 14314

I like how this scan explains the difference between Tony and TChalla. Also a nice tech feat from both. Handling a crowd of vampires here.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I would disagree slightly. Priests run established that T'CHALLA brought Wakanda to the 22nd century. The stuff we see him using the tech, habit, kimoyo, daggers etc etc. ALL of it was by his own design and creation.

We SAW his genius when he beat Tonys most advanced suit in the world at the time with a bottle of Windex, he beat and brought back an enraged IF with his ear piece, he blocked Mephisto by creating an energy field to prevent him from being able to react to his attack.

Hudlin showed how T'Challa hacked a x men computer on second's, creates gun exploding tech built into his habit, created a fully functioning light armored suit at age 12, and was able to show Monica different ways she could use her power, one of which was to have her ride in a kimoyo card.

The difference is that later writer's more so put him in a lab instead of him DOING it. We didn't need to see him tinker in a lab because it was established already that he could do those things.

They focused on the aspects that make him dangerous by combining the scientific genius with everything else he has to offer

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would disagree slightly. Priests run established that T'CHALLA brought Wakanda to the 22nd century. The stuff we see him using the tech, habit, kimoyo, daggers etc etc. ALL of it was by his own design and creation.

We SAW his genius when he beat Tonys most advanced suit in the world at the time with a bottle of Windex, he beat and brought back an enraged IF with his ear piece, he blocked Mephisto by creating an energy field to prevent him from being able to react to his attack.

Hudlin showed how T'Challa hacked a x men computer on second's, creates gun exploding tech built into his habit, created a fully functioning light armored suit at age 12, and was able to show Monica different ways she could use her power, one of which was to have her ride in a kimoyo card.

The difference is that later writer's more so put him in a lab instead of him DOING it. We didn't need to see him tinker in a lab because it was established already that he could do those things.

They focused on the aspects that make him dangerous by combining the scientific genius with everything else he has to offer
    Which I will add Liss also perfectly demonstrated in his run. A "depowered" T'Challa taking on Kraven the Hunter, Lady Bullseye, and Kingpin were a combination of his scientific genius with his being a master combatant and strategist. All attributes Lee/Kirby defined decades prior to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It also says he's both a "sophisticate and a scientist"

It's not any sillier than an herb that gives someone panther-powers. Going by feats, Stark is an ominidisciplinary scientist who mostly uses technology, but can and has performed miracles in every scientific field. You can keep calling him just an engineer a million times, or keep calling the times he's performed miracles in multiple fields bad writing a million times, but it won't erase those feats. That being "bad writing" is just your opinion. The scientific feats are canon.
    Naw, it is bad..."hype writing" dude had his skill set drifted to to God level. For whole decades all he ever did was design/create advanced armor and get drunk! Extremists stuff and cloning bodies for himself and then Rhodes was ridiculous. Gene mapping and modification is not something you can read up and then do on a master level.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well this is a horrifying possibility

https://screenrant.com/marvel-next-c...black-panther/

Civil War III: this time Captain America vs Black Panther

There are so many ways this can go awful for both characters.......

Mighty Member

Since when did TNC/Coates and Ridley ever show Tchalla as "dangerous by combining the scientific genius with everything else he has to offer"?!??!??

We ALL know that is lie!!!

EDIT:

And the point of being a GENIUS is to be constantly making and creating new things.

Liss, Priest, Hickman, Al Ewing, Thorne and Hudlin illustrated brilliantly Tchalla's MULTIFACETED talents as a king, politician, warrior fighter, tactician, mystic and scientific genius. Even the much detested Doom War writer gave and SHOWED those props of Tchalla which is how Shadow Physics was created.

So what dumb excuse do TNC and Ridley have for their devoted dedication to portray Tchalla as an endlessly degrading character?
    Last edited by Besouro; 12-21-2022 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well this is a horrifying possibility

https://screenrant.com/marvel-next-c...black-panther/

Civil War III: this time Captain America vs Black Panther

There are so many ways this can go awful for both characters.......
    Sounds so stupid. Obviously T'Challa is going to lose this argument. Plus he has never been about forcing the world to peace. He has always been about helping but he WILL put his nation first when lives are threatened. Plus Ridleys doing such a ishtty job at this that I have zero confidence. He has already punked T'Challa as it is. Whatever he had planned needs to get axed HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Since when did TNC/Coates and Ridley ever show Tchalla as "dangerous by combining the scientific genius with everything else he has to offer"?!??!??

We ALL know that is lie!!!

EDIT:

And the point of being a GENIUS is to be constantly making and creating new things.

Liss, Priest, Hickman, Al Ewing, Thorne and Hudlin illustrated brilliantly Tchalla's MULTIFACETED talents as a king, politician, warrior fighter, tactician, mystic and scientific genius. Even the much detested Doom War writer gave and SHOWED those props of Tchalla which is how Shadow Physics was created.

So what dumb excuse do TNC and Ridley have for their devoted dedication to portray Tchalla as an endlessly degrading character?
    Again. My man, your are literally not reading what I am saying. No where did I say ANYWHERE, that Coates and Ridley showed T'Challa as dangerous by combining his genius with everything else. I SPECIFICALLY talked about Priest and Hudlin portrayals in my conversation.

Seriously you keep misreading my quotes and acting like in a Coates and Ridley fans when I have clearly shown i am not

Ridley has got to go

Regarding Black Panther #12

I have no words. There is NOTHING redeemable about this issue.

Wow. Absolutely amazing. It’s extremely impressive how Ridley keeps surpassing my expectations for his incredible ability to consistently put out an issue worse than the last.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wow. Absolutely amazing. It’s extremely impressive how Ridley keeps surpassing my expectations for his incredible ability to consistently put out an issue worse than the last.

So more Coates 2.0? I mean just the preview itself was already pretty telling it was going to be isht. But I feel it somehow is even worse

Incredible Member

Ridley isn't serious...

Incredible Member

So more Coates 2.0? I mean just the preview itself was already pretty telling it was going to be isht. But I feel it somehow is even worse
    Coates BP is so much better

Astonishing Member

T’Challa (when not being written as he has been lately*) is usually the omnidisciplinary scientist that had the emotional maturity and focus to be practical with his approach to super-science

Everyone else, even those who might beat out T’Challa in raw brainpower, have varying issues (not going to list out lest this turn into insulting everyone else) that limits their ability to implement their ability to the same extent. In short he is a full rounded human being who is a super-genius on top of everything else vs a lovecraftian jumble of Hollywood!neuroses

*speaking of, what did they do to him this month?
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 12-21-2022 at 08:52 AM.