Page 914 of 955 FirstFirst ... 414814864904910911912913914915916917918924 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So more Coates 2.0? I mean just the preview itself was already pretty telling it was going to be isht. But I feel it somehow is even worse
    Unfortunately the Ridley era is just a continuation of the dumpster fire that was the Coatesverse

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Coates BP is so much better
    Not really and they’re both hot garbage

#12 is a pain to read..first few pages are the worst i've read in a long time from the big 2 comic publishers

especially when spoilers:
    t'challa's faced getting smashed by a nobody wtf
    end of spoilers

Ridley’s run isn’t that bad. My biggest issue with it though is T’challa moping about decisions he made as KING. Decisions that were arguably the right ones. He should have been unapologetic to Folosade. She’s been Prime Minister for 3 days and think she knows more than A King with the knowledge of 1000 Panthers. When she told him to step down, he should have said absolutely not. There should have been tension between The Palace and Parliament but T’challa should still be on the throne. J

When Storm got mad about Gentle that should have been another unapologetic moment, Krakoa has Sinister, Magneto, Apocalypse and Arrako United under one flag , and since Storm brought up the past can’t forget she didn’t tell him about the phoniex and two days later it decimated Wakanda and their marriage.

And with Cap. Dude was a whole hydra agent who invaded Wakanda and almost killed T’challa. Can’t act like all the countries in 616 have been angels. Of course he needed a contingency plan for them. And Jhai ? When he found out what he did , he should have just straight out whooped his ass. The arc would be so much better if T’challa was telling everybody to go to hell instead of apologizing and crying.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's really simple. Too many writers in comics have the following thought process:

* Premise: Heroism is not "realistic".

* Problem: I'm being paid to write about a superhero.

* Solution: I should focus exclusively on how flawed he is, and make sure that he's tormented and scolded by his supporting cast for his actions.

What they miss, of course, is that people don't buy comics for their realism... they buy them to ESCAPE reality.
    I don't think escapism has been a main focus of superhero comics since the Silver Age ended. Believe it or not, there is an audience for the stuff Ridley is writing. Marvel wouldn't keep offering this type of content if it didn't sell, for good or for ill.

Let's "deconstruct" this POS:

spoilers:

First scene: Jhai reveals his awesome plan, no sells a backhand from T'Challa, and beats his king into the pavement, before asking some no-name grunt to kill him. T'Challa is rescued by one of Jhai's soldier, who turns out to be some nobody ex-Vibranium miner he once met. Said miner then commits suicide because he's a traitor.

Second scene: T'Challa gets scolded by the Avengers while sitting with his head bowed like a puppy who messed the carpet.

Third scene: T'Challa is scolded by Shuri, who says that he messed up and has to fix it, and is shocked that T'Challa actually SPIES on people.

Fourth scene: T'Challa begs Gentle for help, who tells him Storm was a better leader.

Fifth scene: T'Challa asks Buffalo Soldier for help, who claims his people are peaceful while they talk about dismembering people in their own language in the background.

Sixth scene: T'Challa asks Tosin for help. Tosin basically says every time Wakanda is in trouble, it's T'Challa's fault. Shuri convinces him to help because "her brother is the past. You are the future".

Seventh scene: T'Challa asks Omolala for help. She only agrees because she wants revenge on Jhai for deceiving her. She also says T'Challa's "style of leadership is pretty perverted".

Eighth scene. T'Challa gathers his allies for a planning sesh. Imani (the deputy Prime Minister) shows up, and tries to take command, and threatens T'Challa with the "power of diplomacy" if he doesn't let her.

end of spoilers

Basically, an entire issue of folks telling T'Challa he was a bad king and should feel bad.

Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think escapism has been a main focus of superhero comics since the Silver Age ended. Believe it or not, there is an audience for the stuff Ridley is writing. Marvel wouldn't keep offering this type of content if it didn't sell, for good or for ill.
    Except it ISN'T selling. The last time I had solid sales numbers, it had dropped out of the top 100.

As someone that found the Killmonger mini too dull, Wakanda #3 was even more so. The secondary story about Nehanda was ok I guess. There was no mention of her being Mamadou Fall’s daughter or the conflict with her brother that was mentioned in the Dora handbook. But they did keep her being the founder of the Dora from the guidebook. The only thing that was new was that she was a mage as well and taking the herb enhanced her abilities, Zavawari was her mentor, and she took lovers among her Dora and had no children.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    #12 is a pain to read..first few pages are the worst i've read in a long time from the big 2 comic publishers

especially when spoilers:
    t'challa's faced getting smashed by a nobody wtf
    end of spoilers
    It's so bad.

This version of T'Challa is so mopey that it's difficult to enjoy.

Even if I wasn't a fan of the character, who wants to read about an "emo-T'Challa"? Constantly whining and feeling sorry for himself.

Except it ISN'T selling. The last time I had solid sales numbers, it had dropped out of the top 100.
    And the last time sale numbers for individual issues were known he was selling in the 11k and 14k range

Ultimate Member

spoilers:

First scene: Jhai reveals his awesome plan, no sells a backhand from T'Challa, and beats his king into the pavement, before asking some no-name grunt to kill him. T'Challa is rescued by one of Jhai's soldier, who turns out to be some nobody ex-Vibranium miner he once met. Said miner then commits suicide because he's a traitor.

Second scene: T'Challa gets scolded by the Avengers while sitting with his head bowed like a puppy who messed the carpet.

Third scene: T'Challa is scolded by Shuri, who says that he messed up and has to fix it, and is shocked that T'Challa actually SPIES on people.

Fourth scene: T'Challa begs Gentle for help, who tells him Storm was a better leader.

Fifth scene: T'Challa asks Buffalo Soldier for help, who claims his people are peaceful while they talk about dismembering people in their own language in the background.

Sixth scene: T'Challa asks Tosin for help. Tosin basically says every time Wakanda is in trouble, it's T'Challa's fault. Shuri convinces him to help because "her brother is the past. You are the future".

Seventh scene: T'Challa asks Omolala for help. She only agrees because she wants revenge on Jhai for deceiving her. She also says T'Challa's "style of leadership is pretty perverted".

Eighth scene. T'Challa gathers his allies for a planning sesh. Imani (the deputy Prime Minister) shows up, and tries to take command, and threatens T'Challa with the "power of diplomacy" if he doesn't let her.

end of spoilers

Basically, an entire issue of folks telling T'Challa he was a bad king and should feel bad.

Yay.
    It was so bad.

Ridley is really flopping harder than I expected here.

It seems he doesn't really know much about the character he's writing here.

This is worse than doom war

This is worse than roy

This is worse than coates

This is the single worst 12 issue story in bp history
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Yay.
    I usually find clones or Skrulls masquerading as heroes is lazy. Not always. But if this is what we're getting I endorse any and all deus ex machina, jumping the shark, infinity gauntlet dream escape out of this BS. A skrull/clone/android thing to explain all this away. Damn monkey paw.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Incredible Member

We need a new hashtag.

RetconTchalla.

When this dumpster fire is over we need a Hudlin style reboot starting over from the end of Secret Wars. There’s nothing from the last 7 years worth salvaging from the solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    We need a new hashtag.

RetconTchalla.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    When this dumpster fire is over we need a Hudlin style reboot starting over from the end of Secret Wars. There’s nothing from the last 7 years worth salvaging from the solo.
    At this point, even my classic "Two Word" solution to fixing the book is nonviable. The rot has spread beyond the book, and there's little sign that Marvel editorial (or, indeed, Studios) is interested in halting the decay. I think that when this thread restarts in 11 days... I won't be contributing.

(You should be able to find me in the MK or Strange-related threads, tho. Maybe.)