Page 926 of 955 FirstFirst ... 426826876916922923924925926927928929930936 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 14314
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    My point was that this franchise hasn't featured what some would call a traditional family structure in decades. T'Chaka's absence is a defining part of T'challa's life. Like a lot of superheroes, T'Challa is incredibly wrapped up in his father's legacy. Two of his rogues are siblings.

The premiere superhero in this universe (Spider-Man) does not have his biological parents. The premiere team (the X-Men) is a found family.

I get people not liking it, I just don't think this is Coogler injecting this foreign idea into the franchise that was never there before.
    Exactatiously.

Without any further context to go by, and based on his talent and skill, Googler would have definitely made it work and respectfully so.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-23-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coogler really did a number on yall. Or maybe its Coates. Naw its Ridley.

Seriously, what is terrible about that original idea? It provided real consequences from the blip. We would have got to see a black father and son story. And T'Challa doing cool ish. He just lost time with his son so you can really feel the urgency to protect what he loves. Forget just Storm, it open up Monica Lynne or whoever as a romantic interest down the road.

Gaht damn what would please people. I get Ridley's garbage, but damn in the real world not everybody views everything as terrible.
    It's trash because it replaces one Broken black family trope with another. It makes no f*cking sense. They have a child out of wedlock, out of Wakanda, and this Wakandan royal is living not knowing who or likely what his dad represents. Can we please stop with these tropes

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    My point is, Coogler might be a decent director, but I don't see him as a good writer. And what does this have to do with T'Challa? I would rather have this concept explored long term in the comics than some add on b.s. Coogler injected into a 3 hour movie. Sorry, but I don't think he did T'Challa any favors other than being chosen to direct the movie. I'd as soon see him move on.

My guy you were going to get the same comic book ish you've been getting just an exploration of a son. Again these last couple of years have really soured yall. If its more taking from T'Challa, if they had T'Challa look like a chump I'd get it. The stuff yall talking about, lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's trash because it replaces one Broken black family trope with another. It makes no f*cking sense. They have a child out of wedlock, out of Wakanda, and this Wakandan royal is living not knowing who or likely what his dad represents. Can we please stop with these tropes
    Ridley broke you. Im sorry its come to this.

You equate a comic book character getting blipped, a character moving on and yet having a drama free and productive relationship with their child as some negative trope. Yea they broke you.

Dr. Umar Johnson got some vids you can watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.

Without any further context to go buy, and based on his talent and skill, Googler would have definitely made it work and respectfully so.
    Yea the crying about this is just left over tears from the past couple tears. I feel like they would be nowhere near be as hurt as they are now.

However, we've had a couple years of worrying about black death and killing him off,etc etc. That this is being received in a way it wouldnt have if Chadwick never died. Cause no one would have even been thinking like that.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I have to say, my reaction to the prospect to T'Challa being a father is the same as Thor's current status quo as the caretaker of Gorr's child.

Some novelty sure but I don't find it much interesting. Sounds like a distraction more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I have to say, my reaction to the prospect to T'Challa being a father is the same as Thor's current status quo as the caretaker of Gorr's child.

Some novelty sure but I don't find it much interesting. Sounds like a distraction more than anything.
    Thor raising random girl

T'Challa raising his son

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thor raising random girl

T'Challa raising his son
    It's a parent raising a child. Doesn't matter if it's blood related or not.

And honestly a second movie is way too early got all that. Black Panther 1 was basically setting up T'Challa SD the new king and on 2 now he's got all this shit on his plate cause of the blip.

There's a reason most of the Marvel products have been ignoring the consequences of the blip for the most part. It's too much of a hassle.

Mighty Member

My guy you were going to get the same comic book ish you've been getting just an exploration of a son. Again these last couple of years have really soured yall. If its more taking from T'Challa, if they had T'Challa look like a chump I'd get it. The stuff yall talking about, lol .
    He could have gone with Achebe instead of pulling a kid out his ass. Was that comic book ish?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Mighty Member

Yea the crying about this is just left over tears from the past couple tears. I feel like they would be nowhere near be as hurt as they are now.

However, we've had a couple years of worrying about black death and killing him off,etc etc. That this is being received in a way it wouldnt have if Chadwick never died. Cause no one would have even been thinking like that.
    I've seen your posts. You've come up with more relevant plots.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

For me there's no reason to dwell on this What If BP2 scenario. It is what it is and just like the version that made it to the cinemas at the end of the day it's a movie I haven't seen.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    For me there's no reason to dwell on this What If BP2 scenario. It is what it is and just like the version that made it to the cinemas at the end of the day it's a movie I haven't seen.
    Exactly man. As someone who only ever liked Blade 2, in terms of film adaptations of comic books or comic characters, what Disney wants to do with Black Panther they can do. Better stories have already happened, and I know I'm in the minority when I say I don't expect anything to improve on the MCU side of things. Or with anything else being done really. There are still pre-2016 T'Challa stories I haven't read yet. Finally checking those out has me way more enthusiastic than anything else happening these days.

Fantastic Member

The original script idea reminds me a bit of Superman Returns. I'm not opposed to the idea of him having a kid and connecting with him after the Blip though I also feel it would be too early to bring a kid into the storyline, because then it shifts from focusing on T'Challa and developing and defining him to the relationship between father and son and I would've rather seen something like that in a third or fourth film. But ultimately it would've been a matter of execution. I'm assuming that Coogler could do a better job than was done in Superman Returns, which didn't spend much time on connecting Superman and Jason perhaps in the hopes that that would happen in a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    The original script idea reminds me a bit of Superman Returns. I'm not opposed to the idea of him having a kid and connecting with him after the Blip though I also feel it would be too early to bring a kid into the storyline, because then it shifts from focusing on T'Challa and developing and defining him to the relationship between father and son and I would've rather seen something like that in a third or fourth film. But ultimately it would've been a matter of execution. I'm assuming that Coogler could do a better job than was done in Superman Returns, which didn't spend much time on connecting Superman and Jason perhaps in the hopes that that would happen in a sequel.
    TBH though. I think the Kid thing had less to do with Cooglers personal preference and more to do with the direction the MCU is trying to move in. A lot of the main avengers are getting kids Iron Man, Thor, T'challa , Wanda , Hulk. I think Marvel has a plan for them in one of the future Avengers movies. Also, I don't know if anybody else caught it, but Coogler had married off Nakia to someone else, so he was definitely clearing the path for Ororo in BP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

There was so much going into that that it's utterly insane that's what they left off of Thor doing.