Page 408 of 955 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    And in African culture she would have got slapped like a mothereffer fot such disrespect to her senior brother. It amazes me since 1998 the BP franchise has adopted a lot of Nigerian influences from language to names and yet the cultural discipline is lacking. The last real African thing I rambert in the comics was T'Chaka reprimanding some fool for calling him by his 1st name and in the MCU it was T'Challa's line to Cap about how long he can keep Bucky safe from him. The IP is now majorly effed.
    I’m half African and half black American, maybe it’s just a family thing for me but little siblings roasting their older brothers was never treated too seriously unless it was something crazy. Sticking up a middle finger while smiling was basic **** in my house lol. My sister and I never played like that when my dad was home though, so there’s some truth to what you’re saying.

Idk, Wakanda isn’t actually African the way we understand it though. It takes the aesthetic and some cultural elements but they already have a lot of cultural traits that distinguish them from other African cultures so maybe family relationships are different too.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    On this front, Shuri whining about her corset during the tribal challenge did make me cringe a bit, it felt... off. M'baku was right to call her out about it.

(and now shes gonna be queen and BP lol. The 16 year old with fear in her eyes when the Jabari walked in. LOL)
    It shows the difference between T'Challa and Shuri and why she's not fit to rule at all. T'Challa as child behaved much more dignified and to then expectation of a Royal. As we see in delete scenes. Shuri clearly doesn't have any interest on ruling, and given her attitude in BP and 2 years later in IW. At 16 & 18 I don't have much thought that she is even got to rule by her demeanor alone. As M'Baku said, she scoffs at tradition. And not all tradition is bad either.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m half African and half black American, maybe it’s just a family thing for me but little siblings roasting their older brothers was never treated too seriously unless it was something crazy. Sticking up a middle finger while smiling was basic **** in my house lol. My sister and I never played like that when my dad was home though, so there’s some truth to what you’re saying.

Idk, Wakanda isn’t actually African the way we understand it though. It takes the aesthetic and some cultural elements but they already have a lot of cultural traits that distinguish them from other African cultures so maybe family relationships are different too
    Yep, Wakanda is aesthetically African and borrows some cultural elements here and there but mostly it just a smorgasbord of ideas on what Non-Africans perceived of how a technological advanced African country would look like.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

And in African culture she would have got slapped like a mothereffer fot such disrespect to her senior brother. It amazes me since 1998 the BP franchise has adopted a lot of Nigerian influences from language to names and yet the cultural discipline is lacking. The last real African thing I rambert in the comics was T'Chaka reprimanding some fool for calling him by his 1st name and in the MCU it was T'Challa's line to Cap about how long he can keep Bucky safe from him. The IP is now majorly effed.
    I'm Nigerian. Mocking older siblings doesn't usually warrant a harsh punishment. Especially if it isn't malicious.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm Nigerian. Mocking older siblings doesn't usually warrant a harsh punishment. Especially if it isn't malicious.
    I'm Kenyan. My only commentary on this topic is the "mocking" wouldn't even have happened because it would have reflected badly on my sister and even worse to my parents if it was in a public setting
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-28-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The issue is that Shuri is given the charactization of a rebellious princess and since Disney loves girlbosses, everyone just rolls with her uppity behavior despite their should be some obvious friction from her royal family.

Hell Brave kinda handled this better, with Merida's unladylike behavior causing a massive headache for her very refined and reserved mother.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If you're checking twitter that Boseman news is just sad.

Then you add in Marvel killing his character later this year just so they can profit off it.

Disgusting. They could have honored Boseman by trying to make the film as big as possible and then give his intended salary for that film to his family.

Kill a franchise HE HELPED make a BILLION dollars. His character T'Challa was going to give him the FORTUNE he would have deserved. Now they use his death for profit. Just a dame shame. Yea he probably could have handled his finances better, but the timing is just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I’m Dead this crap funny AF lolololololol. Not light year numbers lolololol
    Hahaha well I do

To me it's the same thing with Kamala Khan from what I hear. A lot of women in the Muslim faith wouldn't do or act the way she conducts herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If you're checking twitter that Boseman news is just sad.

Then you add in Marvel killing his character later this year just so they can profit off it.

Disgusting. They could have honored Boseman by trying to make the film as big as possible and then give his intended salary for that film to his family.

Kill a franchise HE HELPED make a BILLION dollars. His character T'Challa was going to give him the FORTUNE he would have deserved. Now they use his death for profit. Just a dame shame. Yea he probably could have handled his finances better, but the timing is just gross.
    I think Chadwick was smart with his money. The problem was that he didn’t have a will when he died. But still he only had an estate of $2-3 million when he starred in a billion dollar film? Just how much was he paid for the first movie?!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think Chadwick was smart with his money. The problem was that he didn’t have a will when he died. But still he only had an estate of $2-3 million when he starred in a billion dollar film? Just how much was he paid for the first movie?!
    Yea the no will was what I was talking about.

Well thats part of the sadness with his story. He did those earlier films on the promise (likely) that he'd strike it rich on the films after that. A BP2, BP3 and a couple Avengers films would have allowed him to really cash in. Because he was going to be in demand since he TChalla was supposed to be a major factor in the MCU. Which makes it all the more strange they wouldnt position another black actor to capitalize. Instead they go with the ensemble to keep the money dished out lower. Although I guess Winston Duke got a pay increase.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    To me it's the same thing with Kamala Khan from what I hear. A lot of women in the Muslim faith wouldn't do or act the way she conducts herself.
    Funny her first writer and co-creator are of that faith.
    And I have seen women and girls act like Kamala.

I wonder did they enjoy Anwar (Dev Patel) on UK's SKin series.

But still he only had an estate of $2-3 million when he starred in a billion dollar film? Just how much was he paid for the first movie?!
    NOBODY expected that movie to make a billion.

Going into this Boseman had 4 box office bombs and 1 hit while praise for his work is all of them.

Remember he did NOT audition for this role. If you were serious about that movie....

Star Wars put John Boyega through mess to win that role. Despite the director wanting him.

Yet Chad didn't have to do that.

So his estate only having $2-3 million make sense. Marvel had low expectations only see Boseman make them eat those words while DYING.

Now this is why folks say OWN your own stuff and do more than ACT.

And these folks starred in a billion dollar Oscar winning movie. Yet how much work have most of the cast gotten since? That was NOT made by Michael B Jordan?

Meanwhile how many box office bomb folks KEEP getting work?

Greatphase
    @greatphase15
    As it stands. The series that will start to film next year outside of Armor Wars and Agatha if filming is bumped back are DareDevil, Midnight Angels (okoye), Nova and Wonder Man.

So its a Midnight Angels show...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Greatphase
    @greatphase15
    As it stands. The series that will start to film next year outside of Armor Wars and Agatha if filming is bumped back are DareDevil, Midnight Angels (okoye), Nova and Wonder Man.

So its a Midnight Angels show...
    Ugh. Well at least we won’t be subject to “no one man” since T’Challa is gone. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Not trying to disparage Ridley but is he not aware his comic is mid? Are the editors not aware it’s mid?