Page 64 of 955 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This all looks good. Seems like X of Swords is just gonna get ignored by the BP office until further notice lol. I wonder if Storm was waiting for T’Challa and if so, what reason he gave to meet up.

Or maybe he already told her about the assassins and his ulterior motives are something else entirely. Omolola does look kinda out of place so maybe Storm already knows the situation.

Liking the art for the second story a lot. Hopefully we get to see more of Bast and the other gods to see how T’Challa sorts out their issues.

So it seems Tosin’s tribe are a religious minority in Wakanda. But unlike the Jabari, who worship an entirely different god, these guys seem to believe in synergy with vibranium. That could make for some cool powers depending on where they go with it. Are we actually gonna see the return of vibranium mutates? Vibranium magic users?
    of course that mess was ignored lolol. it was contrived bull and I think anyone objectively reading that would know this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm mildy Interested in Tosin. I mean he said about Wakandans is somewhat true, though I wouldn't say they are greedy. Not in the sense that he is getting at. Which I hope becomes a point because I am sick of the negativity

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm mildy Interested in Tosin. I mean he said about Wakandans is somewhat true, though I wouldn't say they are greedy. Not in the sense that he is getting at. Which I hope becomes a point because I am sick of the negativity
    Yeah, I think it's just his tribes view on how they see people using vibranium.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bast is such a dick.

She lets Doom have his way.

No help against the Phoenix.

Gives T'Challa some lame KotD powers.

Doesn't protect Wakanda against Thanos and The Cabal.

Dumps Earth Wakanda for the IGEW.

Now comes stick her paw out for help.

She makes Crom look like a saint lol.

Yeah well Bast is a cat. They're known for being fickle

Astonishing Member

Okay, the background on Tosin ain't half bad. I still think the new Wakandan gov't wants him to be their version of Captain America.
    Possibly. Could definitely be a case of trying to co-opt a political force by bringing them into the fold. If Tosin spreads his beliefs to the Wakandan people maybe the parliament tries to install him as BP/Wakanda’s newest hero so they can control him even though they hate his politics.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantherKing View Post
    Yeah well Bast is a cat. They're known for being fickle
    You don't need a fickle god when your ass is getting kicked though.

And then turning it around asking for help.

Bast: Panther King, I need your help with a problem.

T'Challa: Hey Bast, we took a vote and decided to move on without you. We got that vibranium thing going on now and well...it's not working out between us anymore.

Bast: But I am your protector, you worship me!

T'Challa: Used to baby. Doom. Namor-Phoenix. Thanos. You even helped one of them. Like I said, we got that Vibranium thing now.

Bast: How dare you refuse to help me! You will pay fr your insolence!

T'Challa: Okoye! Aneka! Somebody get this damn cat out of here
    !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think he meant greedy in terms of eager to exploit vibranium, not money. Which is a fair criticism IMO. I could definitely see several factions of Wakandans thinking that working an exotic metal for society to function isn’t spiritually healthy. But you could just as easily make the argument that relying too much on nature isn’t the best either so maybe Ridley has that dialogue when T’Challa and Tosin meet up.

I think he meant greedy in terms of eager to exploit vibranium, not money. Which is a fair criticism IMO. I could definitely see several factions of Wakandans thinking that working an exotic metal for society to function isn’t spiritually healthy. But you could just as easily make the argument that relying too much on nature isn’t the best either so maybe Ridley has that dialogue when T’Challa and Tosin meet up.
    I want to know who is supplying the tech for Tosin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Possibly. Could definitely be a case of trying to co-opt a political force by bringing them into the fold. If Tosin spreads his beliefs to the Wakandan people maybe the parliament tries to install him as BP/Wakanda’s newest hero so they can control him even though they hate his politics.
    Funny enough, that scenario somewhat reminds me of how the U.S. government treats Captain America, insofar as they want him as the symbol of their nation, but they hate that he has a mind of his own and won't just toe the party line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I didn't mean money either. I don't see them as exploitative of vibranium, and they mix nature with tech. Again, I hope this is a misconception and they have a conversation. Again some of it is valid but not in the way he thinks

T'Challa: Hey Bast, we took a vote and decided to move on without you. We got that vibranium thing going on now and well...it's not working out between us anymore.

T'Challa: Used to baby. Doom. Namor-Phoenix. Thanos. You even helped one of them. Like I said, we got that Vibranium thing now.

!

Flex-esk lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    From against the movement to actually having her own choice for a recast. Lmao.
    Grace is a bandwagoner. Zero spine of her own. She dumped on the Snyder Cut movement until she realized she could grift them, at which point she did a total 180. Now she’s busy shilling the new plan for the DCEU which causes her fanbase a lot of anger for “betraying” them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I honestly can't stand her voice. It hurts my ears.
    Incredibly annoying to listen to, never gave her more than a few seconds of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Man that’s some great art. Really looking forward to the next issue!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With Marvel turning Shuri into her MCU counterpart and Timeless hinting at her replacing T'Challa, hopefully just for that one story, it looks like Tosin will be taking over the role as the mystic from Shuri.

Also like the collar on the habit in the Bast story.

!
    Don't forget how she abandoned Wakanda prime for IGEW then came back made when Erik stole her powers, then tried to blame it on T'Challa for sending the Wakandans into space.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With Marvel turning Shuri into her MCU counterpart and Timeless hinting at her replacing T'Challa, hopefully just for that one story, it looks like Tosin will be taking over the role as the mystic from Shuri.

Also like the collar on the habit in the Bast story.
    I really want Shuri to remain the Griot. That still has a lot of potential to be explored.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"