Page 60 of 955 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    ****. It's even worse than I thought. These MFers actually laugh when they hear thier creators complain about being jerked out of money.
    I'm not shocked. It's not editorial though, it's the corporate accountants. They literality have people sitting around figuring out ways to not pay people ( or institutions ). Even when folks have had contracts, DC/Marvel have tried to do shady stuff in order to not pay royalties on IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hailing from a village whose people shun the advanced technology for which Wakanda is otherwise known for, Tosin offers a new perspective on the nation’s present state and its future.
    Could be interesting but isn’t this basically M’baku & the Jabari’s motive? If he’s just anti-tech that’s boring, but I’ll give Ridley a chance.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Over the years writers have taken things from religion and languages and added it to the mythos. Coates used primarily used Yoruba and Hausa, the MCU made their native language Hausa after John Kani's suggestion even though it doesn't makes sense geographically...
    You mean Xhosa for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Could be interesting but isn’t this basically M’baku & the Jabari’s motive? If he’s just anti-tech that’s boring, but I’ll give Ridley a chance.
    Tosin: I don't believe in this fancy new found tech thing!

Also Tosin: Hit me up with that alchemy fam so I get these sweet lines on my body before I go to the Barbershop!

(yes, Im making lots of assumptions, better than worrying about the MCU lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Conflict is good and I'm not generally inclined to make a big deal about how the Wakandan react to stuff.

When DON'T they take issue with stuff? Had everyone forgot that
    they are canonically &$$holes, lol.

If the Wakandans were a person they would be the in law that keeps talking ish about you behind your back. Whether it's Monica Lynn or Gentle's Moms or the Queen of Wakanda herself, they can't mind thier own business when it comes to people's relationships.

But this is what good writers are SUPPOSED to do. Create interesting characters and situations that can be used going forward.

I'm just slightly surprised that Ridley's doing this at all only because IF Rosin ever makes it into the MCU he likely won't see a dime given how Disney/Marvel rolls on compensation for creatives.

There's a reason Marvel readers keep getting things like Spider Gwen and Darkhawk 2. Why create a new IP for Marvel when you know they are gonna £π¢¥ creators over on creator rights.

Now I know everything isn't always about money. But Ed Brubaker the dude who turned Bucky into The Winter Soldier really ain't happy. Roy Thomas the dude who created Vision isn't happy either. Jim Starlin (creator of Thanos) wasn't happy either but they put him in Endgame and he might have calmed down some.

But adding new characters that have beef with the hero is not a harbinger of doom. It's how you build a interesting supporting cast. Look at Batman's kid Damien. Or every other member of the Bat family who isn't Dick Grayson for that matter.

Boy, the Coates inspired PTSD around here is kinda hilarious at this point.
    Comic creation is so weird though. There is a TON of props given to the person that "created" the character even if the character completley changes by the time he is even popular.

I mean look at BP... Kirby "created" him right? But no one liked the dude until Priests adaptation. If I had to divy up money based on "creating" the character, id give priest a lot more than Kirby Estate.

Deadpool is similar... Liefeld 'created' him but the character we think of as deadpool is more Joe Kelly.

Just a weird rant on comic creators. It is just kinda odd, especially for huge companies like Marvel where a character is modified by every single writer and artist.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe he doesn't have the same problems with tech as his village does. Just don't make him a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe he doesn't have the same problems with tech as his village does. Just don't make him a mutant.
    Wish they just used vibraxas. He's got interesting powers, is young, and is at least slightly developed already.

Give that dude a redesign.

That's why I keep saying I dunno why these writers keep creating these new characters like they do. Some make sense to keep around: Okoye, Shuri, vibraxas, S'Yan, Hunter etc. But when the cast gets dropped for the "new exciting" OC that is Wakandas newest hero. When we have Soooo many characters collecting dust that can be used, it just doesn't make sense.

The only OC I would create would be named B'Barri and that would simply be to make backhand Barry the HZ canon. Maybe a OC villain to get murked by T'Challa as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's why I keep saying I dunno why these writers keep creating these new characters like they do. Some make sense to keep around: Okoye, Shuri, vibraxas, S'Yan, Hunter etc. But when the cast gets dropped for the "new exciting" OC that is Wakandas newest hero. When we have Soooo many characters collecting dust that can be used, it just doesn't make sense.

The only OC I would create would be named B'Barri and that would simply be to make backhand Barry the HZ canon. Maybe a OC villain to get murked by T'Challa as well
    If I was a billionaire, I would bribe whoever was writing BP at the time to put Barri and Garri tag team in canon lol

I know there are folks secretly seething that Jason Aaron is giving T'challa feats upon feats.

To them I say: THANK GOD XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Every writer does it though.

Priest created Doras, Hunter and Kasper Kole.
    Hudlin created Shuri and new Doras.
    Liss created Sofija.
    Maberry created Midnight Angels.
    Coates created a mess.

I agree that some of the older characters need to be brought back and revamped but nowadays, every writer wants to leave their own mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wish they just used vibraxas. He's got interesting powers, is young, and is at least slightly developed already.

Give that dude a redesign.
    Vibraxis, Tatu, Wakandan Science Team, etc. Lot's of characters to use and develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I know there are folks secretly seething that Jason Aaron is giving T'challa feats upon feats.

To them I say: THANK GOD XD
    T'Challa did something in Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa did something in Avengers?
    Not recently. Talking about the run in general. After 5 years of Coates and MCU misfortunes, I can pick up Avengers and know T'challa is gonna be kicking ass and written in character.

I know there are other readers mad about it and don't want to say it outright but for me; I'm eating

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Not recently. Talking about the run in general. After 5 years of Coates and MCU misfortunes, I can pick up Avengers and know T'challa is gonna be kicking ass and written in character.

I know there are other readers mad about it and don't want to say it outright but for me; I'm eating
    Aaron does get props for his T'Challa in Avengers despite a lot of people not like his run in general.

Plus when he does appear in other titles outside of an X-book, writers usually give him some pretty good feats.