Page 413 of 955 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    The latest issue of X-men Red was only a warm up as far as I am concerned. I believe the true test will be T'Challa's confrontation with Sam Wilson.
    I’d like to see them bring back the daggers and the kinetic feedback for the fight. It was Ridley’s poor decision to get rid of those. And it seems like, as others have alluded to, that these other writers are writing Ridley’s TChalla to an extent, in their own projects. But at least I didn’t cringe at TChalla’s X men Red appearance.

There is literally nothing positive with this character now.

Not a single lick of good news anywhere.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I have no idea what the X Office wants in regard to anything but we should always be aware that a part of the writer's job on these corporate properties is to do what the editors and execs dictate, regardless of what sense (or nonsense) the company wants. Sometimes our job is to make something dumb or out of character work the best we can.

Fans don't usually know (or care) about that but there's a lot going on backstage that is completely invisible to them and which factors HEAVILY into what you eventually see in the book. I always give the creatives the benefit of the doubt because we just don't know what THEY wanted/intended vs what the COMPANY said MUST happen.

Thanks on the HotN thing. it was fun, mostly. I quit acting over 20 years ago. I'm hoping my eventual epitaph won't even mention that part of my life.
    I have said it before that the primary BP editors need to be changed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm getting the impression that Marvel only wants to hire people who think T'challa is problematic and needs to be fixed. Coates's hypocrisy (taking ya'll's word on it) is just a manifestation of that, but otherwise is typical of the type of person they look for to write Black Panther these days.

If you say T'challa's problem is that he takes too many L's, I really believe they'd call security on you. Throw you out Jazz style.

What's funny here is that tye other writers using BP/ Tchalla in other books actually show him being very competent and badass.....so clearly these writers KNOW somethings not going right with the BP solo book

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Its doubly weird in BP case bc Coates doesnt even like america lol.

Bro is an outright critic of all things white suprenacy related and then... mimics it.

Just bizarre
    Agreed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

On a hopefully more positive note, did anybody (else) check out Spider-Man 2099: Exodus #3, since (the new) Black Panther 2099 was in it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is literally nothing positive with this character now.

Not a single lick of good news anywhere.
    Indeed we are in the dark days of BP fandom. We were in darkness for so long because he didn't have a Solo, now he does a d both so far have been absolute dogisht. They were tempered by his CW debut and solo, as well as BP Quest. Then like a rig ripped out from underneath our feet. We may very well see them bury MCU T'Challa under a false guise of honoring Chad, while simultaneously sideling T'Challa in his own franchise.

They acted like he was a big deal when Chad was alive in the MCU and now how quickly that changed because of the MCU... This sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Even when it was done "Right" Shuri just wasn't that well received. Shuri has nothing interesting about her that's different than T'Challa. Coates few good things was giving her a role that was unique. Magic. But since they retrofitted her to the quippy MCU Disney princess version that makes her taking the mantle make even LESS sense. Same goes for the MCU because she clearly isn't trained to rule, and any attempt to somehow montage her what to the throne I'd just insulting the intelligence of the fanbase. Plus Letitia isn't a strong enough actress to carry the movie
    I'm not a fan of her character, never have been. The MCU version especially annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    On a hopefully more positive note, did anybody (else) check out Spider-Man 2099: Exodus #3, since (the new) Black Panther 2099 was in it?
    With what little we got of him I thought that he was cool and if Marvel ever brings back the 2099 imprint I'd check his series out

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Coates basically stated as much from a historical perspective. He said in an interview that a highly advanced society would know that a Monarchy would not thrive which is why he wrote another rebellion in Wakanda. In his head, he could not make it work and dedicated that entire arc to a story to that end. SMH. So many writers do not get its fantasy and one of the challenges is to figure out a way to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Coates basically stated as much from a historical perspective. He said in an interview that a highly advanced society would know that a Monarchy would not thrive which is why he wrote another rebellion in Wakanda. In his head, he could not make it work and dedicated that entire arc to a story to that end. SMH. So many writers do not get its fantasy and one of the challenges is to figure out a way to make it work.
    What TNC said makes no sense.....he claims a monarchy wouldn't work in a highly advanced society yet therr are many such societies in fiction.

And he made NO EFFORT to explain why it wouldn't work.....he was just utterly biased and wrote BP book with complete comtempt against Tchalla.

Mighty Member

Thanks.... well received.

I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Indeed we are in the dark days of BP fandom. We were in darkness for so long because he didn't have a Solo, now he does a d both so far have been absolute dogisht. They were tempered by his CW debut and solo, as well as BP Quest. Then like a rig ripped out from underneath our feet. We may very well see them bury MCU T'Challa under a false guise of honoring Chad, while simultaneously sideling T'Challa in his own franchise.

They acted like he was a big deal when Chad was alive in the MCU and now how quickly that changed because of the MCU... This sucks
    Being a Black Panther fan is a state of constantly holding the monkeys paw.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Yeah his name is T'Shamba and so far he seems pretty cool.

Last edited by TrooperCameron; 06-30-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Smh horrible writing at best lol

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay just saying, anytime someone says they fight for the "true country" and what not, that almost never means anything good.

That is the strongest indication they are a zealot of some kind.