Page 415 of 955 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515915 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 14314

Is there any point in being a fan of this character anymore? It’s like Marvel is going out of their way to ruin him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Damn it’s sad how they’re doing tchalla like this. So no more black panther I’m confused. Tosin is just going to take over no more battles on who gets to become rule of wakanda.

Maybe tchalla will just stay in space and rule out there. X-men book said he was transitioning. Something not adding up.

I agree with letting him rule out in space, many people have suggested he do this. I think something is cooking for TChalla, a better role.

Ridley sucks though, he really thinks he’s doing something by trying to elevate a non captivating character like Tosin. You can have him shred as many HZ as you want, I’m not interested.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-30-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It’s not gonna work. People aren’t excited to read about Tosin.
    They briefly will if he’s the lead of a new #1. I don’t think Tosin’s getting the mantle in the immediate future, though he’s a likely candidate if/when Marvel kills T’Challa.

Marvel recently trademarked a Warriors of Wakanda title for comic books so we can expect a series with that name to come out at some point. I suspect that after this arc T’Chala leaves Wakanda on a semi-permanent basis and someone writes a Warriors of Wakanda title that focuses on the kingdom itself. Tosin, Shuri, and the Dora can get focus there while T’Challa is sidelined and does more globetrotting, cosmic team ups with characters like the Avengers and fake M’Baku.

Hey remember when this arc was about a spy network and who the hell was attacking the spies lol?

It literally seems like Ridley had that idea and editorial went "how bout this instead" and that was the reason for hte delay.

The plot completely jumped shipped out of hte blue
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey remember when this arc was about a spy network and who the hell was attacking the spies lol?

It literally seems like Ridley had that idea and editorial went "how bout this instead" and that was the reason for hte delay.

The plot completely jumped shipped out of hte blue
    The last time we saw the assassins was issue 3? And we still don't know who they work for or how they knew about the sleeper agents and there's only 2 issues left in this arc

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Is there any point in being a fan of this character anymore? It’s like Marvel is going out of their way to ruin him.
    No.

I mean, you can go with the "as soon as he gets away from Wakanda in the next arc it should be better!"

but then you realize Ridley can't get his voice right and can't get his powers right so... how exciting can it really be lol?

Every single arc we've deluded ourselves it would get better.

"His interviews are really off but stelfreeze art! cool loking villains, thsi could be ok!"

"Ok, we got the stupid democracy stuff over with, ad it is starting with more action, this story should be better! T'challa is fighting alien things!"

"Space! Acuna art! finally some good action art, this could be fun at least!"

"Spy network, new writer, we are gonna get some Priest like Panther!"

and now..

"ok he is away from Wakanda the parasite, we can get some globe trotting panther !"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You did call it. Granted it was so obvious as well, but sweet bast how ishtty can this writing be??? Kinda funny how Wakanda was a successful government monarch for 10k year's, they switch to a democracy and it's on the verge of collapse already...by the HZ.. remember when Wakanda was actually powerful?

Frak this stupid dialogue, it's so unnatural and not how Wakandans speak. Funny that Folasade is saying she is a good person when she immediately took executive power and was ordering T'Challas execution... What a mess

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

These chuckle fucks think they can pull a Jason Aaron Thor.

News Flash! For everything about Aaron's Thor, it at least started out good, the God Butcher Saga one of the most acclaimed stories of the last decade and the Gorr himself, among the most popular new characters in recent memory, where the title was largely well received for over 20 issues until Thor lost the hammer.

This Black Panther title is nowhere near as successful. The stories aren't as popular, the characters aren't as popular, nothing is, it's judt controversy and poor reception after controversy and poor reception.

I havn't even heard anything about these books selling out so the sales aren't even that good to justify it.

And all this because T'Challa ain't gonna be in the movies anymore. Talk about poor taste, to think they are actually say they are being respectful to Boseman, this entire thing is just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    At this point, they’ve done so much to marginalize the character in less than 12 issues it wouldn’t surprise me. Ridley’s put a lot of blame and stupidity on T’Challa so he may just have the character sacrifice himself in a future arc to atone for his actions. A piece of me wants to think Marvel won’t do that because of backlash to blatant synergy and the imagery of killing the first black hero after dragging his name through the mud. But frankly I’m not sure T’Challa’s that high value a property for them to care. And if the MCU really is gonna commit to a decade without T’Challa the comics might just take the short term hit and do something similar to completely focus on side characters.
    Yeah... The problem here is none of these characters are capable of holding a Solo. ESPECIALLY these OCs. All of them are utter dogisht. Like they have no motivation, no personality, no agency other than "Rah rah T'Challa sucks" and yet... Their actions te just as nonsensical or worse than T'Challas supposed flaws.

Unfortunately this hack done has been going on for 6 years. And it's coming to a head. I don't honestly think T'Challa is going to die because we have this space Arc coming with the Avengers. O hope he just tells Wakanda to Frak off and the place burns down to the ground. This whole things is frakking stupid and they are ruining the franchise by throwing WGAF characters into the mix who literally offer nothing and ARE nothing but mouthpieces for the writers

I really hope it is coming to a head. Because how can you say you’re doing it out of respect for Chadwick when you’re treating the character he portrayed and knew the importance of like complete and utter dogshit. With the comics being trash, the calls for a recast growing by the day and the recent news of what’s going on with his estate, I hope this blatant exploitation of Chadwick’s death blows up in their faces and blows up HARD.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I haven't seen the What If episode or follow the "GotG", but maybe they're setting T'Challa up for a stint there in the comics. Just a theory of the hip.

On a side note, anyone here miss the original GotG?
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 06-30-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

The whole thing needs to be burned down. They squandered BP at the height of his popularity by giving Coates 5 years during it, they then remove him from the MCU and hire Ridley to ruin whatever is left. Editorial needs to change and snakes like Nate Moore need to be kept away.

I ask myself the same question with a lot of different characters.

There’s no point being a fan of this character. Not one positive thing in sight.

I really hope it is coming to a head. Because how can you say you’re doing it out of respect for Chadwick when you’re treating the character he portrayed and knew the importance of like complete and utter dogshit. With the comics being trash, the calls for a recast growing by the day and the recent news of what’s going on with his estate, I hope this blatant exploitation of Chadwick’s death blows up in their faces and blows up HARD.
    This shouldn't even be a thing we have to worry about. They are literally using Chad's passing as an excuse to remove the character from all mediums, while proclaiming Chad's portray transcended all other mediums of the character, which just ain't true. Chad did a phenomenal job, however, his version is far from the best. He was hamstrung and wasn't able to really bring out the T'Challa everyone, him included, wanted to see on the big screen