Page 855 of 955 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856857858859865905 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I am starting to think you are Xpac reborn....

What?

T'Challa was ready to kill Klaue.

And ole boy tried to make him seem too noble in the sequel even tho T'Challa was ready for that action when needed.

T'Challa ducked no fades and if he felt killing was necessary he did that.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-24-2022 at 08:14 AM.

I don't think being willing to kill your enemy means you aren't noble. Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I don't think being willing to kill your enemy means you aren't noble. Context matters.
    Oh for sure. I just brought up the movie's logic or at least that character's logic in trying to criticize T'Challa. Remember he said he was "too" noble.
    Edit: That comment might not be for me.

My response to MoS was co-signing that MCU T'Challa wasnt the tropey "Noble Negro" either.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    noble =/= too noble

noble = fine

too noble = letting your enemies who kill your family live for reasons aka noble negro trope.

CW BP was really on that line with letting Zemo live... Coogler made it work by mentioning he was given to Ross to keep T'challa's secret but it was getting dangerously close to being a trope.

BP T'challa did what was necessary without hesitation while keeping his nobility/caring/heroic aspects. He had no problem murking those terrorist, he was goign to kill M'baku if he didn't yeild, had no problem murking Klaue's men, was going to kill Klaue in the street, kicked traitor W'kabi across the universe, and straight up gutted Killmonger.

IF T'challa was in BP2 like he should have been and it ended the same way it did... I would have been pissed. That is full on noble negro trope BS.

But since it was shuri, idgaf lol.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-24-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Remember in the Korvac Saga when T'Challa was too noble to put hands on a woman? Am I remembering that right ?

noble =/= too noble

noble = fine

too noble = letting your enemies who kill your family live for reasons aka noble negro trope.

CW BP was really on that line with letting Zemo live... Coogler made it work by mentioning he was given to Ross to keep T'challa's secret but it was getting dangerously close to being a trope.

BP T'challa did what was necessary without hesitation while keeping his nobility/caring/heroic aspects. He had no problem murking those terrorist, he was goign to kill M'baku if he didn't yeild, had no problem murking Klaue's men, was going to kill Klaue in the street, kicked traitor W'kabi across the universe, and straight up gutted Killmonger.

IF T'challa was in BP2 like he should have been and it ended the same way it did... I would have been pissed. That is full on noble negro trope BS.

Well that depends....If Namor killed ......... while T'Challa was alive I'd agree. However, with Shuri I can see her moving past it cause that forced her into that spot and she's looking out for her people. She lacks the experience and is just trying put this all to an end.

Now idk the original script so Im curious how they would have resolved it. Maybe if T'Challa alive they really might have used Doom as the 3rd party they discover is behind it all.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-24-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember in the Korvac Saga when T'Challa was too noble to put hands on a woman? Am I remembering that right ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am starting to think you are Xpac reborn....
    Or Coates CBR account lol

I don't think T'Challa was that badly written in classic Avengers stuff, but this was pretty bad.

noble =/= too noble

noble = fine

I personally always find it odd when people say CW T'Challa was his best portrayal, and they ONLY base it on the fact that he had "agency" and was in terminator mode...

While forgetting that he actually did VERY LITTLE. He was the only one trying to actually kill in the whole movie, and granted he was stopped from killing Bucky at the last second every time, he actually NEVER accomplished anything...

Got put in a headlock by frakking Clint, was shocked and stopped by Widow, and went almost Noble negro. I would actually say he did simply by the fact that Zemo is alive and living his best life and T'Challa is gone now...

In BP T'Challa bodied EVERYONE. without hesitation, without mercy, Klaue only survived because people were recording hom and it would of looked bad to see a superpowered being straight up murder a dude (though he did just murder his mooks so maybe it would of been whatever).

Had M'Baku tried to yield 19 sec later T'Challa would have broke his neck. He killed his cousin without hesitation the second time after completely outclassing him the entire fight. His legit issues were not having the agency of it being his idea to Open Wakanda, and his intelligence. His actual capabilities and competence isn't in question at all.

Had those two things been highlighted (and they should have as it would have been easy to do) it wouldn't be a question at all which version is the best It's still BP 1 version
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-24-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Or Coates CBR account lol

Spectacular Member

MCU T'challa was soft. He only killed Killmonger because Killmonger said to let him die, or T'challa would have saved him. Killmonger beat him one on one too. T'challa did own Bucky EASILY, but sadly they made T'challa lose to Cap when in the comics he owned him.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    MCU T'challa was soft. He only killed Killmonger because Killmonger said to let him die, or T'challa would have saved him. Killmonger beat him one on one too. T'challa did own Bucky EASILY, but sadly they made T'challa lose to Cap when in the comics he owned him.
    I mean, he basically did kill Killmonger but wanted to give him a chance knowing what he'd been through, but he still had the guts to be able to take him out.

Killmonger only beat him one on one because T'Challa was off his game.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Only the first time cause of surprise.

Afterwards T'Challa stomped his ass.

Don't engage, if you ignore them, they will leave as they have nothing to contribute other than trying to get people riled up with their false facts.