Page 881 of 955 FirstFirst ... 381781831871877878879880881882883884885891931 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,215 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Also, the Priest Omnibus hits general retailers tomorrow, so get your orders in.

Link to a decent ordering site?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It's unavoidable. We had to change the name of the thread and actually put t'challa in it rather than just black panther after Ryan coogler's first movie when an influx of fans started coming in saying it was just a mantle
    Did that actually happen?

Thats weird. I mean Moon Knight is technically a mantle too but you don't see an outcrop of people asking for Marc Spector to be replaced or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Did that actually happen?

Thats weird. I mean Moon Knight is technically a mantle too but you don't see an outcrop of people asking for Marc Spector to be replaced or something.
    This Thread chain used to just be called the Black Panther (insert catchy phrase) appreciation thread because as most comic book fans know black panther is synonymous with T'Challa.

Ryan made his representation movie and casuals came outta the woodworks to tell us about the IP. So now T'Challa is in the title so ppl aren't confused.

This Thread chain used to just be called the Black Panther (insert catchy phrase) appreciation thread because as most comic book fans know black panther is synonymous with T'Challa.

Ryan made his representation movie and casuals came outta the woodworks to tell us about the IP. So now T'Challa is in the title so ppl aren't confused.
    I'm still confused.

Is a decently large supporting cast all it takes for people to be confused over who the hero is?

Like if they made a Superman movie that involves more of the Daily Planet cast, will there be people saying Steve Lombard and Cat Grant should be Superman/Superwoman?

https://twitter.com/dontcallmecorn/s...Y9remBswvt8sMQ

FjEeJ9VXEAALBLw.jpg

Don't know if this was posted here or not.
    Any iconic looks missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm still confused.

Is a decently large supporting cast all it takes for people to be confused over who the hero is?

Like if they made a Superman movie that involves more of the Daily Planet cast, will there be people saying Steve Lombard and Cat Grant should be Superman/Superwoman?

It's very confusing so I understand LOL

The first movie created sort of a power struggle for control of the new popular black "thing".
    Killmonger was right and should rule fans flew in.
    The women were the stars and Shuri created Wakandan fans

Was a bittersweet time since I enjoyed the movie

https://twitter.com/dontcallmecorn/s...Y9remBswvt8sMQ

FjEeJ9VXEAALBLw.jpg

Don't know if this was posted here or not.
    Any iconic looks missing?
    I guess not “iconic” but his design in SWAD and Ultimates. T’Challa really needs more flare in his designs again. It can’t be that hard to throw on more silver or gold accents again. The shadow with eyes wit the occasional necklace is dull.

Link to a decent ordering site?
    I'm just ordering it from Eso Won as they'll ship it to me. But Barnes & Noble also have it as does real world Luthor Corp.

Link for Eso Won:
    https://www.esowonbookstore.com/book/9781302945015

Link for Barnes & Noble:
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bla...=9781302945015
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 12-05-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Glad the Priest run is getting the omnibus release

I actually have the first 2 collection editions of the Priest. Volumes 3 and 4 are out of stock so I'm waiting for the 2nd omnibus to read the rest of that run

Damn I might as well go ahead and get that Priest Omnibus. I wouldn’t feel like a fan if I didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Damn I might as well go ahead and get that Priest Omnibus. I wouldn’t feel like a fan if I didn’t.

I just bought it. Money talks and maybe this will sell enough to get so.e type of corporate attention
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-05-2022 at 07:00 PM.

I just bought it. Money talks and maybe this will sell enough to corporate attention

Yeah I’m gettin it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

And while the figures aren't by some ridiculous standard, the "greatest", there's no way they could ever say that Black and Minority led films cannot/will not sell.
    Generally they love to us China as the reason that those films don't sell.

Because most of our films do not show there.
    Yet when we look at most of our films-they don't need China.

The majority of our movies break even or make SOME type of profit.

Take Kevin Hart-He has ONE flop (and he was not the main lead) under his belt since 2007. Every other movie he has been in has been a HIT or broke even.
    Central Intelligence is the only film starring the Rock to NOT show in China mainly due to Kevin Hart being the other lead. Movie almost by $90 million overseas.

Now take Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler and a few others-they would have box office flops if China and overseas were excluded. Sandler's Pixels made more overseas.

They can keep saying our films can't sell but we have way fewer flops than others. Even White Chicks made a profit.

Nothing will change corporates direction other than a change in editor or whoever is in charge. They’re don’t care that the only people that like the current BP book are literary types on twitter that get a hard on for deconstruction. They look at the omnibus sales and pocket the extra change than continue their middling wakanda expansion

And t’challa’s suit does need an update but it reflects his current comic status quo perfectly "easy to improve if someone who cared was actually allowed to"