Page 65 of 955 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really want Shuri to remain the Griot. That still has a lot of potential to be explored.
    I do to but unfortunately writers and Marvel in general barely bothered with her character before 2018 and ever since the movie dropped except for Coates, she's been written and modeled after movie Shuri. I think the only griot powers writers bothered with even outside of BP books is turning into flock of birds. Ridley seems to be doing the same. Although I'd prefer T'Challa taking Tosin under his wing, I wouldn't be too opposed to Shuri becoming a mentor to him as well if it means they focus on magic while T'Challa teaches him to be a hero.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm not feeling this Batman movie. It's like they want Goth Batman. And these 3 hr movies are getting ridiculous. It's not going to be 3 hours of ass-kicking, more like 45 mins of feats and a lot of talky-talk.

That isht gets boring after a while.
    I don't mind Goth Batman, but I totally agree about the length of these movies recently. It's like what happened in comics a decade ago. We're getting 90 minutes of plot padded out to 2 and a half hours.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    From against the movement to actually having her own choice for a recast. Lmao.
    Cant lie. Abubakar Salim would be a great choice.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I believe its possible because Coogler thought of doing Godfather II style if he directed Creed II.
    https://www.phillyvoice.com/sylveste...-godfather-ii/

Hopefully its BS. Hopefully.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 01-22-2022 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Cant lie. Abubakar Salim would be a great choice.
    for who?!?!?!?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I believe its possible because Coogler thought of doing Godfather II style if he directed Creed II.
    https://www.phillyvoice.com/sylveste...-godfather-ii/

Hopefully its BS. Hopefully.
    You would sleep a lot better at night if you’d quit being concerned over every rumor about this movie. Lol. Unless they think of a way to bring T’Challa back, just ignore it.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 01-22-2022 at 03:00 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for who?!?!?!?
    Hahaha! My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I do to but unfortunately writers and Marvel in general barely bothered with her character before 2018 and ever since the movie dropped except for Coates, she's been written and modeled after movie Shuri. I think the only griot powers writers bothered with even outside of BP books is turning into flock of birds. Ridley seems to be doing the same. Although I'd prefer T'Challa taking Tosin under his wing, I wouldn't be too opposed to Shuri becoming a mentor to him as well if it means they focus on magic while T'Challa teaches him to be a hero.
    Honestly, I preferred Shuri before the MCU. A more brutal version. I wouldn't have a problem with her being a super genius but movies can NEVER have two geniuses
    One always gets propped over the other and that's what they did to T'Challa so I would rather that not be the case. They should go the RJ KiB route

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, I preferred Shuri before the MCU. A more brutal version. I wouldn't have a problem with her being a super genius but movies can NEVER have two geniuses
    One always gets propped over the other and that's what they did to T'Challa so I would rather that not be the case. They should go the RJ KiB route
    Yep we can have multiple white geniuses but with Black ones there can only be one or the other. Now doesn’t this go against Chadwick’s belief of how there should be more than one Black person in a space?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

So Shuri and Tosin can be the magic couple while T’Challa and a potential new LI will be the science couple.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Yep we can have multiple white geniuses but with Black ones there can only be one or the other. Now doesn’t this go against Chadwick’s belief of how there should be more than one Black person in a space?
    No, because I am not saying Shuri can't be a super genius, I am saying that there needs to be a distinction between T'Challa and Shuris super genius. It literally makes zero sense all the stuff Shuri got credit for in BP. ESPECIALLY the mining thing that's his feat in the Comics and it's ripped to give to Shuri. Which again doesn't even make sense

Hmmm...??? Let's see. Black Panther and Tosin! It's a lil too obvious that Ridley writing is all running together on him.

Batman and Robin
    Black Panther and Tosin....lol! Tell me I'm crazy.

So Shuri and Tosin can be the magic couple while T’Challa and a potential new LI will be the science couple.
    That'd depend on how old Tosin is supposed to be. Is he a teen or an adult? The article described him as a youth so I'm guessing a teenager. Shuri is at least in her late 20s or early 30s since Rise, Legends, and other material established Shuri as being a kid few years younger than T'Challa when T'Chaka died.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmm...??? Let's see. Black Panther and Tosin! It's a lil too obvious that Ridley writing is all running together on him.

Batman and Robin
    Black Panther and Tosin....lol! Tell me I'm crazy.
    Let’s go further
    T’Challa: Batman
    Shuri/Griot: Nightwing
    Tosin: Robin (probably Tim)
    A revived Preyy that switches sides: Ace
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

That'd depend on how old Tosin is supposed to be. Is he a teen or an adult? The article described him as a youth so I'm guessing a teenager. Shuri is at least in her late 20s or early 30s since Rise, Legends, and other material established Shuri as being a kid few years younger than T'Challa when T'Chaka died.
    Oh **** you’re right. I just think Shuri can do a lot better than Eden. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda