Page 309 of 955 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You know how they do lol just make the suits more powerful than they are in the comics. And Killmonger had the benefit of being the best warrior in the kingdom outside T’Challa himself. If the Dora’s Midnight Angel armor lets them tank hits from Namor while keeping up with his movements, 5 of them should be enough to distract him for a few seconds for Shuri to blast him with whatever device her/Riri make.

That said, Namor most likely getting nerfed like most characters in the MCU are. The difference might be more drastic than folks are used to. And you do make a point about Namor beating on women lmao But Killmonger shot his girlfriend and killed one with his sword so it’s possible they find a workaround for Namor. I’m sure the trident won’t just be for show if they really do wanna show him brutalizing Wakandan forces. I’m not even sure it gets to that point tho.
    Yeah another problem then is if these midnight angels were so powerful why didn't they just make this the standard for Wakanda? Doing that leads to the slippery slope of completely shattering the uniqueness of what made Wakanda so great. They are a warrior nation of exceptional humans with the best of the best standing head and shoulders above as their leader and protector. Also doing that and making it that a non Wakandan (one with western views) was needed to take Wakanda to the next level, AGAIN does nothing but diminish Wakanda further by making the uncolonized nation rely on western influence to be great

Ultimate Member

MCU power scaling has been quite wonky.

We already saw Captain America fight Iron Man without any prep. Yes, they were double teaming Iron Man but Cap was giving it to Tony before he scanned his fight pattern.

It’s going to be Shuri using the suit of the “Bleck Panthaa” plus Riri or some Dora Milaje teaming up against Namor. It’s going to be a tragic **** show but I’ve resigned myself to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

We already saw Captain America fight Iron Man without any prep. Yes, they were double teaming Iron Man but Cap was giving it to Tony before he scanned his fight pattern.

It’s going to be Shuri using the suit of the “Bleck Panthaa” plus Riri or some Dora Milaje teaming up against Namor. It’s going to be a tragic **** show but I’ve resigned myself to this.
    That sounds about right. I expect it to be MOSTLY Ironheart, though, with assists from Shuri in some sort of BP suit. I think the idea, whether they say it outright or not, is to use WF as a launchpad for everyone else.

Then they essentially turn it into "vibranium man/woman" of Shuri makes it, which completely takes away the uniqueness of Wakanda in favor of a IM knock off/ copying Riri. They are in a bad situation no matter how they spin it, all because "wAkAnDa WaS aLwAyS tHe MaIn ChArAcTeR" nonsense they were talking instead of delaying production for a needed grief time and to recast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on any Captain America 4 news...I have a theory she'll be in it and in the end Sam will give up the mantle to her. I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am, but...kinda seems par for the course at this point.

Ah and what about El Muerto! All 5 of his fans will be happy to see him on the big screen soon!
    Nah, MAC has a pretty solid connection to the Young Avengers. And a fair number of them have shown up recently.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    She looks like a Mature Shuri here
    She'll be 29 when the movie comes out. Although she's just 18/19 in the MCU.

MoS lol. A NINETEEN YEAR OLD is going to beat Namor.

T'Challa was in his mid to late 30s and had 30+ years of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    After they’ve robbed T’Challa of all his traits, they’ll point to shuri and say "look! She can do things so much better than him"

They’re already doing this but just imagine it x100
    Shuri is going to have more feats, more accomplishments and seen as a more complete character than T'Challa at Nineteen. That is just crazy to me.

Namor needs a "Martha" moment for it to make sense. He's kicking Shuri and everybody ass, but suddenly has a change of heart, lol.

Eh... his suit was damaged in a confined space and he didnt want to hurt cap

IM had them both on the ground beaten
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Had Iron Man been actually fighting to kill, he would have offed them both.

MCU power scaling was mostly fine up until very recently. At this point however, there are probably around 30 or so characters in the MCU.

Even if there was a master document with strength benchmarks with say Coulson on the bottom and Hulk on the top with all various characters referenced in it, none of the creatives for any of Disney/Marvel's various productions are gonna even look at it.

Too busy/Not interested.

Dude who leaked the Namor photo

- Namor is a true alpha male
    - He does things that will shock a lot of people
    - There's some really great things planned in the movie
    - However, its a damn shame you dont have alpha male T'Challa to counter Namor (match his energy)
    - The movie is what it is...
    - Said, that without trying to spoil, there MAY BE something in the film that opens the door for a T'Challa returning. Whether they do it or not you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

- However, its a damn shame you dont have alpha male T'Challa to counter Namor (match his energy)
    - Said, that without trying to spoil, there MAY BE something in the film that opens the door for a T'Challa returning. Whether they do it or not you just never know.

Is this person usually accurate?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So apparently Namor is going to be asking Wakada for help with his subcity called Tlālōcān based on a mythic city
    is described in several Aztec codices as a paradise, ruled over by the rain deity Tlāloc and his consort Chalchiuhtlicue. It absorbed those who died through drowning or lightning, or as a consequence of diseases associated with the rain deity. Tlālōcān has also been recognized in certain wall paintings of the much earlier Teotihuacan culture. Among modern Nahua-speaking peoples of the Gulf Coast, Tlālōcān survives as an all-encompassing concept embracing the subterranean world and its denizens
    but he's supposed to be blessed by a jaguar God, might be a fight between the two god types.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So apparently Namor is going to be asking Wakada for help with his subcity called Tlālōcān based on a mythic city but he's supposed to be blessed by a jaguar God, might be a fight between the two god types.
    Coulda told this same type of story by... keeping it in Wakanda with other tribes.

Even if T'challa was still in this movie, this plot would probably piss me off.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I'm calling it now Dr Doom will be introduced during This film..

If all the other rumors are true Not having Tchalla in this Film is really upsetting me..

Tbh I think the overall film Will look beautiful and have a better plot but not having TCHALLA just sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I mean at this point who cares? They already made their choice, they gutted the male cast, over stacked the female cast, completely wrote themselves into a corner in and out of universe, completely ruined whatever "Legacy" Chad could of left behinds l of they kill his T'Challa, are going to make T'Challa and/or Namor look like trash by having Shuri take down Namor.

There should of never been a MAYBE T'Challa returns, they should of either Recast, or if it were too painful (understandable) or lack of time (less so) then they DON'T kill him, avoid his fate completely and say he is away or have him sent through a wormhole and reveal his return in a end credit.

All their current problems are of their own making and could of been avoided if they WAITED. BP 2 wasn't even done with it's script even when Chad passed.

People Keep saying they trust Ryan, or whatever, but I have YET to see any more go through this much production hell and come out good. Other films have failed with HALF the issues BP is running into, and I most definitely have never EVER see a sequel succeed by making the death of the IRL actor who plays the lead a plot point.

Frak. That. Noise.