Page 417 of 955 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 14314

Just a reminder that Kevin doesn't control the trailers anymore. He was bitter about that with the recent movies.

So the marketing folks are in charge of the trailer.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Since #1 I predicted something like this would happen. If Ridley intends on having Tosin replace the Black Panther's role as the protector of Wakanda then T'Challa really has no reason to stay in Wakanda anymore. The monarchy been abolished and Tosin looks to be taking over the protector role. The last 6 years killed my interest in Wakanda. Let him rule the empire and give us the cosmic that we should've gotten or send him on a globe trotting adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    There’s no point being a fan of this character. Not one positive thing in sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really hope it is coming to a head. Because how can you say you’re doing it out of respect for Chadwick when you’re treating the character he portrayed and knew the importance of like complete and utter dogshit. With the comics being trash, the calls for a recast growing by the day and the recent news of what’s going on with his estate, I hope this blatant exploitation of Chadwick’s death blows up in their faces and blows up HARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    These chuckle fucks think they can pull a Jason Aaron Thor.

News Flash! For everything about Aaron's Thor, it at least started out good, the God Butcher Saga one of the most acclaimed stories of the last decade and the Gorr himself, among the most popular new characters in recent memory, where the title was largely well received for over 20 issues until Thor lost the hammer.

This Black Panther title is nowhere near as successful. The stories aren't as popular, the characters aren't as popular, nothing is, it's judt controversy and poor reception after controversy and poor reception.

I havn't even heard anything about these books selling out so the sales aren't even that good to justify it.

And all this because T'Challa ain't gonna be in the movies anymore. Talk about poor taste, to think they are actually say they are being respectful to Boseman, this entire thing is just gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You did call it. Granted it was so obvious as well, but sweet bast how ishtty can this writing be??? Kinda funny how Wakanda was a successful government monarch for 10k year's, they switch to a democracy and it's on the verge of collapse already...by the HZ.. remember when Wakanda was actually powerful?

Frak this stupid dialogue, it's so unnatural and not how Wakandans speak. Funny that Folasade is saying she is a good person when she immediately took executive power and was ordering T'Challas execution... What a mess
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No.

I mean, you can go with the "as soon as he gets away from Wakanda in the next arc it should be better!"

but then you realize Ridley can't get his voice right and can't get his powers right so... how exciting can it really be lol?

Every single arc we've deluded ourselves it would get better.

"His interviews are really off but stelfreeze art! cool loking villains, thsi could be ok!"

"Ok, we got the stupid democracy stuff over with, ad it is starting with more action, this story should be better! T'challa is fighting alien things!"

"Space! Acuna art! finally some good action art, this could be fun at least!"

"Spy network, new writer, we are gonna get some Priest like Panther!"

and now..

"ok he is away from Wakanda the parasite, we can get some globe trotting panther !"

I truly can't express the anguish i feel... literally tears in my eyes due to how abused and ruined Marvel has made Tchalla.

I agree with all the above quoted posts.

At times like this, i miss MajestiK and SilverZeal.....they both called it and predicted all this lole 6 years ago literally from the interviews of TNC/ Coates before the first issue dropped

U would have hoped that Marvel continued to allow Tchalla to stay on the Avengers where OG Tchalla fans can have some reprieve seeing Tchalla written right and proper.

I beg and hope that Marvel is setting up Tchalla to explore being Emperor of the IEW and alien civilizations and cosmic characters like silver surfer.

The IEW can be 'Italy' were Wakanda prime is the 'Vatican'.

If not...my goodness...i just don't know because oh man (expletive) (expletive) (expletive).

My God is there an incredible awkwardness that the writers who are portraying T'Challa as the worst thing are largely black.

And that a lot of the writers who have portrayed him as largely capable with his strong traits are white.

Of course not all, as I recall Redjack wrote a stellar issue in King in Black: Black Panther. But it's weird guys like Jason Aaron in Avengers and AL Ewing in his Ultimates run back then back then actually have T'Challa as an intelligent badass.

Like remember Ultimates? T'Challa conquering and commanding the tiger spirit to teleport past Earth and into space to help his friends. And when that Inhuman shredded his suit, T'Challa just kept on fighting like nothing happened. Now that's a badass.
    I actually do find that both funny and sad that black men are the ones destroying 616 T'Challa. lol. I don't know if they're under severe pressure to appease everyone that they end up pleasing no one lol. My post was more aimed at the Black Panther movie franchise since far more people watch movies than read comics.

I remember trying to really like Black Panther and struggling to get through Priest's run...but when I read Reginald Hudlin's I was hooked!

Thinking about it, yeah I can't think of many games that take place in an African setting.

I mean sure there was that DLC in Avengers but that's a really half measure. They are not gonna make a Black Panther game on the same scale as the Insomniac Spider-Man gamn Arkham series, or even like the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

It's a damn shame.
    The African lore is still left largely untouched. A competent and talented independent creator could bring a lot of new content to America based off of it.

I still say a console video game is T’Challas last hope since that’s the one medium that’s seemingly free of the MCU’s influence. I say console because those mobile games are just advertisements for the films. Lol. Set it in the same world as insomniacs Spider-Man for good measure.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I totally agree with the subverted white supremacist insecurity elements of muting A T'Challa, my question though is how they can leave all that money on the table when they saw how well The first Black Panther performed. Logic says that if I can make millions off of my worst enemy, I'm gonna be nice with all that cash. With the comics I can still see why they won't invest better writer, for better outcomes and bottom line. It won't net them the crazy millions from even a successful BP comic. For other media it stands to reason for the cost of a typical movie or show they're going to give the people everything they want.
    Sometimes EGOS come into play. Along with that NASTY slap of REALITY.

Think about you are DC or Marvel-you got Batman, Peter Parker, Superman, WW, Hal, Barry, X-Men and so on.
    You have SHOVED these folks down everyone man, woman and child's throats for over 70+ years. No matter how good to mediocre to down right HORRIBLE to offensive.
    You gave them every A lister known to man and tons of promotion.

The bruised EGO is these characters given so LITTLE have produced in return so much.

If they invest in Black Panther and it vindicates McDuffie and so many others. Who have fought for these characters.

Now if they are willing to throw away money by burying Black Panther-sooner than LATER Disney is going to see through that and house clean.

Disney is about MONEY. They do NOT care who brings it.

I’m sorry but I don’t see BP ever getting a solo game and even if he did, Evan narcisse would probably be involved

Ultimate Member

Thinking about it, yeah I can't think of many games that take place in an African setting.
    Ducktales had a section that took place in Africa.

According to Wikipedia (I know) 140 games had take place in Africa and the most are Disney or Marvel games.

I know Command & Conquer 3 mentions Africa.

My God is there an incredible awkwardness that the writers who are portraying T'Challa as the worst thing are largely black.

And that a lot of the writers who have portrayed him as largely capable with his strong traits are white.
    That tends to happen depending on the writers.

Most white writers will write the black person as a person.

While some black writers are DETERMINE to prove the blackness of the character. Along with some social commentary.

Most writers understand who they are writing for.

I would say Al Ewing and Jason Aaron understand they are selling EVERYONE in those books to the entire public. You don't know who Marvel will invest in and thus you do your best to tell a respectable story.

Look at how Duke Thomas and Cyborg were in flagship books. Thus making it harder to sell them to the public. They were poorly done in Batman and Justice League comics yet tv show wise (for Cyborg) it's a different story. Same with John Stewart.
    Yet they struggled to get shots as leads in books. Because your comic book writers did horrible jobs selling them to the readers.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

**** back to Toshin for a sec, he's basically the equivalent to being born in a hippie commune

He's from a secluded isolated tribe of Wakandans who disown the advanced technology of the country and look down on the rest of the Wakandans for "having lost their way" and being corrupt. They think of themselves as the "true Wakandans" especially Toshin as he states that he fights for the "true Wakanda".

Oh my God why is every Wakandan written as a smug nationalist? Why can't we ever have anyone who's actually chill and thinks about other stuff?

**** back to Toshin for a sec, he's basically the equivalent to being born in a hippie commune

He's from a secluded isolated tribe of Wakandans who disown the advanced technology of the country and look down on the rest of the Wakandans for "having lost their way" and being corrupt. They think of themselves as the "true Wakandans" especially Toshin as he states that he fights for the "true Wakanda".

Oh my God why is every Wakandan written as a smug nationalist? Why can't we ever have anyone who's actually chill and thinks about other stuff?
    Epic post!!!!! Hahaha

From “no one man” to Wakandan Jaden Smith. This franchise is cursed bro.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Actually wait a minute, I just got told Toshin's village thing sounds kinda like the Jabari.

How true is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I truly can't express the anguish i feel... literally tears in my eyes due to how abused and ruined Marvel has made Tchalla.

I agree with all the above quoted posts.

At times like this, i miss MajestiK and SilverZeal.....they both called it and predicted all this lole 6 years ago literally from the interviews of TNC/ Coates before the first issue dropped

U would have hoped that Marvel continued to allow Tchalla to stay on the Avengers where OG Tchalla fans can have some reprieve seeing Tchalla written right and proper.

I beg and hope that Marvel is setting up Tchalla to explore being Emperor of the IEW and alien civilizations and cosmic characters like silver surfer.

The IEW can be 'Italy' were Wakanda prime is the 'Vatican'.

If not...my goodness...i just don't know because oh man (expletive) (expletive) (expletive).
    That wild part in all of this is the fact that most literally are BEGGING for the character to just be what he's designed to be...a HERO...???? It feels like they let the people who handled Finn for Disney are the curators for all things Black Panther!

this is why calls for me to take over the book are misguided.

there's no way I would accept to continue with any of this stuff and no way that I see Marvel deviating from the chosen course.

things happen but... y'know...

it might be better to just do my own.

Actually wait a minute, I just got told Toshin's village thing sounds kinda like the Jabari.

How true is that?
    They're basically the hipster Jabari