Page 68 of 955 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 14314

Gillis’s story was clean, tracked well and Cowan’s art leaped off the shelf. The only thing I’d change would be to rename, re-outfit and update the ‘Supremacists’.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantherKing View Post
    This should be interesting. I'd like to see more of T'challa interacting with Bast and the Wakandan pantheon. Wakandans have ways to reach the realm of their gods and it's never been used to an advantage? That's ridiculous. I wouldn't like it to be used all the time but once in a while I'd like to see T'challa just ringing up Bast to poof a problem away.

Maybe have him call Bast to resolve an issue that though important, is not his premier concern. It would be a great way to show off how powerful T'challa is, in that he has nigh unlimited resources.

There's also that whole Arrako being the new capital of the sol system. That doesn't seem right with me because as of the last Black Panther series, T'challa is now Emperor of the IGEW which has been incorporated under earth Wakandan leadership. We know this because at the end of that series you can see non human Wakandans from the IGEW in Birnin-Zana. I suppose this makes earth Wakanda the capital of the IGEW, which makes it all the more weird that Wakanda is allowing mutants to claim sovereignty over it when they're the more powerful nation.
    Even discounting how T'challa would feel about it personally because he's in a relationship with Storm, who's Arrako's regent, it's made clear that the Wakandan parliament has more political power than him (for now anyways). Wakandans have been shown to be snarky and extremely bigoted against people they don't consider Wakandan and (im assuming here) the parliament is elected so the MP's are beholden to public opinion. The Wakandans i know would not allow this slight towards them to continue and would order a largeass fleet parked right in the sol system just so mutants know who is really in control.
    It's the same thing KotD. It's a great thing to say but no one really pays it any attention.

Like in Hickman's run on The Avengers. There were all of these Avengers Worlds that sounded great and fun and we haven't seen or heard anything about them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Gillis’s story was clean, tracked well and Cowan’s art leaped off the shelf. The only thing I’d change would be to rename, re-outfit and update the ‘Supremacists’.
    Cohesive, complete story with a beginning, middle, end in 4 issues. Even managed to explore wakanda politics in more depth.

In. 4. Issues.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Is the BP cartoon that spun off from the most recent Avengers show any good? I initially didn't watch it because I don't like the animation in new Marvel toons but i'm craving some BP content right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    When she first appeared she was T'challa little sister. Everything about her screamed 16-19 years of age. When she took over the book, she was depicted as older since Mayberry didn't want to go with any teen hero tropes. In fact, I don't think she was ever identified as a teen hero in her entire run, nor did she hang out with any teen hero groups.

The current version of the character seems to have been damage but since she is now a sidekick/supporting cast member that fits with her current role. But this is why Marvel will always be vague about character ages.

You can count the number of Marvel characters who are canonically 30+ on the fingers of one hand and the over 40 are even less.

DC let characters age to be about 40 then they de-aged everyone after changing thier minds, lol.
    there's that one shot where she is challenged for the mantle of BP shortly after getting it die to her Paris Hiltonest partying and in there o believe she says she was like 22 or something

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Dont forget the Don Mcgregor run. When the Panther god ( I did not see it called Bast until Hudlin/Hickma nrun) possessed a normal dude and wage war against Tchalla and Wakanda. Pretty much what Coates did in the Intergalactic story but in reverse+symbiote. And Tchalla had have help with the final battle using the techno jungle and friends. But still lost.

Need a neuralyzer for both runs.
    I wouldn't say he lost. He was depowered and fighting his god, he outsmarted tbg by luring him into the forest and once it was affected by the techno jungle he won the fight bit lost the "moral" fight but that I wouldn't really call a lost or a bad showing of T'Challa.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is the BP cartoon that spun off from the most recent Avengers show any good? I initially didn't watch it because I don't like the animation in new Marvel toons but i'm craving some BP content right now.
    Avengers: Black Panther's Quest was (arguably) the best season of Avengers Assemble, and the showrunner and head writer (I think) was none other than Geoffrey Thorne, who sometimes posts in here under the name "Redjack." The animation might not have necessarily been the best, but the depiction of Black Panther/T'Challa, the character, along with his allies, rivals, and foes, even if filtered through the lens of being nominally an Avengers series, was pretty well-done, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Highly recommend. You'll know it's quality the minute you see T'Challa tells Captain America to remove his hand off of his damn shoulder while two kings are speaking.

Yo, I will fight someoen comparing Gillis 4 issues to Coates Story in regards to the panther god.

Gillis explored their relationship in 4 issues more fully that Coates did in 6 years.

Gillis had T'challa stand up to TPG. T'Coates never did once. Just hung his head like a coward.

Gillis had TPG explain why she was pissed. I still dont' even know wtf Coates Bast wanted out of this whole thing.

Gillis had T'challa be depowered and still get stuff done. Still disarmed a nuke. Still defeat the Supremacists. Still stood up to TPG. Never once running off to some super friends why he "delegated"

Gillis expanded the wakandan mythos without destroying it. We saw the tribal council WITH power to do stuff. We saw some weird tribal tests that make Wakanda unique. Coates just tore it all down, said some words, and didn't go in depth at all. All surface level garbage... and then T'chalal did what he wanted anyway.

T'Gillis also changed. He defended himself, pushed back, and came to a compromise. Not "i don't wanna e king" changing to "i dont wanna be emperor" with his dead down like T'coates.

And as an aside... Gillis actually had T'challa defeat Killmonger, by himself, with his fists in the IM annual. Not needed goaded by his god and treated like a child.

(and the art is better than Stelfreeze)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"We are on at impasse". But dueling blade on table.

I like what I like. You can give me points on story. But they did not feel me with anything. Just like this run now the third issue will be my last. If nothing truly interesting happen. I dont read Ridley Batman run. Because I lost interest in Future State. And the whole training montage issues for him to get where he at now.

I dont share the same taste in writing as some of the posters here. The books that keep me spending money is Bitter Root and Montress. I tried Prince of Cats. I like the art style but not a fan of the writing. I think its based off of Brutius (Shakespeare).

So if anyone point to Hickman,Kirkman,Johns, Bendis, Coates, Liss, Lee, Claremont, and slew of others. I'll politely say "No Thankyou."

David Liss in my top 3 Panther solo writers.

Of all the Panther solo writers, he got capped in the knees with a baseball bat to start off his run. Dude was given a premise that nobody liked and turned chicken isht into chicken salad. He wasn't king, wasn't Panther, no vast resources, living in Hell's Kitchen. He won just about every Panther fan over with how he handled T'Challa.

I always say that he was pretty much writing his version of Born Again for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yo, I will fight someoen comparing Gillis 4 issues to Coates Story in regards to the panther god.

Gillis explored their relationship in 4 issues more fully that Coates did in 6 years.

Gillis had T'challa stand up to TPG. T'Coates never did once. Just hung his head like a coward.

Gillis had TPG explain why she was pissed. I still dont' even know wtf Coates Bast wanted out of this whole thing.

Gillis had T'challa be depowered and still get stuff done. Still disarmed a nuke. Still defeat the Supremacists. Still stood up to TPG. Never once running off to some super friends why he "delegated"

Gillis expanded the wakandan mythos without destroying it. We saw the tribal council WITH power to do stuff. We saw some weird tribal tests that make Wakanda unique. Coates just tore it all down, said some words, and didn't go in depth at all. All surface level garbage... and then T'chalal did what he wanted anyway.

T'Gillis also changed. He defended himself, pushed back, and came to a compromise. Not "i don't wanna e king" changing to "i dont wanna be emperor" with his dead down like T'coates.

And as an aside... Gillis actually had T'challa defeat Killmonger, by himself, with his fists in the IM annual. Not needed goaded by his god and treated like a child.

T'Challa probably would've been in a better situation if Gillis was given a BP solo after McGregor instead of just a mini. I'm positive it would've fixed the damage caused by McGregor. Still can't understand why he had T'Challa constantly get beat so bad and needing to be saved throughout his run

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa probably would've been in a better situation if Gillis was given a BP solo after McGregor instead of just a mini. I'm positive it would've fixed the damage caused by McGregor. Still can't understand why he had T'Challa constantly get beat so bad and needing to be saved throughout his run
    It's Shakespeare. Don Mac wrote T'Challa like he was writing a Shakespeare tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This. Also, he gave T'Challa a LI who could hold her own and respected him, but the biggest thing is even with T'Challa depowered, he whooped the asses of the supremacists by doing what he does best, not out muscling them or go blow for blow, but outsmarting them and using their powers against them to even the odds. The Parliament actually had power and showed that the whole "No one man" is bullisht because the Parliament can do stuff when they choose too. Gilis he's a very high position on my list of writers. Top 4 for me. Given just how well his story was despite being a mini. It's a damn shame he didn't atleast get to out in 20+ issues atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Highly recommend. You'll know it's quality the minute you see T'Challa tells Captain America to remove his hand off of his damn shoulder while two kings are speaking.
    Speaking of BPQ, did anyone else find it weird that Hunter spoke with an American accent in that show?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"