Page 886 of 955 FirstFirst ... 386786836876882883884885886887888889890896936 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You mean Namor?
    wait the movie is'nt called (Namor and) Black Panther Too?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah the MCU didn’t do a gob job of convincing me that Wakanda has the strongest army on the planet in terms of weaponry and strategy. Based off what I heard about Talokan and the footage I seen online, they suffer the same issues. Their strategy against the Talokoans being to sail out in the ocean, stand on top of their ship and wait for them to climb up so they can fight with spears? Not a great plan. They could’ve at least tried to replicate this
    Wakanda was the strongest army in the Thanos saga.
    Talokan , its still early to say..other than the invasion of Wakanda which was solo carried by their king..still have much feats to catch up to Wakanda in the MCU.

I think a full on naval assault like that would cost a lot of money they don't have.

Why they did'nt come up with something (which would cost like Angela Basset's lunch money) to dry the blue people AS WELL I have no clue.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That being said, it sounds kind of ridiculous. If one Tony Stark has advanced, yet still practical tech. Meanwhile, Wakanda has a whole science consortium along with 2 of their own super geniuses and they bumpin out low grade armored clothing and some ships...? Personally MCU Wakanda deserves to get washed! Maybe now they'll stop playing and get back to using Vibranium to evolve ALL aspects of their fighting force. Like working on making their own super soldiers, finding and developing their own possible Vibranium mutates, and for pete sake have a heavy armored division that has more than 7 people. They came off as too soft in the pants in Infinity war honestly.
    They basically hinted at that during the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I will say this does it make it funny that there are people who brag or say Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark.

Which say what you will about Tony but the way he improves his armors after every movie is a thing of beauty. Especially since he seems to have surpassed the Wakandans in nanotech armor.
    Idk, a criticism could be the way Shuri was pumping out these super soldier tech suits quickly. However, thats exactly what some people are criticizing them for not doing enough of.

They had the midnight angels outfits basically making them super soldiers esque.

Another criticism, or nitpick, going back to MoS I dont trust Nate Moore's timeline of saying its 2 years after Endgame. The math really aint mathin to me, lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You mean Namor?
    Everything with Talokan was to push Wakanda and her story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I will say this does it make it funny that there are people who brag or say Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark.

Which say what you will about Tony but the way he improves his armors after every movie is a thing of beauty. Especially since he seems to have surpassed the Wakandans in nanotech armor.
    Fact are MCU Producers, Anthony Russo, Joe Russo and canon books have stated and showed she smarter than Tony and Bruce etc. She clowned Bruce and Tony in IW. The only reason Tony has nanotech armor is because as stated in The Wakanda Files A Technological Exploration of the Avengers and Beyond Shuri and Wakanda shows him nanotech without their help he would be years away or never got it done.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Fact are MCU Producers, Anthony Russo, Joe Russo and canon books have stated and showed she smarter than Tony and Bruce etc. She clowned Bruce and Tony in IW. The only reason Tony has nanotech armor is because as stated in The Wakanda Files A Technological Exploration of the Avengers and Beyond Shuri and Wakanda shows him nanotech without their help he would be years away or never got it done.
    Yeah, yeah whatever and MCU producers like to go on about how Captain Marvel is "the strongest Marvel hero in the universe".

Meh to say Shuri clowned on them is just Shuri shilling shit. Also in this case if Tony was allowed access by Wakandans then he essentially took what they made and did it even better. Keep in mind Wakanda's main advantage is access to a resource only they can use, the fact Tony is about just as advanced is more a sign of praise towards Tony being able to make some of the most advanced pieces of technology in the world without access to the special rock.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That happens when you have an understanding of merchandising (toys) and wanting to show what a character can do.

This is what happens when you have YES MEN in the room and let emotions control things.

Folks screamed about the flaws in that movie and got buried by the usual suspects that hate T'Challa and want to call his fans names and telling them to grow up or they are psycho.

Now you got a free pass with Wakanda Forever. You won't get that with Black Panther 3. Will these folks that tried to shame folks and jedi handwave this movie's flaws show up for Shuri in the suit for a third movie?

Proud Mary and Woman King and Columbiana and Catwoman say no.
    Numbers have already shown they won't with WF. It's already getting to the limits of is BO success. Contrary to popular belief, people are TIRED of Black misery movies. And watching Black death that we see every day that even our heroes can't seem to escape

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Honestly, I've never been able to watch one of her videos all the way through. After about 20 seconds of her voice, my mind just rebels.
    Same, something about her voice and how she comes off immediately makes me not want to listen, doesn't help either when she starts spouting complete bullisht either

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    They had the midnight angels outfits basically making them super soldiers esque.
    More like so-so-soldiers. (Sounds like a Genesis song...)

Considering Wakanda's tech base and Shuri's supposed genius, the MA suits are woefully underpowered and ineffective, especially compared to Riri's use of their same tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Numbers have already shown they won't with WF. It's already getting to the limits of is BO success. Contrary to popular belief, people are TIRED of Black misery movies. And watching Black death that we see every day that even our heroes can't seem to escape
    Prediction: $425 mil domestic, about twice that worldwide. The only reason it's still #1 is the lack of strong competition.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 12-08-2022 at 04:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Prediction: $425 mil domestic, about twice that worldwide. The only reason it's still #1 is the lack of strong competition.
    No film the last few years had strong competition. All boxoffice numbers with the last few years has a asterisk because no competition. The Batman and Thor had weak competition too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What "popular belief"? I think the Black misery/trauma fatigue is widely expressed on the internet by Black people, and also reflected in the box office. How many of these films really break though? Yet Hollywood insists on making them. I don't mind telling stories about Black history, including the tragic parts of it, but I also think it's in how you tell it, and with the pronounced, often exclusive, focus on brutality, dehumanization, and so forth, a lot of people are tired of that. So that's why Hollywood resorts to sometimes guilting, shaming, and even demonizing audiences to get them to see these films.

Regarding Skyvolt's examples, I will give Woman King more credit because it's inching closer to $100 million worldwide, more than I thought it would get in the theater. I was expecting that the film would make a fresh round of money once the Academy Awards nominations were announced and they would put the movie back out there. I also imagine it will make money on home video too, so it stands that Woman King might turn out to be financially successful after all, but not the runaway success that Hollywood was crowing about. It's a shame that Colombiana and Proud Mary didn't do well; Colombiana was a better movie (though Taraji was more of a star-at that respective part on her career-than Zoe was). I wouldn't have minded seeing sequels to either film. I've never seen all of Halle's Catwoman, it's that bad that even I can't finish it.

To Skyvolt's larger point there isn't a great record here when it comes to Black women led action films, however Wakanda Forever will be the most successful Black woman-led action/comic book movie ever and could set a new precedent whereas before there wasn't a precedent after the Pam Grier and other Blaxploitation movies from the 70s. I don't judge Wakanda Forever, or a future Shuri-led film by the attempts that came before because it's in such a different category and part of the Marvel machine. It's going to get the kind of budget, casting, marketing, and hopefully script that will set it up for success in a way that these other films didn't. The closest I suppose would've been Halle's Catwoman, with both Halle and Catwoman having major name recognition, but it seems like so many other things went wrong with that movie.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 12-08-2022 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    No film the last few years had strong competition. All boxoffice numbers with the last few years has a asterisk because no competition. The Batman and Thor had weak competition too.
    Perhaps (they are lucky they get another week before AVATAR 2), but BPWF is barely outperforming TLT and DSMOM. Looking at the numbers, it's tracking about the same as CACW (less if you adjust for inflation).

I won't call it a bomb (it's likely to turn a prophet) but "woefully underperforming" is accurate.

Uh oh

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    The "first wave" of Avengers to attempt to take down Kang in AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY is rumored to include:

- #ShangChi
    - Sam Wilson's #CaptainAmerica
    - Shuri's #BlackPanther

More details: https://thedirect.com/article/avengers-5-heroes-appear

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Uh oh

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    The "first wave" of Avengers to attempt to take down Kang in AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY is rumored to include:

- #ShangChi
    - Sam Wilson's #CaptainAmerica
    - Shuri's #BlackPanther

More details: https://thedirect.com/article/avengers-5-heroes-appear
    Long live King T’Junior! Lol!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Long live King T’Junior! Lol!
    I wonder if the rumored Secret Wars rumor (traveling to different universes to find heros to help) is them finding a multiverse T'Challa?

Or maybe older T'Challa travel's back in time to help.

Wishful thinking obviously.