Page 441 of 955 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 14314

If the book does well, T’Challa is done permanently

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    It won't you can be sure of that

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It won't you can be sure of that
    It could. Black panther movie planted the seeds for this kinda thing

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

All things considered, the first Black Panther movie was kind of a never before seen event.

WF probably won't make as much as the first one.

It could. Black panther movie planted the seeds for this kinda thing
    The Solo under Coates was failing with all the help from Marvel. All spin offs except for Rise were dogisht in sales (and KiB that did REALLY WELL) no way is "Wakanda" going to succeed. All the books had something in common, they used the title Black Panther to help sell. Wakanda on its own is going to show marvel WHY it's not a character and why separating T'Challa from Wakanda is stupid, and ishtting on T'Challa to uplift OCs and Wakanda is even dumber of a plan. I have zero doubt of it failing

Actually on further thought anyone remember that Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon series which was basically an Okoye vehicle at the demotion of Iron Fist himself?

How did that series do?

I been saying things like this since the BP movie. Was called paranoid back then but everything I said seems to be happening

We all know T’Challa is gonna die regardless because of the timeless tease but If all the wakanda fans decide to actually buy comics this time, T’Challa is getting white tiger’d
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 07-06-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The Solo under Coates was failing with all the help from Marvel. All spin offs except for Rise were dogisht in sales (and KiB that did REALLY WELL) no way is "Wakanda" going to succeed. All the books had something in common, they used the title Black Panther to help sell. Wakanda on its own is going to show marvel WHY it's not a character and why separating T'Challa from Wakanda is stupid, and ishtting on T'Challa to uplift OCs and Wakanda is even dumber of a plan. I have zero doubt of it failing
    Wish I could share your optimism

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I honest feel that many of the writers have more interest in telling stories about Shuri, Okoye, etc. You can tell as how many young black heroes are coming to the forefront in comic book or film stories.

But my point is that you are not seeing black male heroes in the forefront at the moment.
    Young Avengers has a book on Marvel Unlimited. The writer revealed Eli Bradley was NOT an option for him to use. Prodigy was and begin recruited by someone who never met him.

We have not see Falcon's Patriot since BP #25.

The thing is, I wanted more spin-offs. I wanted Black Panthers supporting cast to be elevated and to be as beloved as Batman’s supporting cast. But dammit man why does Marvel feel like the ONLY way to do it is to treat T’Challa like dog ****?
    Batman spinoff NEVER crapped on him. Many got develop along side him. Never at his expense.

Just know that when this book craters on sales and is "cancelled" after issue 1 drops the blame will be out on us "Oh y'all don't want to support a Black woman and y'all wanted it to fail!"
    PLEASE let them try to come in here and do that. PLEASE.

I can list the number of black women created, starring in or featured projects that have been done and none of those folks said a WORD about them.
    How many bought Shuri, Ironheart, Moon Girl, Truth & Justice with Vixen by Redjack & Kick Azz at Image? Tee Franklin's Archie book? Goldie Vance? Batman Files The Gardener? Nubia & The Amazons? Nubia? Motor Crush?

I OWN all those books. Do they?????

Not one of those books BASHED a black man. Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To be fair-BP WOW was doing well on Amazon before the movie. Then came the movie and everything Panther got a boost that lasted a good 3 years.

Sometimes BP WOW sniffs it way into the top 300 of sales.

Now it should be noted that book got axed at issue 2 because orders were that bad. Which is funny considering store owners here were talking about how bad Solo did and the inker for Starbrand and Nightmask was SHOCKED anyone bought the book.
    Yeah I get you but if it really did well wouldn't they make more if though? Like we haven't gotten other books starring the Midnight Angels and while Roxane Gay is still in comics Marvel hasn't commissioned her to write any new books.

Its like with American Chavez and Gabby Rivera. That got cancelled at 12 issues and Marvel has made a point to never reference it. When America was a member of the 2018 West Coast Avengers by Kelly Thompson, it went out of its way to avoid referencing anything from the America ongoing with no mention of her university life, she gains a new love interest in Ramone Watts with Magdalena and Salgado unmentioned, and she makes it clear she can't time travel which was a power she gained in the America ongoing.

If the book actually did well they wouldn't be making a point of trying to bury it as much as they can.

Which in fairness Marvel hasn't been trying to bury the Wakanda stuff like they did to Rivera's America with the former actually being mentioned like in here.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 07-06-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Wish I could share your optimism
    Trust me. It's going to fail. It has all the concoctions to fail. A unknown/ inexperienced Writer being backed by ANOTHER neophyte. Characters with weak characteristics and no backstory, and focusing on the least interesting part of the franchise. Let's be real, Wakanda without the black panther is just a generic city. It being African adds some zest, but it's T'Challa who really makes it Worth exploring. Without him it's going to be like the current run. A confusing mess

None of the non-BP minis starring other characters, let alone Shuri, have really done all that amazing sales-wise.

I don't see that changing now.

Wakanda getting a book does not necessarily take away from TChalla. This was always going to happen. Wakanda is something no other marvel hero really has(Krakoa is too recent to count).

Tchallas supporting cast is going to get way more exposure but this will likely be 5 issues and done. I'm not surprised this is happening at all
    But I think there's too much doomssaying here. Tchalla as a character has been transitioning to this status since his popularity increased. Wakanda is an endless well of stories now, much like Gotham is for batman. And nightwing or Batgirl having a book has if anything allowed batman books to focus on batman

Perhaps the same will happen with this. Yhats what I'm hoping for. Didnt read the latest issue yet, will post thoughts when I do.

Incredible Member

Do you guys believe the Black Panther franchise is Dead ??
    Will black panther 2 be as successful and the first one ?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I think that this quote is how many of the recent comic writers and even Coogler and company feel about the Black Panther franchise and T'Challa:

“I’ve been such a huge fan of the Black Panther over the years, especially the evolution and expansion of the women of Wakanda. It’s truly an honor to kick off the new series with the Shuri story I wrote. I hope I can add to her and Wakanda’s already impressive lore.”

I honest feel that many of the writers have more interest in telling stories about Shuri, Okoye, etc. Part of the reason was the 1st film and how T'Challa was written. He was quiet and honorable but not really like the T'Challa from the comics. That film did a lot for expanding Wankandan mythology but diminished alpha aspects of T'Challa character. Plus this era of the MCU is really pushing forward Marvel's female characters. You can tell as how many young black heroes are coming to the forefront in comic book or film stories. There is Miles but not really anyone else. None of the 90s characters are being pushed such as Night Thrasher who could work in film as he is half way between Iron man and T'Challa though not as brilliant. Actually he is halfway between IM and Batman with a splash of Punisher.

But my point is that you are not seeing black male heroes in the forefront at the moment.
    Thank you for this post.