Page 416 of 955 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This shouldn't even be a thing we have to worry about. They are literally using Chad's passing as an excuse to remove the character from all mediums, while proclaiming Chad's portray transcended all other mediums of the character, which just ain't true. Chad did a phenomenal job, however, his version is far from the best. He was hamstrung and wasn't able to really bring out the T'Challa everyone, him included, wanted to see on the big screen
    Exactly. So I guess it’s just **** JCM III, Djimon Honsu or Christopher Judge because Chadwick was the only portrayal worth caring about.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This shouldn't even be a thing we have to worry about. They are literally using Chad's passing as an excuse to remove the character from all mediums, while proclaiming Chad's portray transcended all other mediums of the character, which just ain't true. Chad did a phenomenal job, however, his version is far from the best. He was hamstrung and wasn't able to really bring out the T'Challa everyone, him included, wanted to see on the big screen
    This is ridiculous

When Heath Ledger died its not like they retired the Joker. The fact that Marvel is possibly considering retiring T'Challa over this is incredibly fucked and incredibly demeaning on a counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    This is ridiculous

When Heath Ledger died its not like they retired the Joker. The fact that Marvel is possibly considering retiring T'Challa over this is incredibly fucked and incredibly demeaning on a counts.
    The rules will always be different for Black characters. Heck I’d argue that Jokers popularity rose in the wake of Heath Ledgers death. Seriously Joker was everywhere from cartoons to video games in the gap between TDK and Suicide Squad.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The rules will always be different for Black characters. Heck I’d argue that Jokers popularity rose in the wake of Heath Ledgers death. Seriously Joker was everywhere from cartoons to video games in the gap between TDK and Suicide Squad.
    If Captain America did BP numbers and won awards, and smashed records and Evans had passed, you bet Cap would be EVERYWHERE, countless comics, games appearances, tv shows, and he would of been at the forefront of all of it.

Any other white character who managed to pull BP numbers would be instantly GOATED and forever on Marvels A list. T'Challa? Gets lame ass neophyte writers who can't write comics for isht and wastes YEARS tearing him down and ruining his franchise, and all the goodwill.

Then they grab Ridley to continue the hit job to ruin the character and literally strip him of all of his titles and his franchise for OCs no one gives flying fraks about. And are moving to completely wipe out his presence in the MCU.

All the while never giving him a game, the closest thing was a dlc for a failed game (Which booster the games ratings and many people like it so much and called for it to be its own game instead of a dlc) no BP centric event. They cancelled the TV show despite his season being extremely popular and gaining awards.

6 + year's and the best things we have gotten of T'Challa are in team books/ guest appearances, and one shots. His solo is absolute garbage. When marvel had the same issue with Carol thru eventually put a REAL comic writer on the book to course correct... Yet T'Challa they just double down on the isht slinging

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And he even got a cameo at the end of The Batman to hype up the (inevitable) sequel, so there's that, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I still think they're happy to not have to push a black king. T'Challa is everything white powerful corporations fear. A black man that's brilliant, strong, confident, powerful, sexy and dangerous. He answers to no one. They're glad to replace him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I still think they're happy to not have to push a black king. T'Challa is everything white powerful corporations fear. A black man that's brilliant, strong, confident, powerful, sexy and dangerous. He answers to no one. They're glad to replace him lol.
    And will throw a party when they feel they can kill him without pushback (around the time WF opens).

I totally agree with the subverted white supremacist insecurity elements of muting A T'Challa, my question though is how they can leave all that money on the table when they saw how well The first Black Panther performed. Logic says that if I can make millions off of my worst enemy, I'm gonna be nice with all that cash. With the comics I can still see why they won't invest better writer, for better outcomes and bottom line. It won't net them the crazy millions from even a successful BP comic. For other media it stands to reason for the cost of a typical movie or show they're going to give the people everything they want.

Thinking about it, yeah I can't think of many games that take place in an African setting.

I mean sure there was that DLC in Avengers but that's a really half measure. They are not gonna make a Black Panther game on the same scale as the Insomniac Spider-Man gamn Arkham series, or even like the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

It's a damn shame.

My God is there an incredible awkwardness that the writers who are portraying T'Challa as the worst thing are largely black.

And that a lot of the writers who have portrayed him as largely capable with his strong traits are white.

Of course not all, as I recall Redjack wrote a stellar issue in King in Black: Black Panther. But it's weird guys like Jason Aaron in Avengers and AL Ewing in his Ultimates run back then back then actually have T'Challa as an intelligent badass.

Like remember Ultimates? T'Challa conquering and commanding the tiger spirit to teleport past Earth and into space to help his friends. And when that Inhuman shredded his suit, T'Challa just kept on fighting like nothing happened. Now that's a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I totally agree with the subverted white supremacist insecurity elements of muting A T'Challa, my question though is how they can leave all that money on the table when they saw how well The first Black Panther performed. Logic says that if I can make millions off of my worst enemy, I'm gonna be nice with all that cash. With the comics I can still see why they won't invest better writer, for better outcomes and bottom line. It won't net them the crazy millions from even a successful BP comic. For other media it stands to reason for the cost of a typical movie or show they're going to give the people everything they want.
    Because Disney thinks that they can get all of that money and maybe more by pushing a Black female character. In their mind, they Are checking off an extra diversity box and can potentially claim that it's "The first big box office Black female led film" and thinks it will sell. But they have essentially alienated half the people who would go to the movie and there's no incentive to see it at all. Other than people wanting to know T'Challas fate. This movie won't have rewatching power if they have a funeral scene and the movie is a "Harrowing tale" as Danai put it. No one wants to watch a depressing movie more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    My God is there an incredible awkwardness that the writers who are portraying T'Challa as the worst thing are largely black.

And that a lot of the writers who have portrayed him as largely capable with his strong traits are white.

Of course not all, as I recall Redjack wrote a stellar issue in King in Black: Black Panther. But it's weird guys like Jason Aaron in Avengers and AL Ewing in his Ultimates run back then back then actually have T'Challa as an intelligent badass.

Like remember Ultimates? T'Challa conquering and commanding the tiger spirit to teleport past Earth and into space to help his friends. And when that Inhuman shredded his suit, T'Challa just kept on fighting like nothing happened. Now that's a badass.
    Redjack was able to do what Coates, Ridley and even Coogler failed to do. Show T'Challa with his intelligence, agency, 3 steps ahead planning, and overall badassery WHILE: acknowledging Shuris super Genius as well and giving her a lane separate and unique from T'Challa and captured her voice and how a Wakandan, especially a royal, would speak.

All the while giving everyone a role and something to do, T'Challa and Shuris genius was on full display, everyone was given a cool moment, and we had OUR T'Challa again. He did that on one issue. Imagine what he could do if he was given the solo?

Incredible Member

I don't care what lame spin some clowns want to put on this but the handling of Black Panther has been nothing short of racism. The character did something no other solo comic book movie was able to do on numerous levels and yet was slowly being snuffed out. I also have a theory that Feige knew of Chadwick's condition and strangely delayed the movie to about the "right time" where he knew either Chadwick will or won't be able to continue. When the latter happened, ot took them less than 5 minutes to kill the most culturally aspirational character in comicdom, as evidenced in 2018, the awards and box office numbers. Hollywood would rather profit from the death of a dead black man or strangely happy to make no money than to see a powerful, aspirational and intelligent black man be showcased to the world. This has been a screw job from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I don't care what lame spin some clowns want to put on this but the handling of Black Panther has been nothing short of racism. The character did something no other solo comic book movie was able to do on numerous levels and yet was slowly being snuffed out. I also have a theory that Feige knew of Chadwick's condition and strangely delayed the movie to about the "right time" where he knew either Chadwick will or won't be able to continue. When the latter happened, ot took them less than 5 minutes to kill the most culturally aspirational character in comicdom, as evidenced in 2018, the awards and box office numbers. Hollywood would rather profit from the death of a dead black man or strangely happy to make no money than to see a powerful, aspirational and intelligent black man be showcased to the world. This has been a screw job from the start.
    No. It’s been stated over and over that nobody outside of Chadwick’s family knew he had cancer until after he passed. Plus on the red carpet for Shang Chi or What if (can’t remember which one), Feige said that Chadwick really loved doing voice work for What If and really wanted to incorporate some of the elements from the Star-Lord T’Challa episode into his performance for BP2 (in terms of how T’Challa behaves). As much as we’re all frustrated right now, I wouldn’t completely demonize Feige because let’s not forget that he wanted to make Black Panther and Captain Marvel a lot sooner but couldn’t because of Ike Perlmutter. But still something’s gotta change regarding T’Challas treatment in other mediums besides live action because this is getting ridiculous.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

On Kevin’s twitter page it’s everything BP his pictures and all his last recent post. Lol idk it’s weird he stopped posting after BP.

AnywY I think they well promote the hell out of this movie they know they’re in for a fight for people to watch it. #recasttchalla folks educating people It won’t make a billion like the first one. Not without tchalla. Once’s the leaks come out people will decide if it’s worth it or not.

My favorite from a casual. The new BP will be great and can finish all Tchalla stories . Lol to me I’m like ain’t that a recast with a different name lol idk. To me it’s a Namor movie they will address tchalla and move on right to Namor. Lastly I have a feeling this movie will be short like really short.