Page 77 of 955 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 14314
    Incredible Member

I'm intrigued By Tosin and yes imo Tosin story was a mini spoiler and I'm ok with that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:

well, at least we called Gentle from the get go. I am glad Ridley made him more than just a terrible X character.

And yeah, I agree with Rob. Same as the first two issues quality wise. Some great, mostly solid, with some weird dialogue sprinkled in.

His voice for T'challa is so odd because it seems perfect.. until it isn't lol.
    end of spoilers

4th issue is coming up and we are getting close to trade length... Ridley needs to do more. Mystery comics that keep the mystery too long end up setting expectatoins that are too high and those expectations can't be met

And now I am all in on Hunter IF it isn't a double cross by the chick.

spoilers:
    Who else other than someone that grew up with T'challa could know what he was thinking ahead of time like that?

Who else could posisbly know Wakandan secrets this deep? Hunter would still likely have connections and maybe know things T'challa doesn't.

It times wells with Legends suddenly using Hunter again.

I think the timing of Akili being back in the picture begging T'challa to come back to deal with King **** was done for a reason. I'm going to guess Hunter is pissed about Wakandan Democracy and doing this is his zealot way to punish T'challa. He probably feels like T'chalal betrayed T'chaka and the Wakanda Royal line.

Targeting sleeper agents would pull Wakanda away from T'challa (which t'challa mentioned, he is the target possibly), and pull T'challa away from super hero friends as well. Pull him out in the open so he is more vulunerable
    end of spoilers

And umm.... Did the Tosin story just spoil what is going to happen??????
    spoilers:
    Gentle was raised in the palace of Wakanda for a time and was personally saved by T’Challa from a life of complete loneliness and abuse. It would’ve been incredibly out of character for him to be anything other than respectful and open-minded to T’Challa, that’s the closest thing he has to a father. So revealing him as a spy and letting him be someone T’Challa can lean on felt like the right approach. I still don’t care for the character but if Marvel handled Gentle’s background with the nuance it deserves there MIGHT be an interesting story to tell there for T’Challa.

The voice for T’Challa was great mostly outside of the “Yeaah, no” and referring to the X-Men/Krakoa as “the mutants”. If anything I think Ridley did his strongest character writing here, his T’Challa is the perfect mix of “asshole” and “introspective” in that he embraces his Royal duties but it’s painfully apparent the years of lying and isolating himself have worn on him.

He’s not in complete resentment of Wakanda the way Coates was but I also think he’s more vulnerable than Priest, this T’Challa has a greater range of perspective while having a lot more on his plate (intergalactic Wakanda, leading the Avengers, etc.) I like seeing T’Challa wrestle with whether his friends are happy with the lives he builds for them, but I also like seeing him devote himself to the mission with some of the pomp and arrogance that demands.

That Tosin story is definitely a spoiler because I think your theory is right. We’re getting Dora v. HZ, who else would lead the HZ but Hunter lol. If that’s Ridley’s direction I’m interested, showing a military faction chafe at the new democracy and overthrowing it could be interesting. That story is probably how Tosin comes to prominence, he’s the guy that saves the prime minister so the government tries to position him as their new hero. But I also got a hint of malice in that final page, like Tosin may end up going too far. He’s not a political mastermind, but he is a child and insanely driven. Should be interesting to see how T’Challa reacts to him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    Gentle was raised in the palace of Wakanda for a time and was personally saved by T’Challa from a life of complete loneliness and abuse. It would’ve been incredibly out of character for him to be anything other than respectful and open-minded to T’Challa, that’s the closest thing he has to a father. So revealing him as a spy and letting him be someone T’Challa can lean on felt like the right approach. I still don’t care for the character but if Marvel handled Gentle’s background with the nuance it deserves there MIGHT be an interesting story to tell there for T’Challa.

The voice for T’Challa was great mostly outside of the “Yeaah, no” and referring to the X-Men/Krakoa as “the mutants”. If anything I think Ridley did his strongest character writing here, his T’Challa is the perfect mix of “*******” and “introspective” in that he embraces his Royal duties but it’s painfully apparent the years of lying and isolating himself have worn on him.

He’s not in complete resentment of Wakanda the way Coates was but I also think he’s more vulnerable than Priest, this T’Challa has a greater range of perspective while having a lot more on his plate (intergalactic Wakanda, leading the Avengers, etc.) I like seeing T’Challa wrestle with whether his friends are happy with the lives he builds for them, but I also like seeing him devote himself to the mission with some of the pomp and arrogance that demands.

That Tosin story is definitely a spoiler because I think your theory is right. We’re getting Dora v. HZ, who else would lead the HZ but Hunter lol. If that’s Ridley’s direction I’m interested, showing a military faction chafe at the new democracy and overthrowing it could be interesting. That story is probably how Tosin comes to prominence, he’s the guy that saves the prime minister so the government tries to position him as their new hero. But I also got a hint of malice in that final page, like Tosin may end up going too far. He’s not a political mastermind, but he is a child and insanely driven. Should be interesting to see how T’Challa reacts to him.
    end of spoilers
    I mean, if it isn't...

spoilers:
    Hunter then we are getting a villain twist out of Akili then.

I wouldn't hate either direction tbh
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm intrigued By Tosin and yes imo Tosin story was a mini spoiler and I'm ok with that
    MINI???? lololol

I think it is utterly ridiculous if it isn't a red herring.

We have a mystery story and they solved a huge chunk of the mystery in a side story.

Art was FIRE though.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

MINI???? lololol

I think it is utterly ridiculous if it isn't a red herring.

We have a mystery story and they solved a huge chunk of the mystery in a side story.

Art was FIRE though.
    It's definitely a red herring..

Did you like the Bast story I found it kinda meh

Amazing Member

[spoil]

Lol. Yeah that parliament is going to get a coup on its hands faster than you can say black panther

Astonishing Member

I mean, if it isn't...

spoilers:
    Hunter then we are getting a villain twist out of Akili then.

I wouldn't hate either direction tbh
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't get me wrong, I think Akili is ok but there's so much more to explore with Hunter as the big bad. Where's he been all this time, how'd he coordinate his plan while in exile, plus just the general fact he's T'Challa's older, white adopted brother lol.

I'm not even a big Hunter fan but there's a richer history and dynamic to mine with him, so I'd hope if the HZ go bad he's the one leading charge. Akili I think would be better used as a secondary antagonist, the inside man helping Hunter from within Wakanda.
    end of spoilers

Well, we got a character saving the day in a badass fashion against multiple armed foes.

spoilers:
    Pity that it's Tosin
    end of spoilers

It's instructive to compare the writing in the 1st & 3rd stories:

spoilers:
    In the first story, T'Challa is on his back foot still, not even able to take a prisoner, while Omolola, Shuri, and Akili all gripe about his inability to do stuff.

Sure, he gets a decent fight scene, but O-la actually gets the W, and his only recourse is to go running off to bloody Mars.

(I have no strong opinions on the Gentle stuff at all. Other than to note that, unlike every other sleeper, Nezhno gets to stay where he is because the oh-so-wonderful Arakko is perfectly safe, despite the fact that these attackers seem to show up everywhere. Yay mutants!)

Meanwhile, in the third story, Tosin gets to talk about how T'Challa & his philosophy is just as bad as Killmonger, Wakanda sucks, and his way is the only true way. And not ONE panel of the story suggests he might be wrong. And he gets the badass action scene I was talking about with Moon Knight yesterday.

He's basically a younger, hipper, less-pretentious Tetu!
    end of spoilers

In other words: 3rd verse, same as the others. But I'm sure that Ridley will do a wonderful job showing the grand adventures of spoilers:
    Tosin, Protector of the True Wakanda.
    end of spoilers

I won't be reading them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    Don't get me wrong, I think Akili is ok but there's so much more to explore with Hunter as the big bad. Where's he been all this time, how'd he coordinate his plan while in exile, plus just the general fact he's T'Challa's older, white adopted brother lol.

I'm not even a big Hunter fan but there's a richer history and dynamic to mine with him, so I'd hope if the HZ go bad he's the one leading charge. Akili I think would be better used as a secondary antagonist, the inside man helping Hunter from within Wakanda.
    end of spoilers
    ooooo i like that last sentence and it would fit too.

Hell i could see...

spoilers:
    Akili being the one to contact Hunter.

Hunter coudl almost be a myth or legend in the HZ ranks.

Akili is super concerned about the new government, as we saw in #1 and now #3, and he contacts and finds Hunter in prison (and likely helps break him out) for help/pick is brain/whatever and Hunter may be manipulating Akili here a bit. Hunter can orchestrate **** as we saw in Priest run... akili may have fucked around and got in bed with a master manipulator. Akili may not even know what is happening to T'chalal since T'challa is keeping it close to the vest.

end of spoilers

Also, i'll be curious how the mars thing blows up in T'challa's face next issue lol. Well, I guess it would be a plot twist if it DOESNT blow up though.

spoilers:
    If the assassins can reach Mars ,then holy **** their reach is LONG
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantherKing View Post
    Lol. Yeah that parliament is going to get a coup on its hands faster than you can say black panther
    [sarcasm]Wakandan Civil War. What a groundbreaking plot.[/sarcasm]

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    [sarcasm]Wakandan Civil War. What a groundbreaking plot.[/sarcasm]
    [On the new character, Tosin] I can already tell I'm going to hate him what with all the "T'challa is evil" and "The true Wakanda" nonsense. He's going to be a pain in the a*s for T'challa.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantherKing View Post
    [On the new character, Tosin] I can already tell I'm going to hate him what with all the "T'challa is evil" and "The true Wakanda" nonsense. He's going to be a pain in the a*s for T'challa.
    Counterpoint: He's young and stuck in his own propaganda in the Mute Zone.

Think "small town mentality." Country folk hating on all the city folk when the country folk never left their hometown.

The Mute Zone be sitting back going "look at shitty they are, we know everything" during every conflict and disagreement. Monday Morning Quarterback type stuff.

He's a Wakandan Small Town Conservative lol

aka he finally leaves said town, he sees how the world really works, sees who's T'challa really is, and grows as a character. T'challa takes him under his wing to help.

Or he might freaking suck and I hate him and he will disappear from Canon in 6 months unti hte movie comes out and they change his name to Azari lolkol lol. Who knows, too soon to tell.

spoilers:

well, at least we called Gentle from the get go. I am glad Ridley made him more than just a terrible X character.

And yeah, I agree with Rob. Same as the first two issues quality wise. Some great, mostly solid, with some weird dialogue sprinkled in.

His voice for T'challa is so odd because it seems perfect.. until it isn't lol.
    end of spoilers

4th issue is coming up and we are getting close to trade length... Ridley needs to do more. Mystery comics that keep the mystery too long end up setting expectatoins that are too high and those expectations can't be met

And now I am all in on spoilers:
    Hunter
    end of spoilers IF it isn't a double cross by the chick.

spoilers:
    Who else other than someone that grew up with T'challa could know what he was thinking ahead of time like that?

Who else could posisbly know Wakandan secrets this deep? Hunter would still likely have connections and maybe know things T'challa doesn't.

It times wells with Legends suddenly using Hunter again.

I think the timing of Akili being back in the picture begging T'challa to come back to deal with King **** was done for a reason. I'm going to guess Hunter is pissed about Wakandan Democracy and doing this is his zealot way to punish T'challa. He probably feels like T'chalal betrayed T'chaka and the Wakanda Royal line.

Targeting sleeper agents would pull Wakanda away from T'challa (which t'challa mentioned, he is the target possibly), and pull T'challa away from super hero friends as well. Pull him out in the open so he is more vulunerable

And then the Tosin story...errrr....
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It definitely looks like that it could be Hunter or Akili or both. It definitely seems like something Hunter would do just like in Enemy of the State I & II.
    end of spoilers

The Tosin story definitely was a massive spoiler. His tribe sounds like a rebrand Jabari and weren't the Mute Zones from Nendi's mini?

Astonishing Member

ooooo i like that last sentence and it would fit too.

Hell i could see...

spoilers:
    Akili being the one to contact Hunter.

Hunter coudl almost be a myth or legend in the HZ ranks.

Akili is super concerned about the new government, as we saw in #1 and now #3, and he contacts and finds Hunter in prison (and likely helps break him out) for help/pick is brain/whatever and Hunter may be manipulating Akili here a bit. Hunter can orchestrate **** as we saw in Priest run... akili may have fucked around and got in bed with a master manipulator. Akili may not even know what is happening to T'chalal since T'challa is keeping it close to the vest.

end of spoilers

Also, i'll be curious how the mars thing blows up in T'challa's face next issue lol. Well, I guess it would be a plot twist if it DOESNT blow up though.

spoilers:
    If the assassins can reach Mars ,then holy **** their reach is LONG
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that's the better vibe to go with. Hunter just brings a gravity to this story I'm not sure Akili has earned because he doesn't have enough history to make the reveals hit. Just like Jhai, it'd be a wasted opportunity to use him rather than an established character. Having him be the dutiful soldier to the one man he thinks can protect Wakanda from itself could be an interesting take. And like you said, Akili may have gotten more than what he bargained for if he's not entirely in the know about the assassins.

Is it possible this plan has been in place for awhile? When T'Challa disbanded the HZ, maybe the few that were presumably kept around just pretended they were loyal to the crown. Could it be a situation where T'Challa thought he expelled all the bad actors in their ranks when in reality a new militarist conspiracy established themselves under his nose? A decade-long conspiracy by Hunter against T'Challa would be compelling stuff. Kinda retcon-y but definitely a unique type of threat for T'Challa, like Doomwar done right lol.
    end of spoilers

Or he might freaking suck and I hate him and he will disappear from Canon in 6 months unti hte movie comes out and they change his name to Azari lolkol lol. Who knows, too soon to tell.
    Maybe Ridley will reveal that he's T'Challa's illegitimate kid with Ikoko from Long Live the King.