Page 303 of 955 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Priest said it best. This is for marvel, Fiege, Coogler, Coates, Ridley, the people in the back, ANY OTHER WRITER who portrays T'Challa different than what he really is

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1a/60/e6/1a60e67120c8d471dd8794c2827d0134--black-panther-comic-black**********.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Thanks, fail on my part

Priest said it best. This is for marvel, Fiege, Coogler, Coates, Ridley, the people in the back, ANY OTHER WRITER who portrays T'Challa different than what he really is

This is an excellent panel to show what kind of character we are supposed to be dealing with, yet one too many writers strayed from this depiction for something lesser. Fortunately, some writers still remember what makes him great and entertaining to follow his adventures in the first place.

I miss it so much lol we really had a winner for a while

#facts

Quote Originally Posted by ezyo1000 View Post
    priest said it best.

Needs to be pinned at the top of every BP appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    "Subverting black male machismo" are the words that come to mind when I think of his Panther. Apparently wanting the lead character in a book to be competent is a bad thing. Maybe he genuinely thought he was being progressive, except, well, BP never really struck me as a "toxically masculine" type, he's just confident and self assured. Wolverine, all day everyday, the Punisher, same. BP, nope.
    if T'challa was toxically masculine, he would be clappin Dora cheeks every night. Or at least had more than 2 GF's lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH #4
    TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) • R.B. SILVA (A/C)
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY LEO CASTELLANI
    Sam Wilson uncovers a plot that poses an imminent threat to both the U.S. and Wakanda — but Wakanda doesn’t want to play ball with Captain America. Faced with an impossible decision, Sam tries to do what’s best for both countries. But will his gamble pay off or cost him dearly? And what interest do the elusive White Wolf and his ally Crossbones have in the outcome?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I guess they forgot the calling all black folks arc from the previous run. Think they would own Sam a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I guess they forgot the calling all black folks arc from the previous run. Think they would own Sam a favor.
    I'm going to LMAO if their excuse is that Wakandans don't need help from outsiders when the entire Coates run involved needing help from outsiders especially when the last had every black hero forced in for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    if T'challa was toxically masculine, he would be clappin Dora cheeks every night. Or at least had more than 2 GF's lol.
    Dude that's how Coates tried to play off the Dora system, I remember him saying something along the lines of "being surrounded by a harem of beautiful women, no man would NOT take advantage of that" or some other stupid isht and it's like, dude don't put your own weakness and insecurities on T'Challa. I can think of a ton of other characters who would take advantage of that and T'Challa ain't one of them.

Speaking of Priest, his interview for his new Black Adam series felt enlightening and relevant.

Then you have internal forces. You have a growing democracy movement. Black Adam's trying to be very progressive. Kahndaq the city is full of all these ancient monuments, but we're also seeing all of these construction cranes dotting the landscape because he's trying to transform it into something more like Wakanda. So he's modernizing and up are going these amazing glass towers, and things like that. The people of Kahndaq are split over that. Some people like that: 'Yes, we'd like a secular government. We like you progressive.' But some want Sharia Law and they want traditionalism. So there's this tension going on there. He can't support a democracy movement, not because he doesn't want his people to be free, but because American-style democracy is a very difficult thing to attain and a very difficult thing to maintain, as we are seeing in our own country. Ironically, I agree with Black Adam, where Black Adam is against democracy in Kahndaq. I think he's right.

Priest is going to knock it out of the park with his Black Adam run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Day 2739 of begging Priest to please come back and write Black Panther again.

Can’t wait to see what he does with Khandaq, but yeah I don’t think Priest would see democracy as a catch all band-aid for Wakanda the way Coates portrayed it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And yet with Coates we have "Democracy is the greatest most bestest thing ever and we should totally throw away a 10k monarch that has progressed us further than the rest of the world for a government system that is ripe with corruption!!! Because it's the bestest and most awesome thing Ever! Plus No One Man!!!"