Page 429 of 955 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    And that my friend is why you should stay off Twitter.
    I chalk it up to some goofies that are ignorant of the history and significance of the character, while simultaneously not understanding the difference between actor and role.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, there's a probably a good reason why they ultimately decided to not recast him despite all the production delays but we'll probably never know the full story unless somebody asks Feige on the press tour for Wakanda Forever. I obviously can't speak for you or anyone else here, but you have to keep in mind that WANTING BP to be recasted in a recent mindset.
    It actually wasn't a recent mindset. It's been there since day 1.
    Actual scratch that, what came before were people telling the anti recast crowd that it was incredibly insensitive for them to already start calling for Shuri/ MBJ/whoever black fan cast to take the mantle and how they should have Doom or Namor or whatever insert fan cast villain to kill T'Challa to "Honored" Chad 1 hour after the news dropped of his passing.

It's simply more people are seeing the how Illogical it is to kill him when he is clearly alive and it's been 2 years when this movie drops.

The reason they didn't Recast was grief. They made a rash decision likely executes pressuring Coogler and co who were reeling and that's what prompted this. Because they are trying to make money and frak everything else. Despite Covid already wrecking the economy so none of the stuff was happening anyways.

The Recast was always around, it's just that more of the anti recast have made the switch so the remaining ones are claiming that it was only recent to try and combat the switch as more and more see how ridiculous it is to not Recast

This is just the calm before the storm. As Mos said, Feige doesn’t control the trailers. I wouldn’t put it past them to show T’Challas fate in the trailer and **** is REALLY gonna hit the fan from there.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, there's a probably a good reason why they ultimately decided to not recast him despite all the production delays but we'll probably never know the full story unless somebody asks Feige on the press tour for Wakanda Forever. I obviously can't speak for you or anyone else here, but you have to keep in mind that WANTING BP to be recasted in a recent mindset.
    Recast bugs started day one.

Give you an example-Creed. After that movie was proven to be a HIT-did you know what was the FIRST thing I heard floating around (and it wasn't on Twitter).
    "If Creed 2 gets greenlighted-it NEEDS to be about his WIFE not HIM."
    Creed 2 gets greenlighted.
    "Needs to be about HER not him."

Stranger Things-kill off Lucas and have his sister hang with Eleven and the boys and Max. Yes there were calls for that.

Blade 3 was nothing more than a stealth movie for Ryan Reynolds and the gang.

Some of this mess is NOT done by accident.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Legit shocked that 3 of the last 4 Marvel movies (and tbf No Way Home is Sony) are in the 70s or less on Rotten Tomatoes...

Feige is counting on Black Panther 2 or this year has been a disappointment.

Its not too late to reshoot a scene or two Feige...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Legit shocked that 3 of the last 4 Marvel movies (and tbf No Way Home is Sony) are in the 70s or less on Rotten Tomatoes...

Similar to NWH, I imagine the "extra stuff" will drive the RT score up

(NWH wasn't that good......)

Marvel is simply stretched too far. But if they make the same amount of money per project, why would they pull back?

Right now, they can make a BIllino with SM, 900mil with DS, and keep subsriber numbers up by pumping out TV shows every couple months.

They have zero incentive to pull back on anything.

This is why whining on twitter or whatnot accomplishes nothing. Only money matters.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

MCU Phase 4 doesn't have the "quality control" of the previous movies.

Thor 4 looks far too comedic and I'm actually happy that critics are calling them out on this. I liked Ragnarok but Thor 4 looks like it's treating almost everything like a joke which is an odd choice given the stories the movie is adapting (God Butcher and Mighty Thor run).

Apart from NWH (which I think was one of Marvel's absolute best), I've not been so impressed with phase 4. Shang-Chi was barely ok to me (the ending of that movie killed it for me, I didn't need all that kaiju nonsense), and I didn't like Black Widow so much (the ending was disappointing too). Eternals was Marvel trying to do something different but people don't want different (they also don't want dull which Eternals was). Dr. Strange 2 was good but it could have been better and tighter (that was definitely a case of giving the director too much power), the film ultimately didn't feel like a Dr. Strange movie.

The thing is Waititi and Raimi are oddball directors and are in many ways polar opposites to Ryan Coogler. Coogler is far more serious with his work and he doesn't lean into the goofiness that a lot of phase 4 movies have. It still doesn't mean I will watch BP 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Similar to NWH, I imagine the "extra stuff" will drive the RT score up

(NWH wasn't that good......)

Marvel is simply stretched too far. But if they make the same amount of money per project, why would they pull back?

Right now, they can make a BIllino with SM, 900mil with DS, and keep subsriber numbers up by pumping out TV shows every couple months.

They have zero incentive to pull back on anything.

This is why whining on twitter or whatnot accomplishes nothing. Only money matters.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-05-2022 at 11:17 AM.

No Way Home is unique in that I dont think its a great movie, but it perfectly nailed what it was trying to be.

In terms of quality just making a grounded T'Challa vs Achebe might have been the way to go in terms of quality.

Instead its Namor and Riri and Aneka and Attuma and Lucia Von Bardas (Doom's girl)

So much excess. How is the story itself?
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-05-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

No Way Home is unique in that I dont think its a great movie, but it perfectly nailed what it was trying to be.
    Yes. The Spider-man "Home" series is probably the only Marvel series where we see the central character "grow" across the movies.

They made very, VERY bold decisions around the direction of the character that I really appreciate. Not many movies can balance an ensemble cast the way Watts did in that movie (it wasn't an accident the movie had a lot of close-ups of Tom Holland's face, it was clear that the focus was on his development despite the rather large cast). It wasn't perfect but it did what it set out to do.

Thor seems to have regressed (after excellent development in the Infinity Saga), Captain America was always the same and Iron Man became Iron Man in the first movie and stayed the same until his death. Dr. Strange has not changed at all after the first movie and Star-Lord is another one that experienced development but became a complete "chud" in the Infinity Saga.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-05-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Recast bugs started day one.

Give you an example-Creed. After that movie was proven to be a HIT-did you know what was the FIRST thing I heard floating around (and it wasn't on Twitter).
    "If Creed 2 gets greenlighted-it NEEDS to be about his WIFE not HIM."
    Creed 2 gets greenlighted.
    "Needs to be about HER not him."

Stranger Things-kill off Lucas and have his sister hang with Eleven and the boys and Max. Yes there were calls for that.

Blade 3 was nothing more than a stealth movie for Ryan Reynolds and the gang.

Some of this mess is NOT done by accident.
    Yep, there were calls from DAY ONE that Shuri should be the next BP.

The "shift the mantle" movement didn't start with Boseman's death.

I haven't been enthused by most of the post-Endgame films. Even NWH lost me with the "Parker Luck" ending. Of the last few films, only Shang-Chi really appealed, and that was due to my fondness for '70s kung fu flicks.

Oddly, it's the Disney+ shows that have been more entertaining to me. Maybe because Feige & co. don't feel the need to make them epic "Phase 4" tentpoles?

How is that they can have a BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA and yet I feel nothing about it. Is it cause of how Sam is portrayed? Maybe Nate Moore working on the film? Either way its crazy how I have so little interest in that character. Killing of T'Challa doesnt help, but there seems to be something missing with the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    MCU Phase 4 doesn't have the "quality control" of the previous movies.

Thor 4 looks far too comedic and I'm actually happy that critics are calling them out on this. I liked Ragnarok but Thor 4 looks like it's treating almost everything like a joke which is an odd choice given the stories the movie is adapting (God Butcher and Mighty Thor run).

Apart from NWH (which I think was one of Marvel's absolute best), I've not been so impressed with phase 4. Shang-Chi was barely ok to me (the ending of that movie killed it for me, I didn't need all that kaiju nonsense), and I didn't like Black Widow so much (the ending was disappointing too). Eternals was Marvel trying to do something different but people don't want different (they also don't want dull which Eternals was). Dr. Strange 2 was good but it could have been better and tighter (that was definitely a case of giving the director too much power), the film ultimately didn't feel like a Dr. Strange movie.

The thing is Waititi and Raimi are oddball directors and are in many ways polar opposites to Ryan Coogler. Coogler is far more serious with his work and he doesn't lean into the goofiness that a lot of phase 4 movies have. It still doesn't mean I will watch BP 2 though.
    And there lies your double edged sword. Because he is so serious is why we are about to most likely get some depressing ass standard Black suffering isht if he actually goes through with killing T'Challa. Not saying he needs to add comedy but the biggiest thing the BP franchise desperately needs is excellence and upliftment.we don't need a Harrowing tale for BP WF because we already deal with those stories everyday. We need something of rising up. And hope and positive showings and I dont mean some bullisht of Shuri carrying on T'Challas will or his son or whatever other BS to dance around NOT having T'Challa in his own damn franchise

Gahtdamnit. I've long been against Boyega being T'Challa. However, for the first time I kinda see it.
    https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/statu...56585836724225

At least maybe Star T'Challa (ironically)