Page 308 of 955 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That Roided out rhino knocked him atleast 30 meters and then he got the ground and slammed into a rock so Namor is going to hit like that, OR he is going to hit like the vibranium trains. Either way fighting Namor is going to require a Level of fighting prowess Shuri completely lacks, and the only way to do it is going to either Job T'Challa, or Namor, or most likely both because Marvel on it's infinite wisdom has written themselves into a corner in universe and out of universe.

This movie is about to be a mess and no amount of actors going on and on about how it's going to honor Chad is going to fix it. The fact thats all they can say and nothing else to me points that they don't have alot of faith in the movie being anything more than a profiting off Chad's death. Snake Moore did his part in bringing the franchise down instead of helping Coogler and showing why T'Challa is so important.
    I could see them making Namor into one of those characters that "Is really strong but doesn't have any actual fighting skills." A trope that doesn't make sense half the time. Namor has probably had to fight other people just as powerful as he is.

"Um, he's not good on land?" I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I could see them making Namor into one of those characters that "Is really strong but doesn't have any actual fighting skills." A trope that doesn't make sense half the time. Namor has probably had to fight other people just as powerful as he is.

"Um, he's not good on land?" I suppose.
    Yeah that means nothing though. Hulk is that way too. And those types of characters also are extremely durable on top of it. Plus Shuri can't fight for isht either so it's cancels out that advantage. Finally Namor rules Atlantis. They may not be the warrior nation that Wakanda is but I doubt that none of them know how to fight or they would have a ruler who can't defend themselves.

Plus, like MoS has said, the MCU has a very rigid power scaling system in place. Team Wakanda doesn't have anything to take on Namor with currently from what we have seen other than the habit but that still requires skill to use it properly. And even then it can only take so much direct damage

Astonishing Member

Y’all are making this more complicated than it needs to be lol. They’re probably just gonna nerf Namor and have the Wakandans do some prep. Namor has a good chance of being written solidly below the likes of Thor and Captain Marvel, all you need to do is have some Dora Milaje wearing powered armor distract him long enough for Shuri to land a decisive blow. And that’s assuming the narrative requires he needs to be defeated, Disney’s not killing off their new premier Latino hero in a black movie lol. They may very well just have him skirmish once or twice with the Wakandans which have no clear victor then have them team up to put down a larger threat. Or they might do something like Doctor Strange 2, where the big bad needs to be negotiated with.

T’Challa isn’t even that smart in the MCU, Shuri would’ve ended up inventing the tech that dries Namor out or somehow incapacitates him anyway, Disney just cut out the middleman and are having her apply the tech herself. She’ll probably come up with the strategy too lol. It’s not that big a hurdle, whatever T’Challa would’ve done to beat Namor will be more of a team effort than it likely already was.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Y’all are making this more complicated than it needs to be lol. They’re probably just gonna nerf Namor and have the Wakandans do some prep. Namor has a good chance of being written solidly below the likes of Thor and Captain Marvel, all you need to do is have some Dora Milaje wearing powered armor distract him long enough for Shuri to land a decisive blow. And that’s assuming the narrative requires he needs to be defeated, Disney’s not killing off their new premier Latino hero in a black movie lol. They may very well just have him skirmish once or twice with the Wakandans which have no clear victor then have them team up to put down a larger threat. Or they might do something like Doctor Strange 2, where the big bad needs to be negotiated with.

T’Challa isn’t even that smart in the MCU, Shuri would’ve ended up inventing the tech that dries Namor out or somehow incapacitates him anyway, Disney just cut out the middleman and are having her apply the tech herself. She’ll probably come up with the strategy too lol. It’s not that big a hurdle, whatever T’Challa would’ve done to beat Namor will be more of a team effort than it likely already was.
    With T'Challa gone I'm just expecting her to suddenly inherit the rest of comic T'Challa's traits. She's already the genius polymath Coogler will probably toss her the strategic and prep side now. Ending up outsmarting him to beat him. Shuri and Riri will probably build a suit that can fight him with whatever tech Riri apparently invents that starts the conflict with Namor.

Then marvel comics will fall over themselves rushing to take away T’Challa’s strategic traits and give them to Shuri because synergy. I Can’t wait!

After they’ve robbed T’Challa of all his traits, they’ll point to shuri and say "look! She can do things so much better than him"

They’re already doing this but just imagine it x100

5 Dora's vs Erik got their isht rocked. And Erik ain't that strong lol. They are going to HEAVILY nerf Namor for this to make sense all because they want to profit off Chads death. Obviously Namor isnt going to die but he is going to get heavily nerfed and he isn't going to get any sort of decisive hits on any of the characters because they are female and showing a super powered man beating on women, ESPECIALLY no powered women.

So they have built in plot armor from that alone. Coupled with the fact that I don't doubt that all of a sudden Wakanda will not only NOT need it's protector anymore, but will then be shown to THRIVE without a BP. It's just going to be very messy. What would of been an interesting battle between two super powered kings, is now going to turn into a joke of OC Fanfiction with exploitation mixed in to prevent criticism and profit off IRL Black death

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Then marvel comics will fall over themselves rushing to take away T’Challa’s strategic traits and give them to Shuri because synergy. I Can’t wait!
    There are even rumours that the movie will be called Wakanda Forever instead of Black Panther WF so yeah there are going to be a lot of changes for this franchise in the coming future. Hopefully we can survive them all or not lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There are even rumours that the movie will be called Wakanda Forever instead of Black Panther WF so yeah there are going to be a lot of changes for this franchise in the coming future. Hopefully we can survive them all or not lol!

That’s Feige’s dumb vision. And he’s so proud of himself for having this epiphany. “It’s about Wakanda”, I believe he said. I can’t wait to see his idea fail.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    5 Dora's vs Erik got their isht rocked. And Erik ain't that strong lol. They are going to HEAVILY nerf Namor for this to make sense all because they want to profit off Chads death. Obviously Namor isnt going to die but he is going to get heavily nerfed and he isn't going to get any sort of decisive hits on any of the characters because they are female and showing a super powered man beating on women, ESPECIALLY no powered women.

So they have built in plot armor from that alone. Coupled with the fact that I don't doubt that all of a sudden Wakanda will not only NOT need it's protector anymore, but will then be shown to THRIVE without a BP. It's just going to be very messy. What would of been an interesting battle between two super powered kings, is now going to turn into a joke of OC Fanfiction with exploitation mixed in to prevent criticism and profit off IRL Black death
    You know how they do lol just make the suits more powerful than they are in the comics. And Killmonger had the benefit of being the best warrior in the kingdom outside T’Challa himself. If the Dora’s Midnight Angel armor lets them tank hits from Namor while keeping up with his movements, 5 of them should be enough to distract him for a few seconds for Shuri to blast him with whatever device her/Riri make.

That said, Namor most likely getting nerfed like most characters in the MCU are. The difference might be more drastic than folks are used to. And you do make a point about Namor beating on women lmao But Killmonger shot his girlfriend and killed one with his sword so it’s possible they find a workaround for Namor. I’m sure the trident won’t just be for show if they really do wanna show him brutalizing Wakandan forces. I’m not even sure it gets to that point tho.

Are they really going to push that even though he's not actually Latino? Unless they change Namor's origin up but that feels disingenuous.

(So much for their actual Latino heroes).

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    After they’ve robbed T’Challa of all his traits, they’ll point to shuri and say "look! She can do things so much better than him"

They’re already doing this but just imagine it x100
    And then they’ll go out of their way to downplay her in favor of propping up T’Challa Jr. and if anyone complains we’ll just remind them “it’s just a mantle” and “honor Chadwick”. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are they really going to push that even though he's not actually Latino? Unless they change Namor's origin up but that feels disingenuous.

(So much for their actual Latino heroes).
    what YES yes they are, they're doing it NOW. To differentiate him from Aquaman they're basing Atlantis/Lemuris/whatever name they decided to call it instead on Mayan culture.

They WILL push him as a latino hero/anti-hero. Kinda funny this is where they decide to say comics be damned, though.

Even worse, Namor is in a similar position as the Hulk regarding Universal holding on to movie rights/making things complicated, so he can only show up in other folks' movies. Don't be surprised if he'll pop up again in a BP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    what YES yes they are, they're doing it NOW. To differentiate him from Aquaman they're basing Atlantis/Lemuris/whatever name they decided to call it instead on Mayan culture.

They WILL push him as a latino hero/anti-hero. Kinda funny this is where they decide to say comics be damned, though.

Even worse, Namor is in a similar position as the Hulk regarding Universal holding on to movie rights/making things complicated, so he can only show up in other folks' movies. Don't be surprised if he'll pop up again in a BP3.
    I feel bad for Marvel's actual Latino heroes. I mean, they just introduced America Chavez but they also canceled the Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel bad for Marvel's actual Latino heroes. I mean, they just introduced America Chavez but they also canceled the Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider show.
    I've been keeping an eye on any Captain America 4 news...I have a theory she'll be in it and in the end Sam will give up the mantle to her. I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am, but...kinda seems par for the course at this point.

Ah and what about El Muerto! All 5 of his fans will be happy to see him on the big screen soon!