Page 641 of 955 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 14314

I'm so tired of "everyone can wear the mask."

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    I was mostly being a jerk haha. But in all seriousness, with the right writing, the right direction, Chadwick would have EASILY given us that. I think we can all agree he would have killed it, and he definitely did, with what he had to work with. Like you mentioned that fan film was clearly made by people that are passionate about the character.
    Chad WANTED a more priest like T'Challa, he said as much on an interview that he wanted to channel a more planning and scheming T'Challa going forward. TRULY a shame we will never get that from him

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    461k likes 33k dislikes, I guess that's within safe range.

Not paying to see a funeral though. Oh wait, a funeral plus a new character that will shine in another character's movie (we all know Namor isn't the villain but Attuma is, heck Namor's probably being manipulated BY Attuma).

If ya'll want to though, have fun. Seriously, have fun. I just can't. Maybe when it comes on regular TV.
    I dont have youtube premium. Whats the ratio for the Teaser trailer.

I think a lot of dislikes are because Shuri is the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But everyone CAN wear the mask! You can wear the mask, I can wear the mask, the stray dog down the street can wear the mask...

Fingers crossed Everett Ross suits up in the movie!

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Chad WANTED a more priest like T'Challa, he said as much on an interview that he wanted to channel a more planning and scheming T'Challa going forward. TRULY a shame we will never get that from him
    Without a doubt man. He would have knocked it out of the park. Recommend checking out the rest of that fan film if you haven't already. It's a four-parter. Has probably the best live-action take on T'Challa/Ororo we'll ever get as well. Disney-Marvel is slipping. Never say never, I guess.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-03-2022 at 12:03 PM.

This, I think, will be my final word on the Panther film:

"O what a circus! O what a show
    All Wakanda has gone to town
    Over the death of the Panther and King T'Challa.
    We've all gone crazy
    Mourning all day and mourning all night
    Falling over ourselves to get all of the misery right!"

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56xwT8LZ4g

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's the thing, coming up with original is identities is hard and time-consuming since Marvel immediately wants to give them movie and TV deals.

Better to just take an already existing superheroic identity and just spread it around to a bunch of people banking on their brand name.

Its why Swordmaster is currently Ironfist. Lin Lie provides absolutely no benefit to the IF brand, everything being done is more to prop up his portfolio than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I dont have youtube premium. Whats the ratio for the Teaser trailer.

I think a lot of dislikes are because Shuri is the lead.
    I don't either. I have a Firefox addon that disables the script that Youtube uses to hide the dislikes. That's all it is, a simple script, its not baked in (yet).

But everyone CAN wear the mask! You can wear the mask, I can wear the mask, the stray dog down the street can wear the mask...

Fingers crossed Everett Ross suits up in the movie!
    It's comic accurate! In Priest run, Ross wears the habit! Therefore we DEMAND that he suits up!! That's how this works Right? Use the comics only when it suits us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Here's the thing, coming up with original is identities is hard and time-consuming since Marvel immediately wants to give them movie and TV deals.
    So basically Marvel is the only place you can fail upwards it sounds. Nowhere else is "hard and time-consuming" a legitimate excuse not to do a good job. "Gee I could do a classic hero's journey but that's...hard and time consuming."

Better to just take an already existing superheroic identity and just spread it around to a bunch of people banking on their brand name.
    How successful has that been though? And since that's Marvel's go-to nowadays "Mantle Fatigue" or whatever it will be called will eventually set in.

Ultimate Member

I don't either. I have a Firefox addon that disables the script that Youtube uses to hide the dislikes. That's all it is, a simple script, its not baked in (yet).

I'm reading that the movie has crashed some ticket sites.

I expect the movie to make a ton of money. I don't think it'll do the $1.3 bn the first one did but it's going to clean out.

It's hard but I really don't want to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's comic accurate! In Priest run, Ross wears the habit! Therefore we DEMAND that he suits up!!
    Did you just spoil Black Panther 3? You just spoiled Black Panther 3!

That's how this works Right? Use the comics only when it suits us?
    Basically. Shuri died in the comics, doubt they'll ever use that.

Ultimate Member

I suspect Shuri in the movie will use some sort of mechanical suit.

The first BP had Killmonger burn all the heart-shaped herb, so she can't have the natural BP abilities.

I'm just keeping hope that Shuri will be a temporary BP and somehow we get "a" T'Challa back. I don't know how but I'm just hoping.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So basically Marvel is the only place you can fail upwards it sounds. Nowhere else is "hard and time-consuming" a legitimate excuse not to do a good job. "Gee I could do a classic hero's journey but that's...hard and time consuming."

How successful has that been though? And since that's Marvel's go-to nowadays "Mantle Fatigue" or whatever it will be called will eventually set in.
    This is prolly an extention of the modern issue of companies using comic books as IP farms for adaptations than as avenues for their own stories but that runs into the issue that new characters take time to build themselves, stories, mythologies, and characters and what not.

Spider-Man has 60 years of material to draw from while Kamala Khan has only around 10 years. Tellingly the main villains for Kamala's shows were generic no-name government assholes and an obscure unrelated group of characters completely retooled into in name only versions in an attempt to give her "origin villains"

This is also an issue that ties to Black Panther has several of the stuff the movies are intent on focusing on are either rather recent additions to the mythos (Shuri) or markedly different from how they were portrayed in older stories (Dora Milaje)

Like they are never gonna use the Dora Milaje stuff from the Priest run where they are explicitly barely legal young women who expected to wed their older king. Ross' comments about them early on definitely did not age well.........
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-03-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This, I think, will be my final word on the Panther film:

"O what a circus! O what a show
    All Wakanda has gone to town
    Over the death of the Panther and King T'Challa.
    We've all gone crazy
    Mourning all day and mourning all night
    Falling over ourselves to get all of the misery right!"

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56xwT8LZ4g
    That last line...appropriate. The rush to sadness.