Page 647 of 955 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 14314
    Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    lol

I’m just offering my opinion dude, there’s plenty of things I dislike about plenty of the marvel films as well
    No worries. I think we all just want quality content. We're paying for it. Wasn't being a dick when I said I hope people do enjoy it. As a Panther fan first and foremost it's just not for me.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

exactly and I think this is all I was trying to say, we’re all fans of T’Challa here

but I think all of us fans to often forget that Coogler, and all of the actors who worked with Boseman are also fans of the character and of Boseman’s portrayal

who said anything about it being definitive?

obviously some people are not going to like it, I was responding to claims about it ignoring canon and the claims that the people making the film are not being respectful of Boseman, the people making the film personally knew Chadwick Boseman so obviously they are trying their best at making a film that would be respectful of him and his portrayal of T’Challa
    Well those are legit claim's. Mainly because in their idea to respect Chad, they are doing the opposite of what he has said in life and ignoring his families words, who know him better than they do by a long short and are the ones who actually live with the loss more then just when it comes time to film.

exactly and I think this is all I was trying to say, we’re all fans of T’Challa here

but I think all of us fans to often forget that Coogler, and all of the actors who worked with Boseman are also fans of the character and of Boseman’s portrayal
    I think this part here is the true part of it, more then anything else. I don't know if they are big fans of the character because they changed so much and took his biggiest traits and have them to others. And given how quickly Coogler was able to decide not to Recast, that reinforces that they care about Chad's portrayal and not so much the character

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think this part here is the true part of it, more then anything else. I don't know if they are big fans of the character because they changed so much and took his biggiest traits and have them to others. And given how quickly Coogler was able to decide not to Recast, that reinforces that they care about Chad's portrayal and not so much the character
    Exactly what I was alluding to. No one expects to see something like, for example, Hudlin's, T'Challa on the big screen. The powers that be just aren't going to sell that. What they will sell is what they are trying to at this point in time. And no one can sit here and tell me right now the cast and crew are fans of anything without having irrefutable evidence that they are haha. I'm just not going to buy that. From Coogler, or Nate Moore, or anyone else involved.

Recast T'Challa and T'Challa have been trending for consecutive days since the trailer released

they knew him personally dude, it’s not for you or me to question whether or not they cared about Boseman personally, obviously they did

they knew him personally dude, it’s not for you or me to question whether or not they cared about Boseman personally, obviously they did
    But...we CAN question that haha. And really should. I hear your point. I just can't get behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Recast T'Challa and T'Challa have been trending for consecutive days since the trailer released
    People are really taking notice

how can you question it when you didn’t know Boseman personally and they did?

the people making the film actually knew Chadwick Boseman, they obviously are trying to make a film that is respectful and honorable of his portrayal of the character, of course eventually they could recast the character but obviously they felt like it was to soon right now

and assuming Shuri is the new Black Panther, that doesn’t break canon at all, so they aren’t ignoring anything
    They're ignoring the fact that black panther AKA t'challa did not die in the comics in order for a new female character to gain importance. Also, his close friends and family "knew" him. They worked with him for one movie.

who said anything about it being definitive?

obviously some people are not going to like it, I was responding to claims about it ignoring canon and the claims that the people making the film are not being respectful of Boseman, the people making the film personally knew Chadwick Boseman so obviously they are trying their best at making a film that would be respectful of him and his portrayal of T’Challa
    While also trying to keep their schedule from being interrupted by his death and shift Focus to new characters that they can profit off of with the franchise. Let's give the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They're ignoring the fact that black panther AKA t'challa did not die in the comics in order for a new female character to gain importance. Also, his close friends and family "knew" him. They worked with him for one movie.
    It's almost like family + close friends > cast. Hmm...

how can you question it when you didn’t know Boseman personally and they did?
    Based on what he said himself before his passing. Comments made by his family. That holds more weight to me than people he worked with for a handful of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It's almost like family + close friends > cast. Hmm...
    How many of his family/close friends have spoken on the recast issue? Also people can grow cloelde with coworkers all the time. Let's not downplay how they might feel, considering we're talking about a real person who died here.