Page 322 of 955 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)
    *Sigh*

The red flags were there when T’Challa was fighting that agent. That’s not the level that a non-Coates written T’Challa operates anymore.

I’m so sick of this ****. I was thinking that maybe Ridley wants to showcase how good and resourceful T’Chlla was without the suit, but it’s the exact opposite.

Marvel should give the BP book to Redjack. It’s so bad now that I actually prefer what Aaron is doing with him in Avengers.

We need to start a period to get Redjack on the book lol seriously though this is just nuts that we have to suffer through garbage back to back like this. How many years are we going to have to wait befotwr get awesome awesome awesome T'Challa again?

“He (Chadwick) was the glue that held everything together.”
    -Winston Duke

As it turns out when he said everything he meant everything.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “He (Chadwick) was the glue that held everything together.”
    -Winston Duke

As it turns out when he said everything he meant everything.
    Yeah and so now Coogler is going to ruin an entire franchise because he wasn't given time to grieve and he *Thinks* that killing off a fictional character who has existed long before he or Chad were born yet because Chad passed is somehow Honoring the hard work and dedication Chad put into bringing T'Challa to life.

The most damaging thing to do to these characters he is going to do because no one stopped and said wait. Young black boys and black men are going to suffer seeing someone who looks like them die and be smacked with IRL isht in a franchise about escapism and black excellence.

Not only was Chad the glue, he apparently was the only forward thinking person involved in the movie who realized what Tchalla means to people and how showing positivity with Black folks is so important

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    *Sigh*

The red flags were there when T’Challa was fighting that agent. That’s not the level that a non-Coates written T’Challa operates anymore.

I’m so sick of this ****. I was thinking that maybe Ridley wants to showcase how good and resourceful T’Chlla was without the suit, but it’s the exact opposite.

Marvel should give the BP book to Redjack. It’s so bad now that I actually prefer what Aaron is doing with him in Avengers.
    Liss depowered street level T'challa beat the living piss out of Hunter, who is the HZ supreme.

Now, powered T'challa gets beat up by his redshirts.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I passed this sign on a road trip and had to stop and snap a pic. Guess I'm in Wakanda now.
    Attachment 121422
    Somebody was a fan .

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    *Sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Liss depowered street level T'challa beat the living piss out of Hunter, who is the HZ supreme.

Now, powered T'challa gets beat up by his redshirts.

We went from beating the F4, exchanging blows with Namor, outwitting Mephisto, ripping Klaw apart, trashing Superskrulls and defeating their army to struggling against an army of ill-equipped redshirts, struggling against an injured OC that he trained, needing help to deal with Klaw, and needing to be rescued from the Hatute Zeraze who he used to regularly beat.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    We went from beating the F4, exchanging blows with Namor, outwitting Mephisto, ripping Klaw apart, trashing Superskrulls and defeating their army to struggling against an army of ill-equipped redshirts, struggling against an injured OC that he trained, needing help to deal with Klaw, and needing to be rescued from the Hatute Zeraze who he used to regularly beat.
    All while someone like Ewing writes him for an event and he wins a swordfight against a dude named Swordmaster.

This is just painful man

And it is doubly painful that... THE STORIES ARENT EVEN ANY GOOD lol

Like GD, can't get good action, can't get good dialogue, can't get any feats... and the story is crap. Juts painful
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It really makes you wonder how did the most technologically advanced nation on earth where only the greatest martial and most brilliant minded warriors are worthy to lead the nation, manage to survive this long when the GOAT BP is struggling against such... Trash?

Hell even Tochi, whos ishtty Alt origin story had T'Challa beating down the HZ BEFORE he was even powered, AND he managed to Still get to the challenge day, beat the challenger and then defeat his uncle... All without the help of the HSH and no habit. Yet now as he is powered the HZ are beating him down?

Can marvel NOT hire ishtty writers who somehow believe that the redshirts of Wakanda can somehow stand against T'Challa? It's getting old

Ewing had T'challa dicing up the hulk like he was making stir fry but here he's getting pummelled by redshirts. Smh

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah and so now Coogler is going to ruin an entire franchise because he wasn't given time to grieve and he *Thinks* that killing off a fictional character who has existed long before he or Chad were born yet because Chad passed is somehow Honoring the hard work and dedication Chad put into bringing T'Challa to life.

The most damaging thing to do to these characters he is going to do because no one stopped and said wait. Young black boys and black men are going to suffer seeing someone who looks like them die and be smacked with IRL isht in a franchise about escapism and black excellence.

Not only was Chad the glue, he apparently was the only forward thinking person involved in the movie who realized what Tchalla means to people and how showing positivity with Black folks is so important
    Its sad man.

I've posted before, but I always think about this interview.

Chad had such a grasp and vision for the character. I get sad man.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It really makes you wonder how did the most technologically advanced nation on earth where only the greatest martial and most brilliant minded warriors are worthy to lead the nation, manage to survive this long when the GOAT BP is struggling against such... Trash?

Hell even Tochi, whos ishtty Alt origin story had T'Challa beating down the HZ BEFORE he was even powered, AND he managed to Still get to the challenge day, beat the challenger and then defeat his uncle... All without the help of the HSH and no habit. Yet now as he is powered the HZ are beating him down?

Can marvel NOT hire ishtty writers who somehow believe that the redshirts of Wakanda can somehow stand against T'Challa? It's getting old
    Removing my like of Coates work.

Can I ask yall deep question? Seeing people prop up Ewing and Hickman.

Has it gotten to the point where someone that is not black is the main writer for the character? I think the source is so great for T'Challa/Wakanda that you can easily get lost focusing on other things or stuff that's personal to you. Respectfully, a white writer or non black writer probably isn't going to think too deeply about Wakanda and the supplementary parts. Instead will likely just focus on T'Challa itself and keep that first and foremost.

The material lends itself to exploring other topics and themes making T'Challa less critical. Maybe it's time to have someone who might be a bit detached from those kinds of exploratory things and just interested in seeing T'Challa win.

Redjack did well obviously. However, Marvel seems to not have a grasp on who to pick for their projects.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-28-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Has it gotten to the point where someone that is not black is the main writer for the character? I think the source is so great for T'Challa/Wakanda that you can easily get lost focusing on other things or stuff that's personal to you. Respectfully, a white writer or non black writer probably isn't going to think too deeply about Wakanda and the supplementary parts. Instead will likely just focus on T'Challa itself and keep that first and foremost.

Redjack did well obviously. However, Marvel seems to not have a grasp on who to pick for their projects.
    Too many black writers want to prove a character is black and go down that rabbit hole of trying to prove as we saw with Coates and others.

G Willow Wilson had ZERO issue showing other parts of Wakanda in Ms Marvel with Bruno and Panther's nephew.

Nor did Tom Deflaco in Fantastic Force nor Gregory Wright in Deathlok.

If you told a white writer to show Wakanda and its parts-they would probably show it.

Show it how it links to T'Challa.

In other words if they wanted to do a Panther and Miles Morales story-they would mention Wakanda had some program inside Mile's school to justify someone from Wakanda being there.

The material lends itself to exploring other topics and themes making T'Challa less critical. Maybe it's time to have someone who might be a bit detached from those kinds of exploratory things and just interested in seeing T'Challa win.

Kirby & Macgregor did well enough. I can understand wanting to give an authentic version of BIPOC/LGBT/Latinx/whatever experience, and therefore hiring people that share that perspective.

The problem becomes when you forget that none of these writers (black or otherwise) happen to be the hereditary ruler of an ancient kingdom.

So their perspective doesn't really apply.

It 1000% has nothing to do with the color of their skin, and everything to do with their thoughts and feelings on a character, and how much they are going to let personal beliefs and biased affect the writing.

We have had some solid showings from Ewing, JA and Hickman in recent years, but we also got frakkery from people like Nick Spencer and Bendis. Just like we had GREAT writing from Redjack, and a decent showing from Narcisse.

So race doesn't matter. It's about the individuals themselves. We already have a black writer who had proven multiple times that he gets T'Challa and do right by him. For some reason though marvel ain't calling him back