Page 631 of 955 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is why i pop in when a new comic comes out and leave by friday lol.
    How's that poll going on Reddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    See this is my problem because it looks like the man had to die for the women to rise. it's not saying that but lets not act like marvel has ANY movie with a black female lead in a solo role but "yes they rising on chadwick grave." no sir. *steps out thread* Also that pink subliminal coloring on text of the other cover wasn't lost on me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See this is my problem because it looks like the man had to die for the women to rise. it's not saying that but lets not act like marvel has ANY movie with a black female lead in a solo role but "yes they rising on chadwick grave." no sir. *steps out thread* Also that pink subliminal coloring on text of the other cover wasn't lost on me.
    And I could understand if the first movie the black women didnt shine or didnt get meaningful roles. However, they did. I dont knock Lupita's comment cause its true about other Hollywood stuff. However, she has to be careful with her words here cause people can interpret this it wasnt the case with the 1st film. Or if they wanted to recast T'Challa it would be "sideling black women" Both got men and women to shine in the last film. And be careful to not play into the "dont need black men narrative. "

Black Panther 2 News
    @bpanthernews
    “We get to see them be fully human. That’s something that, as Black women, we are often not afforded on-screen. And there are so many female characters. All too often in these movies, there’s a token one or two. Here, you’re seeing a community.”

Incredible Member

Emmanuel (E-Man) Noisette - #RecastTChalla
    @EmansReviews
    Excuse me? 🤨 When was this considered? It wasn't too soon? Wouldn't this tarnish the legacy ....never mind. 😒

#RecastTChalla #SaveTChalla
    Quote Tweet
    DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    ·
    32m
    Harrison Ford reportedly is or was Marvel’s top choice to star as General Ross in ‘THUNDERBOLTS’.

He is not currently cast in the film but it’s unclear if he’s already passed on the role.
    No words...

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    No words...
    Rhodey and Sam Wilson are getting films. Thats enough for them to not recast T'Challa.

And I could understand if the first movie the black women didnt shine or didnt get meaningful roles. However, they did. I dont knock Lupita's comment cause its true about other Hollywood stuff. However, she has to be careful with her words here cause people can interpret this it wasnt the case with the 1st film. Or if they wanted to recast T'Challa it would be "sideling black women" Both got men and women to shine in the last film. And be careful to not play into the "dont need black men narrative. "
    This remind me of the line from Viola where she is calling out movies to feature more prominent roles for Black women in movies and listed BP as if it didn't heavily feature black women in prominent roles with agency.

And the problem is they don't seem to Notice or care that all they are doing is substitution. Instead of both getting shine it's comes off like "It's our turn to shine now"

i'm just finding it hard to believe these black women, these mature black women aren't catching that it looks like they literally have to stand on the grave of as far as i know what they all called a great dude to support the appearance of this rise happening. I am like truly flabbergasted. and that doesn't happen often. Like how can you say black men need to elevate but you are standing on the man saying "it's our time to shine." like i'm stunned. Like why isn't this a Rowanda or Shuri movie showing things from their perspective if this is really about creating a space for black women to shine. Ya'll literally had to step into a black dude mantle for a moment. Marvel would not give you your own. This is prime us vs. us.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-29-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Meh, if there’s anything good coming out of the Thunderbolt Ross rumor is that people are starting to notice a double standard. Hell even Grace Randolph (of all people) thinks recasting Ross is a bad idea if they don’t also recast T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This remind me of the line from Viola where she is calling out movies to feature more prominent roles for Black women in movies and listed BP as if it didn't heavily feature black women in prominent roles with agency.

And the problem is they don't seem to Notice or care that all they are doing is substitution. Instead of both getting shine it's comes off like "It's our turn to shine now"
    Exactly. They are feeding the substitution angle. Wright said at comic con Wakanda Forever will show female empowerment. Like that wasnt the case in the 1st film.
    Ryan Coogler even went so far as to strip away T'Challa's feats and attributes to highlight the women. Wakanda/first film was about black men and women needing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i'm just finding it hard to believe these black women, these mature black women aren't catching that it looks like they literally have to stand on the grave of as far as i know what they all called a great dude to support the appearance of this rise happening. I am like truly flabbergasted. and that doesn't happen often. Like how can you say black men need to elevate but you are standing on the man saying "it's our time to shine." like i'm stunned. Like why isn't this a Rowanda or Shuri movie showing things from their perspective if this is really about creating a space for black women to shine. Ya'll literally had to step into a black dude mantle for a moment. Marvel would not give you your own. This is prime us vs. us.
    I mean I believe them. The thing is as actors and spotlight..they are going to take it and enjoy what comes with it. I believe they truly were shaken up by the events. But as Wright just said she had been looking forward to being Black Panther one day. Lupita is going to embrace getting more shine, etc.

Now again thats on Marvel for making that decision. I just think they gotta be careful saying certain things.

I mean I believe them. The thing is as actors and spotlight..they are going to take it and enjoy what comes with it. I believe they truly were shaken up by the events. But as Wright just said she had been looking forward to being Black Panther one day. Lupita is going to embrace getting more shine, etc.

Now again thats on Marvel for making that decision. I just think they gotta be careful saying certain things.
    All i remember is chad talking up ALL his female cast. All i remember is the mah rainey interviews, which i think that was the one from the guy who name i can't remember but i think he was in different world as jalesa husband that was in the army.and this isn't the man you do this on his back. Like i didn't know him but that makes me more emotional than i expect. it just feels so wrong like in ever fiber of my being.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Rhodey and Sam Wilson are getting films. Thats enough for them to not recast T'Challa.
    No one gives AF about those jabroni side salads. The racism is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    No one gives AF about those jabroni side salads. The racism is real.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I’m actually happy Don Cheadle is getting his own solo film as Rhodey. But the lack of T’Challa is still very disappointing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I’m actually happy Don Cheadle is getting his own solo film as Rhodey. But the lack of T’Challa is still very disappointing.
    I want to be happy, but I noticed immediately even when it was in the planning stages as a series, if his character's [code]name isn't in the title its not really his. They're not calling Sam Wilson's movie simply "New World Order".

Seeing the two threads on it, it reminded me of the old days when the first Black Panther movie was announced: everyone was saying it should guest star everyone directly and tangentially related to the story (Vision, Machine Man, etc) to the point Rhodey's "movie" would reduce Rhodey himself to a cameo. Isn't that odd for someone "finally" getting his own solo movie?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Here's something funny.

On a thread for the recent Sam Wilson comic, people poitning out the **** direction plaguing Wakanda and BP by the terrible writers, one person defended Coates yadda yadda, and I mentioned the rape camps.

Their response,"Rape camps? I must have missed that."

Okay like how? How do you miss that? Its like reading Identity Crisis and not noticing the graphic pages of Sue Dibny being raped by Dr Light. How the hell do you miss that especially something extremally plot relevant to the story?