Page 382 of 955 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 14314
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The whole thing with Storm is weird and honestly a missed opportunity.

Like over in Red she's unironically the queen of Mars and is engaging in battles of espionage and sabotage befitting a ruler. Brand creates her own X-Men well then Storm creates her own Brotherhood of Mutants with guys like Magneto at her side.

She is no better than Black Panther at this point, and that is an interesting story beat but the narrative ignores that to paint T'Challa completely in the wrong. Like the Skybreaker thing was brought up, Storm took advantage of the kindness of T'Challa's family, lied to them, broke into and stole an ancient Wakandan artifact, assaulting several Wakandan soldiers, and basically started an international incident. All of which she is unrepentant over, believing everything she did to be justified because she was saving the world and couldn't be bothered to wait a couple hours.

Yet that very justified grievance is skimmed over and all the blame is brought back to T'Challa as if Storm didn't do something kinda awful.

It is such a poor use of both characters, it makes T'Challa look like an impotent loser and makes Storm look like the worst aspects of Carol Danvers.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 06-17-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't wait to see Sam chump T'Challa.

That makes one of us. What for?

Astonishing Member

I can't wait to see Sam chump T'Challa, talk about how great it is that Wakanda is now a democracy (maybe throw some shade at how little they do for the rest of the world while he's at it) and possibly get in the running for their next leader.

Meanwhile Shuri will probably do some unimpeachable tech/science stuff.
    You already know Tochi’s gonna paint T’Challa as an Uncle Tom who doesn’t understand race relations in the US despite numerous story arcs in the BP comics that have addressed the topic already lol. And he’s probably gonna help solidify the status quo of Wakanda’s democracy being somehow better than its monarchy while extolling how Wakanda is a more flawed nation than America.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You already know Tochi’s gonna paint T’Challa as an Uncle Tom who doesn’t understand race relations in the US despite numerous story arcs in the BP comics that have addressed the topic already lol. And he’s probably gonna help solidify the status quo of Wakanda’s democracy being somehow better than its monarchy while extolling how Wakanda is a more flawed nation than America.
    There is such a joy in a good cosmic story having a scene where basically the space heroes make fun of Earth heroes for their small problems while they are out there in the universe dealing with actually important crap.

It happened in the 2019 Guardians run where Nova and Quasar share a pint bonding over how insular Earth is. Nova and Quasar have more important things to think about than America.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Could be worse
    All he needs is a pair of parachute pants to complete the outfit.

I can't wait to see Sam chump T'Challa, talk about how great it is that Wakanda is now a democracy (maybe throw some shade at how little they do for the rest of the world while he's at it) and possibly get in the running for their next leader.

I find it so adorable how these writers constantly try to enforce American ideals on characters that aren’t even American. Especially considering America is the biggest glass house in the world right now in terms of democracy since there have been numerous instances of voter suppression in the past couple of years in addition to a whole insurrection that the whole world bore witness to since the previous President couldn’t accept that he lost the election fair and square. But sure, Wakanda has to follow Muricas example.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah, sly move by Cap. I guess TChalla would take a few pointers from him. In my mind I like him being to cocky to take advice though.
    Yeah it wasn't him taking advice but being distracted for a second, enough to get tagged

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I find it so adorable how these writers constantly try to enforce American ideals on characters that aren’t even American. Especially considering America is the biggest glass house in the world right now in terms of democracy since there have been numerous instances of voter suppression in the past couple of years in addition to a whole insurrection that the whole world bore witness to since the previous President couldn’t accept that he lost the election fair and square. But sure, Wakanda has to follow Muricas example.
    Seriously man. Hell I'm a Cuban immigrant and if you know my history then you won't be surprised that I am so-so on the idea of revolutions. And I live in the US which is undergoing all the crap you just described.

So my reaction to all this democracy and revolution sucking off is "I don't care, I just do not care." I'm not saying I want to live in a monarchy or something, I am aware that democracy is a good enough system, better than a lot but I don't care to see it suck off to this degree in media. What is there to suck off? Its not like we're doing particularly well.

Just let the characters be the kingdoms and crap, it honestly does not matter to make them democratic. Nobody cares or at least most people don't.

How far we have fallen... We seriously gotta worry about Sam punking T'Challa? The dude that beat down MK, IF, wolverine, a Batman Superman and flash analog? We gotta worry about falling Sam...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Are you talking about the XOW podcast? I listened to that one.

I remember him saying that he only changed his plans for Storm after the first issue, and it's not going to change much.
    He says pretty clearly toward the end of the XOW podcast iirc that there’s a product of a son coming up that he hadn’t planned when he wrote issue 1. Don’t have access to the full interview anymore but if you do it was like the last 15 mins. He said he wasn’t sure if it’s a story he should’ve gone through with at first but him and his collaborator decided to because they saw the potential.

He said it doesn’t change his run too much though so my assumption is it’s either a kid that won’t play a role in his book or it’s something that’s meant to be temporary in the grand scheme of things. Could easily be Vulcan’s baby, which would tie into the stuff going on in Marauders. But he has picked up Hickman storylines before and the virus is still around so it’s possible he’s reviving the Azari story and working with the BP office. X-Men Red #4 is likely gonna feature T’Challa so we’ll see if there are any hints towards that.

He says pretty clearly toward the end of the XOW podcast iirc that there’s a product of a son coming up that he hadn’t planned when he wrote issue 1. Don’t have access to the full interview anymore but if you do it was like the last 15 mins. He said he wasn’t sure if it’s a story he should’ve gone through with at first but him and his collaborator decided to because they saw the potential.

He said it doesn’t change his run too much though so my assumption is it’s either a kid that won’t play a role in his book or it’s something that’s meant to be temporary in the grand scheme of things. Could easily be Vulcan’s baby, which would tie into the stuff going on in Marauders. But he has picked up Hickman storylines before and the virus is still around so it’s possible he’s reviving the Azari story and working with the BP office. X-Men Red #4 is likely gonna feature T’Challa so we’ll see if there are any hints towards that.
    Yes, time will tell.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Incredible Member

Lol watch their kid be Tosin lololololol who is his parents

No. Please god no. Hickman might be able to write them well but he’s not gonna be writing X-Men forever. And you know the minute he leaves there will be even more BS thrown T’Challas way.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The whole thing with Storm is weird and honestly a missed opportunity.

Like over in Red she's unironically the queen of Mars and is engaging in battles of espionage and sabotage befitting a ruler. Brand creates her own X-Men well then Storm creates her own Brotherhood of Mutants with guys like Magneto at her side.

She is no better than Black Panther at this point, and that is an interesting story beat but the narrative ignores that to paint T'Challa completely in the wrong. Like the Skybreaker thing was brought up, Storm took advantage of the kindness of T'Challa's family, lied to them, broke into and stole an ancient Wakandan artifact, assaulting several Wakandan soldiers, and basically started an international incident. All of which she is unrepentant over, believing everything she did to be justified because she was saving the world and couldn't be bothered to wait a couple hours.

Yet that very justified grievance is skimmed over and all the blame is brought back to T'Challa as if Storm didn't do something kinda awful.

It is such a poor use of both characters, it makes T'Challa look like an impotent loser and makes Storm look like the worst aspects of Carol Danvers.
    TBH, it should have brought them closer together in a sense.

Storm is getting a taste of what it is like to rule and... she's getting into the same shady ****.

The fact T'challa has been wearing the crown for so long and he is still a good guy and still a hero and the worst thign you can say about him is that "he keeps secrets" is pretty damn good lol.

Heavy is the crown....

But no writer wants to highlight the good in T'challa. Just the same negative **** over and over. It's exhausting.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html