Page 403 of 955 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 14314

100 expect t'challa to get punked by Ewing in favor of storm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I don’t like it when writers have influence on other writers, especially when it’s work like Ridley’s. I can see the “men ain’t ****” narrative playing a part here too, because that seems to be popular right now. I had forgotten about Doom shading TChalla when he spoke to Storm; that also doesn’t bode well for TChalla. Things may very well unfold exactly like you said, but I’m hoping TChalla isn’t jobbing in ALL of these upcoming appearances because I don’t think they can completely job him out in everything.
    T’Challa is absolutely getting jobbed to Falcon so that’s nonnegotiable lol. There’s a slight chance Ewing writes T’Challa competently but Storm hasn’t really been challenged XMR as a warrior or politician outside some snide remarks by the other members of the Arakki council. I doubt Ewing’s gonna have T’Challa come in and be depicted as a worthwhile opponent in any regard, especially since he’s quite likely to pull from the pathetic characterization the character has gotten in his own solos recently. If anything, he’s more likely to be positioned as an antagonist since I doubt Ewing is gonna depict the Galactic Illuminati as a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The T'challa that has contingencies is gone after this arc which is closer to coogler's t'challa. Coogler's T'challa wasn't a chess master at all and Ridley has painted him being one as negative that lost him his kingdom and avenger role. His strategic mind has been handicapped
    Your post outlines how Ridley’s T’Challa is different from Coogler’s. Coogler’s T’Challa just wasn’t that smart, Ridley portrays any intelligence or planning T’Challa has as bad. The effect isn’t quite the same, Coogler’s T’Challa could never fail at being a chess master because he was never portrayed to be one in the first place. Ridley’s characterization is worse because classic traits of T’Challa are contorted into bad things that actively make him look worse.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-27-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah except that the cap books writer is the same one that wrote BP legends. You know the story that made Shuri even more of a parasite.
    Oooof what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The T'challa that has contingencies is gone after this arc which is closer to coogler's t'challa. Coogler's T'challa wasn't a chess master at all and Ridley has painted him being one as negative that lost him his kingdom and avenger role. His strategic mind has been handicapped
    MCU T'Challa never got to grow into the grandmaster chess player as he is (likely) being removed from his own franchise.

Atleast everywhere else T'Challa is still the master planner

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa is absolutely getting jobbed to Falcon so that’s nonnegotiable lol. There’s a slight chance Ewing writes T’Challa competently but Storm hasn’t really been challenged XMR as a warrior or politician outside some snide remarks by the other members of the Arakki council. I doubt Ewing’s gonna have T’Challa come in and be depicted as a worthwhile opponent in any regard, especially since he’s quite likely to pull from the pathetic characterization the character has gotten in his own solos recently. If anything, he’s more likely to be positioned as an antagonist since I doubt Ewing is gonna depict the Galactic Illuminati as a good thing.

Your post outlines how Ridley’s T’Challa is different from Coogler’s. Coogler’s T’Challa just wasn’t that smart, Ridley portrays any intelligence or planning T’Challa has as bad. The effect isn’t quite the same, Coogler’s T’Challa could never fail at being a chess master because he was never portrayed to be one in the first place. Ridley’s characterization is worse because classic traits of T’Challa are contorted into bad things that actively make him look worse.
    I really hope we aren't going to get into a new low where frakking FALCON is able to beat T'Challa. It's only going to reinforce that bullshit podcast that claimed Shuri or Storm could outfight T'Challa.

Basically there's no good way for this to end. It's unlikely T'Challa will curbstomp falcon like he should, him stalemating Falcon makes him look bad, and losing makes him look worse. They are slowly turning T'Challa into a chump starting with his series and then this Falcon series. If Ewing chumps him too then the only good showings would be JA... Not a good position to be be in

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I really hope we aren't going to get into a new low where frakking FALCON is able to beat T'Challa. It's only going to reinforce that bullshit podcast that claimed Shuri or Storm could outfight T'Challa.

Basically there's no good way for this to end. It's unlikely T'Challa will curbstomp falcon like he should, him stalemating Falcon makes him look bad, and losing makes him look worse. They are slowly turning T'Challa into a chump starting with his series and then this Falcon series. If Ewing chumps him too then the only good showings would be JA... Not a good position to be be in
    It’s gonna be BP Legends all over again, with a hearty slice of “Wakandans are assholes who don’t care about black people and it’s T’Challa’s fault”

Sam may make some reference to how T’Challa used to be more active about black causes when he first became king, but he’ll imply he abandoned the world and sold out. Probably gonna roast him for no longer being king and acting like a dictator. There won’t be a clear winner in their fight but Sam will have the upper hand before some other Wakandan intervenes (likely Shuri).

Aaron’s the only writer not committed to painting T’Challa in a completely idiotic light. Too bad his Avengers book is bad lol.

Astonishing Member

MCU T'Challa never got to grow into the grandmaster chess player as he is (likely) being removed from his own franchise.

Atleast everywhere else T'Challa is still the master planner
    Being a master planner is difficult to show in movies unless a character is either setting a trap for the antagonist or actively working to subvert them. Killmonger came off as more of a chess master (and even he really didn’t embody the trope) because T’Challa was the one maintaining the status quo of isolationism and N’Jadaka was undermining him by using Wakanda’s traditions against itself and infiltrating other groups to get close to the throne.

If T’Challa was going against Namor that could’ve been an opportunity to expand on T’Challa’s strategic skills but it’s entirely possible Coogler would’ve had Nakia or someone else do it. He very much seemed to prefer the straightforward warrior-king T’Challa, Captain America but with the resources of a king. Based off the first movie I don’t know if he would’ve had T’Challa trick Namor into a secret rendezvous to launch an attack on Atlantis like Hickman did. I somewhat doubt he’d do something like have T’Challa let the world think he was a madman or crash the world economy to weaken his enemy’s defenses and outmaneuver them. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t know if Coogler wants or is capable of that kind of writing and that’s where T’Challa shines.

All this right here I agree with. This is my fear. I have a feeling that maybe it won’t turn out so bad. But there’s some poor characterization of TChalla going on right now.

Being a master planner is difficult to show in movies unless a character is either setting a trap for the antagonist or actively working to subvert them. Killmonger came off as more of a chess master (and even he really didn’t embody the trope) because T’Challa was the one maintaining the status quo of isolationism and N’Jadaka was undermining him by using Wakanda’s traditions against itself and infiltrating other groups to get close to the throne.

If T’Challa was going against Namor that could’ve been an opportunity to expand on T’Challa’s strategic skills but it’s entirely possible Coogler would’ve had Nakia or someone else do it. He very much seemed to prefer the straightforward warrior-king T’Challa, Captain America but with the resources of a king. Based off the first movie I don’t know if he would’ve had T’Challa trick Namor into a secret rendezvous to launch an attack on Atlantis like Hickman did. I somewhat doubt he’d do something like have T’Challa let the world think he was a madman or crash the world economy to weaken his enemy’s defenses and outmaneuver them. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t know if Coogler wants or is capable of that kind of writing and that’s where T’Challa shines.
    That's where Boseman would of stepped in. Keep in mind that Boseman made some Big changes that helped the movie be what it was (minus the intelligence, Boseman wanted the more priest like T'Challa which translates into the super genius T'Challa by default) so I had hope we would of been able to see his genius actually shine.

Iwill say T'Challas strategic mind was at work and shown several times during the movie. From the trafficker scene disabling the vehicles, to the car chase scene, to bugging Ross, to turning the train on to disable the suits to IW funneling the outriders. We just needed to see his Super genius at work or are the very least, characters talking about it outside the one line about him creating his cw suit.

Which the other worry that comes to mind is if they do Recast T'Challa at some point, will the new person actually channel comics Priest,Hudlin, Redjack T'Challa, or the more basic Cap version. If Coogler is running the show still would he even allow it? They may not have the pull Chad did. Which is a BIG problem that hurts getting T'Challa right

That's where Boseman would of stepped in. Keep in mind that Boseman made some Big changes that helped the movie be what it was (minus the intelligence, Boseman wanted the more priest like T'Challa which translates into the super genius T'Challa by default) so I had hope we would of been able to see his genius actually shine.

Iwill say T'Challas strategic mind was at work and shown several times during the movie. From the trafficker scene disabling the vehicles, to the car chase scene, to bugging Ross, to turning the train on to disable the suits to IW funneling the outriders. We just needed to see his Super genius at work or are the very least, characters talking about it outside the one line about him creating his cw suit.

Which the other worry that comes to mind is if they do Recast T'Challa at some point, will the new person actually channel comics Priest,Hudlin, Redjack T'Challa, or the more basic Cap version. If Coogler is running the show still would he even allow it? They may not have the pull Chad did. Which is a BIG problem that hurts getting T'Challa right
    Didn't Chadwick lobby to have the Wakandans use African accents instead of British ones? I remember reading that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Didn't Chadwick lobby to have the Wakandans use African accents instead of British ones? I remember reading that somewhere.
    I remember that too.

Remember British Shuri in that one episode of Avengers Assemble? So surreal.

Being a master planner is difficult to show in movies unless a character is either setting a trap for the antagonist or actively working to subvert them. .
    Prep master is crazy hard to put on screen.

The only real instance of it I can think of is the RDJ sherlock movies.

You have to have someone "explain" the prep at some point. That is why Priest used Ross to narrate.

About as much prep you are going to see on film is similar to Tc'halla going "yo turn on the mine train so I can gut this dude"

TBH... warrior-king T'Chadwick was REFRESHING as hell.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

You’re describing tactics, not strategy though. Showing ingenuity in the middle of a battle shows T’Challa has a high battle IQ and is a skilled warrior. Strategy is shown through leveraging political and economic resources, using interpersonal communication, contingencies, etc. Drawing out your enemy under the cover of a diplomatic meeting to launch a special strike on a military target thousands of miles away is a strategy, it’s more than just throwing hands. It’s about using your intelligence in areas outside of a fight to misdirect, manipulate, and have a greater effect than just stabbing a guy using tech. T’Challa implanting spies across the world and activating them at a critical moment is a strategy, though obviously in the current books it’s turning out rather poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yes he did. The fact that an actor had to keep Marvel from screwing up their own damn character out the gate should tell you something. And it shows how authentic Chadwick was.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It’s gonna be BP Legends all over again, with a hearty slice of “Wakandans are assholes who don’t care about black people and it’s T’Challa’s fault”

Sam may make some reference to how T’Challa used to be more active about black causes when he first became king, but he’ll imply he abandoned the world and sold out. Probably gonna roast him for no longer being king and acting like a dictator. There won’t be a clear winner in their fight but Sam will have the upper hand before some other Wakandan intervenes (likely Shuri).

Aaron’s the only writer not committed to painting T’Challa in a completely idiotic light. Too bad his Avengers book is bad lol.
    Once again the constant critiquing of T'Challa over every little thing brings to mind the mindless critiques the superhero genre regularly gets saddled with.

Like T'Challa is called a dictator cause he's too controlling, but he's also called out for not doing enough. So which is it, is he doing too much or too little? You can't have it both ways. And that's ignoring he gets critiqued for not doing more about famously difficult stuff that has no easy answer.

Alright you want him to save all the black people in America, we'll there's 2 choices.

A: He conquers America. He has Wakanda go to war and if he wins then he can tear down the systemized racism directly.

B: Using sabotage and espionage, he has spies infiltrate America and tear it down from the inside all while using his wealth to buy up corporations and effectively take over America without going to war.

But all of this while it would bear possibly the most direct results would also have him "acting like a dictator". So what do you expect him to do then?