Page 406 of 955 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Optimism? Here?

That said I have faith Ewing will write T'Challa respectfully. He hasn't given me any reason to doubt him.
    T’Challa and Wakanda are insulted and belittled every time they pop up in the X-books. Frankly it doesn’t matter how good a writer Ewing is, BP fans have a right to feel uneasy at his inclusion in any mutant related storyline because of the perpetually antagonistic ways the character is treated when brought up. And when virtually every appearance (with the exception of Avengers and the occasional one-off) depicts the character in a pathetic manner, I can’t say there’s much reason to think X-Men Red will be any different.

In having characters imply Storm was less than when she was with T’Challa, Ewing implies T’Challa isn’t worthy and isn’t willing to be a proper lover/ally to Ororo. Someone with that kind of approach to the pairing (one that should’ve long been abandoned anyway) doesn’t give me the impression he’ll give T’Challa a fair shake (whether relationship drama gets brought into it or not), especially when recent continuity has been exclusively focused on T’Challa’s failings. I fully expect mudslinging and disrespect even if it is done in a less hoodrat manner compared to the way Ridley loves to treat his characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I kinda dislike the whole casualness she instills in the setting. Which granted is an issue with the rest of the family where no one really treats T'Challa as king.

Like the never freeze bit which has everyone, even Okoye ribbing T'Challa. As I said it's too casual, where's the kingly dignity am I right?

I mean to be honest mcu shuri is to weak to take over the BP mantle they literally dressed her up like she getting ready for a prince music video. from want I saw the actress doesn’t want to be BP lol all these shuri fans about to be disappointed. I truly don’t think a female should take over the franchise UNLESS she straight up bad ass and not a Dora.Ryan can’t come up with no twist beside tchalla having another sibling or a random kid even better a unknown villager that comes to save wakanda. Mbaku cant carry the franchise. To be honest I hate to even say it. Killmongar/Michael B can, I believe he’s the only one. Everything else they adding is just the powerpuff girls special lol. (I’m a women) lol I’m not here for this new BP crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ryan coogler didn't even know to add those things. There's a reason he didn't connect with the character because he didn't know anything about the character. One of his first interviews when he was asked to describe what makes black panther black panther he literally described the job title and the costume and that was it
    It was an origin movie so Coogler gets a pass for a straight forward take, but the way the first movie went I’m not sure we were gonna get much more than what we were introduced to. I doubt we would’ve seen T’Challa inventing stuff in the sequel, his intelligence was stolen and given to Shuri. We never got the impression T’Challa was a really complex strategist or political player, he never even did basic things like invoke diplomatic immunity or something. I want to think we would’ve gotten more than just warrior-king T’Challa but I’m not sure Coogler or even Chadwick himself wanted that. They seemed content with Black Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    T'Challa would whack Storm & Shuri at the same time. GTFO lol. At least he should knowing he's aware of his ex's abilities and has resources to counter it. Shuri would maybe be on Sam's level. Hahaha. What podcast said this??
    This most recent One. https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...01716979519493

It's garbage man, and I gotta say... I was disappointed in Hudlin as well. Granted maybe it's cause he got no credit for creating Shuri but still... Mans was always in T'Challas corner

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Villains usually get the role of prep master because the hero has to find some fantastic way to get out some elaborate trap or the hero has to find a way to figure out the villains scheme.

Think Ledgers' Joker in Dark Knight or Hans from Die Hard
    It would be cool if T'Challa was able to do a Sherlock Holmes style cat and mouse with a villain. Because him countering a villain and then having adjust and up the ante would make for a good story. T'Challa isn't the type of character you just have spinning circles. He is plans upon plans. More so than Batman because he had more to lose. So he shouldn't be written like Batman in Nolans trilogy

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

As much as it was of Nakia's "ideas"

If you really think about it the scene that follows right after that was W'Kabi very conservative stance afterwards. T'Challa's pushes back on some of the things W'Kabi's said. The movie is allowing all viewpoints/perspectives to be heard and feel real. It also didnt make it as black and white like most Marvel films. This makes it all the powerful for T'Challa will tells generations of Panther's he's going to do it differently.

However, his difference...was still to a point. I feel like he opened the doors but he never allowed a roadmap to Wakanda. I think in some ways Infinity War helps and hurts Wakanda's moves. Everything seemed like the BP movie was only made so they could have a battle there.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It was an origin movie so Coogler gets a pass for a straight forward take, but the way the first movie went I’m not sure we were gonna get much more than what we were introduced to. I doubt we would’ve seen T’Challa inventing stuff in the sequel, his intelligence was stolen and given to Shuri. We never got the impression T’Challa was a really complex strategist or political player, he never even did basic things like invoke diplomatic immunity or something. I want to think we would’ve gotten more than just warrior-king T’Challa but I’m not sure Coogler or even Chadwick himself wanted that. They seemed content with Black Captain America.
    Chadwick's words were counter to that (Skip to 3:20)

He said he wanted to see strategy, T'Challa play chess and T'Challa not as direct.

Again I think the first film had a LOT to setup and him and Coogler were going to pay it off in future films. Cancer is just the worst.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-27-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I have a question are y’all supporting mcu black panther or just taking as a lost. I’m not wasting my money. Lol my kids can’t stand shuri well the mcu version.
    The only character I liked in the first movie was T'Challa and even though I didn't like the writing he got and the story they movie told he still remained the standout for me. I liked Okoye too but I don't like her enough to go watch the movie for her and since they aren't recasting the movie doesn't exist for me anymore
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This most recent One. https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...01716979519493

It's garbage man, and I gotta say... I was disappointed in Hudlin as well. Granted maybe it's cause he got no credit for creating Shuri but still... Mans was always in T'Challas corner

It would be cool if T'Challa was able to do a Sherlock Holmes style cat and mouse with a villain. Because him countering a villain and then having adjust and up the ante would make for a good story. T'Challa isn't the type of character you just have spinning circles. He is plans upon plans. More so than Batman because he had more to lose. So he shouldn't be written like Batman in Nolans trilogy
    We should be glad that the thread for that tweet is going ballistic, calling out the nonsense of it.

Ain't no one buying their bullshit, bonus that they are also calling out Ridley's title for the mediocrity it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We really took that man for granted bro. And now they’re about to crap all over his legacy and call it a tribute. Smh.
    That's the worst. And the got on it Early too so now it's ingrained in peoples heads and they somehow think this is some great Tribute when it's actually straight up wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I mean to be honest mcu shuri is to weak to take over the BP mantle they literally dressed her up like she getting ready for a prince music video. from want I saw the actress doesn’t want to be BP lol all these shuri fans about to be disappointed. I truly don’t think a female should take over the franchise UNLESS she straight up bad ass and not a Dora.Ryan can’t come up with no twist beside tchalla having another sibling or a random kid even better a unknown villager that comes to save wakanda. Mbaku cant carry the franchise. To be honest I hate to even say it. Killmongar/Michael B can, I believe he’s the only one. Everything else they adding is just the powerpuff girls special lol. (I’m a women) lol I’m not here for this new BP crap.
    Nah kilmonger can't and what if proved it. It showed why he was better off as a one and done villain and when they did the what of it actually weakend his character. Only T'Challa the character can save the franchise

Nah Chadwick himself said he was ready for a more experienced and Priest like T'Challa for the sequel so I don't think we would of gotten black cap. Plus character's need to grow and develop. I doubt T'Challa would stay the same and not become more like his comic count part

OT

Someone recommended that I watch this movie on Netflix called RRR. They said it was like if Black Panther and Captain America had a movie together.

I dont know if its that (not trying to hype expectations) however that movie was wildly entertaining. Been meaning to recommend it here just cause.

I've been combing through interview more than I want to admit quite honestly. It seems the only person that actually understood the character was Chadwick Boseman. He did interviews about the priest version of the character and talked about the shadiness with not knowing where the character really stands and his intelligence. But all of those interviews were before and during Captain America civil war. Before Coogler.

Martin Freeman tries really hard to be excited about BP2. Just look at his body language.
    https://twitter.com/BBCTheOneShow/st...87734564556802

Confirmed there's no more T'Challa (which we knew). And said it "takes a direction that I didnt expect in a billion years."

Ryan is at fault for his part in no T'Challa. However, I feel a bit worried (for him) that through this grief/rushed rewriting that he probably threw some wild ideas into the story.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-27-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Martin Freeman tries really hard to be excited about BP2. Just look at his body language.

Confirmed there's no more T'Challa (which we knew). And said it "takes a direction that I didnt expect in a billion years."

Ryan is at fault for his part in no T'Challa. However, I feel a bit worried (for him) that through this grief/rushed rewriting that he probably threw some wild ideas into the story.
    Again it really says something that the only white guy on the cast is being honest.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Watching the cast struggle to come up with anything positive to say and just kinda stuttering and stumbling over themselves and NOT trying to go with the "We really tried to do right by honoring Chad and it's going to be AMAZING" is painful to watch. You can clearly tell that they have nothing really good to say. Even if they can't reveal any details, the first go around you could see the excitement in their voices and they could say more then "No T'Challa" or "Ryan good a good job" even his mention of the direction he takes doesn't come off like he is confident or excited. Everything is subdued