Page 297 of 955 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Y’lan Noel said he’d be interested. Not Denzel status but people like him well enough and there was a largely positive reaction from people when he said he’d be interested. The multiverse is our saving Grace at this point. And again, words are important.
    We seriously need Chad's family to support a Recast, get behind an actor or actors, and then reiterate that Chad would not want to see T'Challa killed, and that this ISN'T a tribute to Chad by killing T'Challa AGAIN. That would completely KILL marvel's scorched earth for T'Challa or they would come off as greedy assholes who are trying to profit off his death and using it as a cover

Y’lan Noel said he’d be interested. Not Denzel status but people like him well enough and there was a largely positive reaction from people when he said he’d be interested. The multiverse is our saving Grace at this point. And again, words are important.

I would be psyched to see him play TChalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We seriously need Chad's family to support a Recast, get behind an actor or actors, and then reiterate that Chad would not want to see T'Challa killed, and that this ISN'T a tribute to Chad by killing T'Challa AGAIN. That would completely KILL marvel's scorched earth for T'Challa or they would come off as greedy assholes who are trying to profit off his death and using it as a cover
    His brother already said that Chadwick would’ve wanted T’Challa to live on in the MCU. But the problem is that Marvel along with the cast (sans Martin Freeman) are fighting like hell to control the narrative. But trust me, if that trailer confirms that T’Challa is dead and his brother along with his wife speak out the media will notice and that’s gonna cause problems for the “honor Chadwick” narrative that they’ve been trying to run with.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Well I won’t be going to see it. And there’s people on twitter that feel the same way.
    lol, sure people on Twitter have all sorts of different opinions, so I imagine there are quite a few that feel the same way as you

I thought Coogler did a decent job with the first film, so I’m wiling to give it a shot, obviously there’s valid concerns to be skeptical
    Last edited by Maine Starfish; 05-17-2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its time to give up hope on Nate Moore.

You'd essentially need a Mahershala Ali type situation where a great black actor goes to Kevin Feige and says he wants to be "X" in the role.

You'd need a Denzel status (obviously younger) actor to tell Feige he wants to be an alternate earth T'CHalla.
    Denzel status AND WF has to under perform.

They won't care if they can still make money without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its over man. The more I think about it the more I realized this will be one of the worst "honoring" of someone ever. Even though I still think the movie could be very good to great.

You kill him a 3rd time. You have a monumental L on his resume with how Infinity War went down. He seems unfit if he's dying already after being back from the blip. And now Ironheart steals some of his intelligence and Shuri (or whoever) is stealing one of his feats. Total disrespect.

Sidenote: Remember the good ole days of thinking the plot might involve some people being upset over T'Challa's decision in IW and we'd get a more ground based story. Basically proving there is Wakanda without T'Challa.
    Marvel is kicking themselves they dind't keep Shuri alive for IW. Killed her off for no real good reason, she could have easily been in the "genius group" building the new gauntlet. You telling me that gauntlet had no Vibranium?

Easy 5 year age up for her, easy 5 years being queen + training for BP... they would have half the problems they have now making it make sense. You can even say no one challenged her seat to the throne and BP powers due to the chaos after the snap.

Now they have the double problem of no real lead AND they have to retcon their own mythos to make Shuri make sense. Ooops

All because they were cool with Wakandan canon fodder in IW but dont you dare use them in End Game because... errrrr... "oh yeah we didn't know BP would be a good movie! We have Rhodey there as the token, that is good enough!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

His brother already said that Chadwick would’ve wanted T’Challa to live on in the MCU. But the problem is that Marvel along with the cast (sans Martin Freeman) are fighting like hell to control the narrative. But trust me, if that trailer confirms that T’Challa is dead and his brother along with his wife speak out the media will notice and that’s gonna cause problems for the “honor Chadwick” narrative that they’ve been trying to run with.
    O don't think they will confirm in the trailer that he is dead. They are going to use that as a limited to get people to see the movie "Come see the date of T'Challa in WF!" If they were that dense though, then yes I would expect them to lose alot on fans immediately and backlash from his family then oh my how the narrative would change so quickly.

"T'Challa is too important not to continue" "There is no Wakanda without their King" "T'Challa forever!"

All of which is true about the franchise and needs to be the case anyways

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Denzel status AND WF has to under perform.

They won't care if they can still make money without him.

Marvel is kicking themselves they dind't keep Shuri alive for IW. Killed her off for no real good reason, she could have easily been in the "genius group" building the new gauntlet. You telling me that gauntlet had no Vibranium?

Easy 5 year age up for her, easy 5 years being queen + training for BP... they would have half the problems they have now making it make sense. You can even say no one challenged her seat to the throne and BP powers due to the chaos after the snap.

Now they have the double problem of no real lead AND they have to retcon their own mythos to make Shuri make sense. Ooops

All because they were cool with Wakandan canon fodder in IW but dont you dare use them in End Game because... errrrr... "oh yeah we didn't know BP would be a good movie! We have Rhodey there as the token, that is good enough!"
    I always thought they could’ve retconned her to being a survivor of the snap since we never actually saw her get dusted unlike T’Challa, plus we still don’t know who was running Wakanda during that five year gap. Too bad Ryan didn’t seem to think so.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Coats effect.
    He is the one that painted him as a dictator holding women down
    TNC/Coates is probably the worst writer to ever touch Tchalla.....well, at least he created the IEW/ Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda but that has been an idea in this BP appreciation forum since like....well.... Hudlin's era. I vividly recall a forum member (either Majestic or SilverZeal) posted that idea many years agos BEFORE TNC wrote BP.

Then TNC took that idea qnd bastardised it.....anyways, at least he didn't destroy the IEW when he left. The only credit i can give him.

But making Tchalla into a misogynist purulent incompetent "dictator" will forever be what TNC will be remember for his work on BP.....and of course the IEW

Edit:

Anyone here recall when members in here thought Maberry was the worst BP writer?!?.... Oooh my days, i loooove lirking in here and would read the posts daily for years.
    Last edited by Besouro; 05-18-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Started years before Coates. AvX painted him as a terrible husband towards Storm and because of him they needed counseling. Coates just piled on.
    True.....but TNC/ Coates pile on was waaaay worse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bast in human form (even if it's an avatar) feels so weird.
    Given how Moon Knight series has blown up with praise and appreciation .... Well, its no surprise MCU MIGHT (speculation) try to replicate some it into BP. Esp with the whole Egyptian God avatar angle.

Just saying the recast TChalla petition is 64 signatures away from 60,000.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-reca...er-franchise-2

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Just saying the recast TChalla petition is 64 signatures away from 60,000.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-reca...er-franchise-2
    After another Disney subsidiary, LucasFilms, said about not recasting actors of original characters anymore I think the petition is pointless now, don't you think?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After another Disney subsidiary, LucasFilms, said about not recasting actors of original characters anymore I think the petition is pointless now, don't you think?

It could be. But I still think they’ll recast at some point. Probably by the third film. Emmanuel Noisette who leads the recast movement has done a bunch of news and media interviews on the recast. He’s contacted Marvel and so have some of the outlets he’s interviewed with.

I don’t necessarily have faith in Marvel doing the right thing. I just think they’ll see that money can be made in a recast. Wakanda Forever won’t do as well as people think. It’ll be number one it’s first weekend but won’t do BP numbers.

I don't think Disney will take the petition seriously unless it gets hundreds of thousands of signatures or more. That and the movie would have to under perform which I doubt. Marvel is banking on black girl magic to help the BO which it will. Plus the cast and crew keeps talking about the movie honors Chad, so plenty of people will see it because of that similar to what happened with Paul Walker.

I don't see it passing 700 million at the domestic BO but it'll likely make more than enough to be a success. The same goes for reviews. The cast and crew makes the movie sound like it'll be a 2hr+ eulogy for Chad and the character plus you have the heavy female representation you'd be hard pressed to find legitimate criticism. A while after the release people might start properly judging the movie.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 05-18-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don't think Disney will take the petition seriously unless it gets hundreds of thousands of signatures or more. That and the movie would have to under perform which I doubt. Marvel is banking on black girl magic to help the BO which it will. Plus the cast and crew keeps talking about the movie honors Chad, so plenty of people will see it because of that similar to what happened with Paul Walker.

I don't see it passing 700 million at the domestic BO but it'll likely make more than enough to be a success. The same goes for reviews. The cast and crew makes the movie sound like it'll be a 2hr+ eulogy for Chad and the character plus you have the heavy female representation you'd be hard pressed to find legitimate criticism. A while after the release people might start properly judging the movie.

I’m more skeptical about black girl magic and female representation than most. I think characters should just stay true to who they are. I can think of female lead films that tanked. The one with Lupita and the other two women where they were spies or assassins or whatever. Nobody talked about that movie being successful. It doesn’t always work. There are a lot of people that will stick to not seeing the film.