Page 877 of 955 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881887927 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well superman died in batman v superman and steve died in wonder woman and ww84 again and their is jimmy olsen(not a major character in the dceu)but still a major supporting superman character.
    For shows A Jimmy died in the Smallville show but they had a new one later.
    ... Really? Your your going to use BVS? The movie that literally after Superman died, followed it up with a CLEAR indicator that he was coming back? Pretty much guaranteed by the next movie?

WF has a funeral for T'Challa, and then one for Ramonda, that was idiotic. A RL death forced onto fictional character, then killing a fictional character who never died and is alive and well in the comics and was the strongest supporting character to. Motivate? Shuri into action and ends with some BS Mercy.

It's basically says "Wakandan royals apparently don't give two ishts if their kings and queens are Killed by foreigners, they will just forgive them and let them live. Coogler, Moore and Feigi are devaluing the franchise by pulling isht like that, and making death the primary focal point

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wow! It's been three weeks and people are still pressed, I see. I guess there'll be angst and misery over this movie until news of the third movie is released.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ... Really? Your your going to use BVS? The movie that literally after Superman died, followed it up with a CLEAR indicator that he was coming back? Pretty much guaranteed by the next movie?
    If read what hardcore superman fans were saying they did not care if superman was coming back in another movie.
    Plenty of them were saying you don't kill superman in a second movie in a new universe(the dceu).
    One of the reasons many were saying zack has the go,bvs is disaster and wb was not happy etc..
    Anyway i talk about supporting characters from ww movies and the shows,so the superman thing is justs one example,but the closer ones are the supporting ones i mention after.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-04-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

I am just saying that if the WF was supposed to actually focusing on T'Challa, they would have the opportunity to do so, and given the amount of criticism people had for T'Challas portrayal, I wouldn't have been surprised if T'Challa and Shuri came up with the idea to beat Namor. I'm not giving them credit for the throwaway line. Especially since yeah he was dead and they didn't show it. It was 100% lips service with no substance. Made even more insulting when taking in the fact that Erik in the ancestral plane claimed T'Challa was "Too Noble" when dude literally drove a knife through his chest without even blinking or hesitating. THAT was a huge insult to T'Challa
    I don’t know what the “too noble” line is in reference to but I could see why Killmonger thinks that. In the entirety of a film called Black Panther he’s the only one who kills an actual non-black person lol. It’s only through him that T’Challa finally realizes that Wakanda should get off their damn high horse and do something to help the outside world. And the way he let the man who killed his father go and let Klaw live in South Korea aren’t exactly showing he’s the kinda king who means business. Both should have died lol and there aren’t many iterations of the character since the 90s revamp (his most popular incarnations) that wouldn’t have made sure of that.

MCU T’Challa lacks the ruthlessness and foresight of the comic version, he lacked the will to break generations of tradition either out of fear of foreign reprisal or dismissiveness towards the plight of other black folks. I’d argue both. It’s not hard to see how someone embroiled in radical black consciousness would see him as a half measure at best and it’s why audiences loved Killmonger and apparently Namor the way they did. It’s a dig that makes sense coming from Killmonger and one that many people seeing it (especially black people) probably agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    If read what hardcore superman fans were saying they did not care if superman was coming back in another movie.
    Plenty of them were saying you don't kill superman in a second movie in a new universe(the dceu).
    One of the reasons many were saying zack has the go,bvs is disaster and wb was not happy etc..
    Anyway i talk about supporting characters from ww movies and the shows,so the superman thing is justs one example,but the closer ones are the supporting ones i mention after.
    Steve is also a terrible example due to the time frame in which he was alive. That's like complaining that Peggy is dead in Cap sequels when she was in her mid/late 20s in the first avenger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think they would have advertised "tchalla dealing with the blip" and it actually woudl have connected with MCU fanas more. It is a common complaint on nerd board that the blip was here and gone and it barely means anything to anyone.

but, i do agree to an extent.

But cutting 40 mins of sadness alone would have helped the BO. And just beign able to market it as a moviie instead of a funeral event.

But if the movie was barebones the same without the funeral and ended the same way... I would be livid as a tchalla fan. Like, pitchforks, F coogler, livid. If someone kilsl your mom, in cold blood, no brainwash stuff.. that man has got to die or live in a furnace in wakanda the rest of his life.
    Set up for another steal. Shuri’s gonna wait until the dust has seemingly settled and her and Namor are comfortable then try to kill him, like T’Challa did in New Avengers. Everything will seem ok between them but she’ll stab him when he’s outlived his usefulness. She’s already more comic accurate than MCU T’Challa so it’s not like this is out the realm of possibility. They’re just gonna transplant his stuff onto her for the next few years. Hopefully they haven’t stolen everything by the time the real Black Panther comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t know what the “too noble” line is in reference to but I could see why Killmonger thinks that. In the entirety of a film called Black Panther he’s the only one who kills an actual non-black person lol. It’s only through him that T’Challa finally realizes that Wakanda should get off their damn high horse and do something to help the outside world. And the way he let the man who killed his father go and let Klaw live in South Korea aren’t exactly showing he’s the kinda king who means business. Both should have died lol and there aren’t many iterations of the character since the 90s revamp (his most popular incarnations) that wouldn’t have made sure of that.

MCU T’Challa lacks the ruthlessness and foresight of the comic version, he lacked the will to break generations of tradition either out of fear of foreign reprisal or dismissiveness towards the plight of other black folks. I’d argue both. It’s not hard to see how someone embroiled in radical black consciousness would see him as a half measure at best and it’s why audiences loved Killmonger and apparently Namor the way they did. It’s a dig that makes sense coming from Killmonger and one that many people seeing it (especially black people) probably agreed with.
    I mean, context is key. T'Challa literally killed a bunch of dudes in Korea and the ONLY reason he didn't kill Klaue in Korea is because there were literally a massive crowd of people recording him. It was less about being too noble and More about if people figured out that T'Challa is BP (something if he addressed the UN which he likely did and revealed he is King and BP) that would have Major repercussions to Wakanda.

If the chase ended in a back alley or a abandoned parking lot in Klaue is 100% dead with the driver and whomever else was in the car with him.

I agree with the lack of agency for opening Wakanda, but I disagree on his ruthlessness. It's more so reinforcing why his origin should have been tied to HIS rogues and not outside franchise villain's like Zemo.

But again, just like his intelligence and his agency , those initially were easier to look past and roll with when Chad was still alive, because we had two more movies and avengers that could flesh those things out, but now? Yeah Chad's version is unfortunately forever lesser that what he could/ should be because this idiotic idea to focus on Wakanda for the first movie and then (apparently) choose to focus on T'Challa for the sequel instead of doing the reverse, or better yet, just not do that at all as the movie is called black panther, not Wakanda or BP & Wakanda

Extraordinary Member

Steve is also a terrible example due to the time frame in which he was alive. That's like complaining that Peggy is dead in Cap sequels when she was in her mid/late 20s in the first avenger.
    Nope,bad comparison.
    Peggy did not die in the first avenger and she lived to be a old woman(even had her own show/non canon now since that was not a marvel studios show),steve trevor died in the first movie and did not live out his life to old age.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-04-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Eh, tbf, T'challa tried to cut Klaw in the street and got stopped.

And he put a dagger in Killmonger... killmonger just still a bitter littel kid it he afterlife lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wow! It's been three weeks and people are still pressed, I see. I guess there'll be angst and misery over this movie until news of the third movie is released.
    Killing a superhero that's beloved by fans is kind of a big deal. Not even the third movie will stop talks of it

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, tbf, T'challa tried to cut Klaw in the street and got stopped.

And he put a dagger in Killmonger... killmonger just still a bitter littel kid it he afterlife lol
    People forget Killmonger didn't want to help anyone and just wanted to take his anger out on the world.

But he's hot so he comes across as more sympathetic than he actually is.

For those interested in comparing BP & BPWF, this link will come in handy:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/c...day_comparison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Here is some interesting analysis about the mcu box office this year,including black panther 2.

Violent Night Box Office, Wednesday Netflix Viewership vs Strange Things 4, Oscars 2023

Starting around 8:34

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    People forget Killmonger didn't want to help anyone and just wanted to take his anger out on the world.

But he's hot so he comes across as more sympathetic than he actually is.
    It wasn't just the hotness, there was some that actually believed in his objectives and some who were mad that he was made in to a villain when they saw T'Challa and Wakanda as the villains of the story.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Could you imagine how much more damage BP could have done with an extra 300 movie theaters when it opened?

Did far more with less and outpaced WF to astronomical levels. It's domestic alone almost matches WF global total