Page 622 of 955 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa still could of held the idea of wanting to open Wakanda. He could of been more positive about it and wanting to help because he sees the good Wakanda can add to the world and everyone but Nakia are against it and Shuri is just neutral/ good either way but doesn't quite know to what extent he wants to help. Then he clashes with Erik as Erik wants to arm the world and conquer and their ideals clash. In the end it shows it's still T'Challas idea, Nakia still has agency as she supports him (showing Black unity) and he keeps his defining traits. Also the scene with Shuri and Ross should of gave credit to transporting vibranium to T'Challa as that's a direct in comics feat T'Challa did and to give it to Shuri was dumb and a direct issue with taking away feats to give characters something to do but taking it too far at the main characters expense
    I agree with the last part. Not so much the first part. I also think the deleted scene of him and Zuri didnt help in regards to T'Challa's feelings.

Again he was near 40 next to the King most of his life. So when you're directly influenced by a standard so long its not as easy to break free. He hears Nakia's perspective, but no new king is making major sweeping changes a week into the job. Unless there is something that turns it on its head.

Also gotta factor his father just got killed outside of Wakanda the moment he tried to open up. So some of the lack of positivity is due to grief and a bit of resentment.

The subtext is very thorough in the movie. My only issue is giving T'Challa's feats to Shuri.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 09-24-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Van Lathan would probably be brave enough to do it like how he did with Letitia.
    Which is why I bet Coogler wont do an interview with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Ideally the movie will be set during the blip but we know that won't be the case. Im only interested in hearing how they'll explain T'Challa's death. One set of rumors says disease and another claims that his death as well as the conflict with Namor will be orchestrated by Doom.

We see Ryan and Co are continuing the trend of making the Dora an all purpose group rather than bodyguards. And they're really dragging out the Shuri/BP reveal as if we don't already know. With September ending soon I'm guessing a trailer will drop shortly since the movie drops in less than 2 months and Empire announced their WF magazine special so the marketing campaign should be starting soon. So the trailer will either show off Shuri's suit or Riri's. Or both.
    In fairness (with the caveat hat this run is dropping the ball hard) the Dora’s role expanding from a select bodyguard to a beraucratic and political force unto itself isn’t unprecedented. Look at the Praetorian and Janissaries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The number of people praising his fight scenes would disagree. It feels like you're making everything about MCU T'Challa look worse than he is.

Also, Steve was the only one treating Bucky with kid gloves. Nat and Sharon stood no chance against him and only lived because he didn't want to kill them. T'Challa, Peter and Tony show what happens when someone with the strength to back it up is coming for Bucky's head or in Peter's case not holding back much.
    yeah and I'm saying that's he iad FAR better scene's in his own movie yet people think that his fights with Bucky are peak T'Challa as well as his overall performance when it's not. And the whole airport fight scene is kids gloves. Hell Natasha and Clint joke about it and Wanda chastises Clint for going easy on Natasha.

I am saying T'Challa is done dirty in the MCU. He was peak in his movie but even on there they downplayed his abilities on favor of the supporting cast. I'm actually not okay with his portrayal overall BECAUSE they aren't recasting the role. As it was easier to look past those faults because the sequel was coming before Chad passed. Now? Those flaws won't be addressed and they are even more glaring

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I agree with the last part. Not so much the first part. I also think the deleted scene of him and Zuri didnt help in regards to T'Challa's feelings.

Again he was near 40 next to the King most of his life. So when you're directly influenced by a standard so long its not as easy to break free. He hears Nakia's perspective, but no new king is making major sweeping changes a week into the job. Unless there is something that turns it on its head.

Also gotta factor his father just got killed outside of Wakanda the moment he tried to open up. So some of the lack of positivity is due to grief and a bit of resentment.

The subtext is very thorough in the movie. My only issue is giving T'Challa's feats to Shuri.
    It could be looked at as continuing what his father started, or better yet, it could of been T'Challas idea and it's revealed that to be the case on the BP movie. Again, it doesn't matter how old T'Challa is when his father died, hor CORE traits, the two biggest are his intellect and being the first King to open Wakanda. Those are huge character traits that should NEVER change. Yet they were given side characters to give them agency and Sharing those traits rather than straight giving them solely to them wouldn't of changed the movie at all. It's a case of shoehorning agency at the cost of T'Challa when they could of been shared and kept T'Challas core traits intact

Incredible Member

Man.......sigh

How do you carry on in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds?’

I just wish ONE reporter would ask him WHY he didnt recast.
    Because FEIGE AND MOORE DIDN'T WANT HIM TO..
    To them Chadwick=Tchalla I mean that thought process sucks but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It could be looked at as continuing what his father started, or better yet, it could of been T'Challas idea and it's revealed that to be the case on the BP movie. Again, it doesn't matter how old T'Challa is when his father died, hor CORE traits, the two biggest are his intellect and being the first King to open Wakanda. Those are huge character traits that should NEVER change. Yet they were given side characters to give them agency and Sharing those traits rather than straight giving them solely to them wouldn't of changed the movie at all. It's a case of shoehorning agency at the cost of T'Challa when they could of been shared and kept T'Challas core traits intact
    For the record, I don't T'Challa's showings in his movie as better or worse than his showings in Civil War.

For the record, I don't T'Challa's showings in his movie as better or worse than his showings in Civil War.
    it was leaps and bounds better than CW imo. We saw Terminator mode T'Challa, brother, son, friend, lover, King, warrior and everything in between. We didn't get genius T'Challa and visionary T'Challa (into the end) which was a shame

Ultimate Member

We know why he didn't recast. Coogler, Feige and everyone else involved has told us why they didn't recast. Everyone knows why they didn't recast. Retiring a role for some time due to an actor's passing is not a knew idea. Yes, it sucks that it happened to the first black mainstream hit superhero since Blade, but sometimes that's the hand fate deals us. I understand what T'Challa means to people on this board and beyond.
    Yes for tv shows now what movies did it? Star Trek 4 was slated to do that with Pavel Chekov.

But this decision was not made with malice.
    Because nobody else from Batman to Superman to Joker to Xena to Spock would face a not recasting of a role.

Joker should have been retired after Heath died. Yet we got a new guy playing him.

The calls to toss T'Challa were started as soon as the closing credits started.

They went with he was NEVER going to be seen again in the movies. In a multi universe movie world- a variant isn't even a choice???

And if they were so supportive of this-Disney sure is leaving the cast out there and we are a month away from the movie and nothing is in stores???

When every other film had stuff out 3-6 months before the movies?

Black Panther 2 News
    @bpanthernews
    “I had a chat about it with Ryan and Chad when we were making Black Panther (2018)…When I realised I was playing Shuri, it was something that I really looked forward to.”

— Letitia Wright on the possibility of Shuri becoming the next Black Panther in #WakandaForever

The irony is they cast her specifically cause she resembled nothing like comic Shuri. That way they could give her a different lane. Now they are forcing to this happen and I dont buy her at all.

Black Panther 2 News
    @bpanthernews
    “Stan Lee always said that Marvel represents the world outside your window…The world is still processing the loss of Chad. And Ryan poured that into the story.”

— Kevin Feige on Marvel’s decision to not cast recast Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa in #WakandaForever

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    Kevin Feige says they decided not to recast T’Challa in the MCU as “it just felt like it was much too soon to recast.”

(Source: https://empireonline.com/movies/news...-mcu-exclusive)

People are clowning Feige saying "not too soon to start filming tho"
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 09-26-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Niffleheim

Their decision doesn't make sense and invoking Stan Lee is low considering the measures Feige has taken to use Lee's voice and likeness after his death tells me he's full of it. Whatever the case goodluck to them because I certainly won't partake in this nonsense.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Black Panther 2 News
    @bpanthernews
    “Stan Lee always said that Marvel represents the world outside your window…The world is still processing the loss of Chad. And Ryan poured that into the story.”

— Kevin Feige on Marvel’s decision to not cast recast Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa in #WakandaForever

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    Kevin Feige says they decided not to recast T’Challa in the MCU as “it just felt like it was much too soon to recast.”

(Source: https://empireonline.com/movies/news...-mcu-exclusive)

People are clowning Feige saying "not too soon to start filming tho"
    Because they're right. Marvel didn't delay the movie's release date or production start date because of Chadwick's death. They kept it all the same. If Feige actually cared they wouldve delayed the movie for at least a year and consulted with Chadwick's family on what he would've wanted. And Feige using Stan like that just shows that he's like the people that misused Stan's words when complaining about race swaps/lifts.

From “we’re never recasting” to “it’s too soon”. At this point I won’t be surprised if T’Challa returns for Kang dynasty or Secret Wars.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

The "too soon to recast" doesn't mean they have changed their minds and considering Feige, Coogler and Moore being adamant that they'll not recast Kevin saying this now feels hollow.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough