Page 629 of 955 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639679729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 14314

Tchalla seemed pretty in character to me this week. The fight was obviously short and I'm glad Sam didn't win and really wss never in control of it. I love Sam but he csnt take a serious BP on his best day for the most part.

Tchalla saying they arent friends came off to me more of a statement that they have their own stuff to take care of, not that he has some personal dislike of him. Tchalla sees him as a workmates when the situation calls for it not much else. He told him he respects him but beyond that he isn't going to bow to his opinions or wishes.

That seems pretty consistent with his character to me. He's not really the buddy buddy type like a lot of the other avengers. He's there to ensure his people and the rest of the world are safe. I do thing he's probably close with Cap(as in steve).

I liked the last scene on the building, and how he wasn't written as completely cold and unfeeling, but he also stood his ground.

For those saying the democracy isn't great, I mean it seems to me like the book agrees with you. Wakanda as a whole isn't portrayed as being in the right these past two issues, and TChalla himself says that he wouldn't have made the decision they did. So I view the whole thing more as an opportunity to free up TChalla for other stuff and give him an occasional thorn in the side, which I'm fine with.
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 09-28-2022 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it's like they take their own personal experiences in life and then apply those biases to the characters, almost like to punish them for the writers upbringing. I think it was nnendi that said that she had a bias about monarchs growing up and bow that she has a "Voice" on the comics she is going to say her piece (which when it came to T'Challa and anything BP related, has been utter DOGISHT)
    Real talk bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Tchalla seemed pretty in character to me this week. The fight was obviously short and I'm glad Sam didn't win and really wss never in control of it. I love Sam but he csnt take a serious BP on his best day for the most part.

Tchalla saying they arent friends came off to me more of a statement that they have their own stuff to take care of, not that he has some personal dislike of him. Tchalla sees him as a workmates when the situation calls for it not much else. He told him he respects him but beyond that he isn't going to bow to his opinions or wishes.

That seems pretty consistent with his character to me. He's not really the buddy buddy type like a lot of the other avengers. He's there to ensure his people and the rest of the world are safe. I do thing he's probably close with Cap(as in steve).

I liked the last scene on the building, and how he wasn't written as completely cold and unfeeling, but he also stood his ground.

For those saying the democracy isn't great, I mean it seems to me like the book agrees with you. Wakanda as a whole isn't portrayed as being in the right these past two issues, and TChalla himself says that he wouldn't have made the decision they did. So I view the whole thing more as an opportunity to free up TChalla for other stuff and give him an occasional thorn in the side, which I'm fine with.
    Did Sam getting his wings from Wakanda and T'Challa come up at all? I feel like they've been depicted as friends before, or at least close enough.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did Sam getting his wings from Wakanda and T'Challa come up at all? I feel like they've been depicted as friends before, or at least close enough.
    Ya know whats sad is that even if they aren't that close, there's no reason not to be friendly.

It was something I really like about T'Challa, sure he's stoic and very reserved but he is unfailingly polite. Like he is honestly a nice guy and never tries to be rude with anyone unless they do something warrant his disdain.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I cant/couldnt help but feel the 2nd hand embarrassed for Coogler hearing dude rip T'Challa to his face. You can tell by Coogler's body language he was hurt.

I disagreed with the interviewer, but I was hopeful BP2 will end all of that talk. Instead by wiping him out completely you opened up the door for more of this.

I can see a lot of head down moments for Ryan if they ask him tough questions about T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    T
    I do thing he's probably close with Cap(as in steve).
    Before this was copium but... I got a surprise for you... T'challa and real Cap are gonna fight soon too lol.

But im sure its nothing, nothing to see here right?

For those saying the democracy isn't great, I mean it seems to me like the book agrees with you.
    It is only "agreeing" when they use that same energy to go after democracy like they did the monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In 2022 you’re surprised that T’Challa is written to have an antagonistic relationship with another straight black male and becoming increasingly friendless lol? This has been Marvel’s strategy with the character for years. I’d be surprised if Tochi didn’t go in that direction, he’s the type.
    It is just so odd how aimless the franchise seems at times... but when it comes to destroying T'challa's male relationships or taking a dump on him, everything magically becomes unified and on the same page. T
    Look at it this way, T’Challa is a disgrace to his people and no longer king. He’s broken up with his biggest connection to the wider MU (his ex-wife). He’s about to get kicked off the Avengers. Stuff like his leadership of the Agents of Wakanda and the Intergalactic Empire are being ignored/removed from him. T’Challa hasn’t been this directionless since the end of Doomwar and that led to the Liss run.

I don’t think we’re getting T’Challa in Hell’s Kitchen again so I’m wondering what Marvel’s plan for T’Challa is since they’ve systematically divested him of everything that makes him great (minus Storm lol). A cynical fan would say they’re setting the stage to kill T’Challa off and slot someone else in his mantle. An optimistic one would say Marvel’s got an exciting new status quo for T’Challa that’ll be every bit as original and fun as Liss. Idk where we’re going from here but I don’t trust Ridley or his talent nor do I think editorial won’t be influenced by what’s going on in the movies. So yea, I’m side eyeing the exact intentions behind these recent stories.
    It is still bizarre to me they just didn't send him off to space empire land then. Especially with Cha-Cha being rather popular. You could have T'challa out of the way without pooping on him and making it make some canon sense (he has to fix the damage the empire did).

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I believe continuity died a long time ago. The majority of new creators don't do any research on the characters they write. They just watch the MCU or read Wikipedia. I remember back in the day writers would do extensive research and read back issues before jumping on a book. Not so much these days.
    Ok, screw continuity then... why do we have to have two black dudes fighting and bickering with each other.

Meanwhile Shuri, the much more hardline tradionalist (both with Hudlin, Hickman, AND even Coates! Get raped for Wakanda!) solo book has her team up with Ironheart and such.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I tell you what man, as someone who as grown to like Sam... he was an insufferable twat this whole issue.

"where were you when my dad got killed breaking up a fight"... errrr.... watching my dad get killed tried to stop an invasion lol?

where were you when my mom was killed!... errr... my bio mom died in child birth and my step mom at one point was kidnapped, enslaved, and raped in South Africa lol?

Getting into Suffering Olympics with T'challa isn't exactly a winning strategy for symptathy

but I did like the "how american of you " line because... yeah... sounds bout right lol.

I don't like the conversation, i hate the end to another friendship, but at least T'challa sounded like T'challa for once...

and another thing....

This book would have worked 100x better if Marvel put on shuris big girl pants and just had her be the one to fight Sam... gotta take the Tchalla crutch away sooner or later.

Or have Okoye do it so the fight is somewhat even.

T'challa was 1000% used to try and drives sales (damnit it worked I bought it lol) though. But... with guest appearances like this... the point is the drive sales for the series. But what, as a T'challa fans, is really makign me want to buy the next issue?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-29-2022 at 03:03 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I cant/couldnt help but feel the 2nd hand embarrassed for Coogler hearing dude rip T'Challa to his face. You can tell by Coogler's body language he was hurt.

I disagreed with the interviewer, but I was hopeful BP2 will end all of that talk. Instead by wiping him out completely you opened up the door for more of this.

I can see a lot of head down moments for Ryan if they ask him tough questions about T'Challa.
    I feel like you are reaching a lot with your take on this video, seems like Coogler was just trying to find the right words to say. He didn't seem to go out of way to defend t'challa in this video, just help explain why women were prominent.

I really think a lot of peopel have to realize no one at Marvel hates t'challa, it was just way too soon to do another film starrinh him right after the death of the actor they all worked closely with and I assume a lot of them didn't get closure before his death.

I personally think it's obvious they'll use the multiverse to bring in another t'challa from another universe, so there is no real reason to be upset about any events in black panther 2. We may get a new, random black panther but I am sure that person won't last long as the character and they'll make the multiverse version the main guy eventually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I believe continuity died a long time ago. The majority of new creators don't do any research on the characters they write. They just watch the MCU or read Wikipedia. I remember back in the day writers would do extensive research and read back issues before jumping on a book. Not so much these days.
    This really looks like the case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda like how CBR said that Starfox was 'fixed' from his supposed creepy elements because he now looked nontraditional and was acknowledged as pan and not straight.

His character hadn't really changed (and he was never a rapist, sigh...), but he had a new coat of paint! 'Problem' solved.
    The Starfox thing is just weird all round.

His powers are problematic, ok fine. The solution is to apparently depict him as non-binary or something, how does that even address the problematic issues that some creators have raised?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Starfox thing is just weird all round.

His powers are problematic, ok fine. The solution is to apparently depict him as non-binary or something, how does that even address the problematic issues that some creators have raised?
    There's a one-shot out next week that may address that, but the approach they seem to be taking is to dial down the hedonism, dial up the empathy.

After all, nobody dings MCU Mantis for affecting people's emotions.

I mean, he isn't entirely wrong. And Cooglers answer is a jumbled mess and not exactly true either. He said he changed a few things of the characters but he changed all of them. The ONLY character who had a more developed personality was Shuri and they changed her entirely. But wanting to give the women agency (not a problem) they ended up doing it in a way that T'Challa suffered (losing out his genius to Shuri, Nakia being the one to suggest opening Wakanda) While T'Challa was shown more passive, driving the plot but not fully in control, and this is especially highlighted when he gets thrown off the waterfall.

Coogler didn't really give a good answer here

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I tell you what man, as someone who as grown to like Sam... he was an insufferable twat this whole issue.

"where were you when my dad got killed breaking up a fight"... errrr.... watching my dad get killed tried to stop an invasion lol?

where were you when my mom was killed!... errr... my bio mom died in child birth and my step mom at one point was kidnapped, enslaved, and raped in South Africa lol?

Getting into Suffering Olympics with T'challa isn't exactly a winning strategy for symptathy

but I did like the "how american of you " line because... yeah... sounds bout right lol.

I don't like the conversation, i hate the end to another friendship, but at least T'challa sounded like T'challa for once...

and another thing....

This book would have worked 100x better if Marvel put on shuris big girl pants and just had her be the one to fight Sam... gotta take the Tchalla crutch away sooner or later.

Or have Okoye do it so the fight is somewhat even.

T'challa was 1000% used to try and drives sales (damnit it worked I bought it lol) though. But... with guest appearances like this... the point is the drive sales for the series. But what, as a T'challa fans, is really makign me want to buy the next issue?
    Shuri doesn't sell. Funny how Folasade says she's "in charge" yet Shuri is the one taking over. They need T'Challa as "the muscle" and then fake ass leader Folasade and fake ass leader Shuri are "The authority". And democracy is only bad when it's in a cap book, but in a BP book the the greatest thing ever and how one earth did Wakanda even function past absolute savagery before democracy came in?

It's so old and these writers are so bad for anything BP related

At this point Marvel is gonna put their wings around him and protect him from any kind of real criticism for T'Challa role, and erasure. I think dude should have never been given what was a golden opportunity to bring T'Challa on screen. He makes me ill!

6B58C6F5-FF5D-41F2-9D9B-9931CB08C0B1.jpg

I really hope Shuri does something like this in the MCU. Only because I know think piece Twitter will be on fire as a result. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"