Page 864 of 955 FirstFirst ... 364764814854860861862863864865866867868874914 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    T'Challa would have gone Walkabout, leaving SHURI as Queen. In his travels he would come across some very interesting foes, new and old, some tied to Wakanda's distant past.

We would have explained how and why Zanda has superpowers (yes, she dies in season "1." No, it doesn't stick because of reasons.) And I would have set her up as one of two love interests for T'Challa. No storm. No mutants. None of that.

Moses Magnum would have been brought in as well as Slay (re-imagined Madam Slay), both redesigned and updated in a rebuilt Shadow Council. M'Baku would be back and Kalu would have finally been Kirby-ized into the red guy from the comics.

Shuri and Wakanda would have ended up on opposite sides to T'Challa over a BIGGGGGGGG secret from Wakanda's past.

No more Avengers guest-starring in favor of members of the Defenders (including Cage and Misty Knight) stepping up for support hero roles.

These were part of my plans. Who knows if MARVEL would have let me do any of it? Based on what's come about since then, I'm betting they wouldn't have.

Ah well.
    I’ll always love and appreciate what you gave us with BPQ. It’s likely to be the closest we’ll ever get to a BP animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Wow. First article to point out that Shuri’s time as BP wasn’t this groundbreaking big deal that others been trying to claim and that it didn’t last long. Also the first and probably only article to properly call out the fact that Chadwick’s death was used to sell the movie.

I wasn’t a fan of the Hudlin era but I’ll take him back in a heartbeat. He liked T’Challa and his T’Challa got to do cool stuff.

So we got 14 years since the last time T’Challa was happy and 10 years since the last good series ended.
    Also the first article to call out that the decision was made with the MCUs movie timetable in mind, another thing that gets glossed over a bunch.

I could see why Hudlins run could be a stark difference from Priest, but honestly? I liked it, it allowed T'Challa tondo cool stuff and carry a swagger we didn't see in Priest run, and the friendship he had with Cage, and the team up in 4 the hardway was SO good and I'm PISSED, no one ever followed up on it. Overall his run was like high octane action and fun, which at this point we definitely need. Too many wannabe writer's want this deep complex political thriller like priest but lack the skills to produce. Redjack being one of a few who can do it. Frankly, we could use a Hudlinesque Saturday morning cartoon like run right about now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Also the first article to call out that the decision was made with the MCUs movie timetable in mind, another thing that gets glossed over a bunch.

I could see why Hudlins run could be a stark difference from Priest, but honestly? I liked it, it allowed T'Challa tondo cool stuff and carry a swagger we didn't see in Priest run, and the friendship he had with Cage, and the team up in 4 the hardway was SO good and I'm PISSED, no one ever followed up on it. Overall his run was like high octane action and fun, which at this point we definitely need. Too many wannabe writer's want this deep complex political thriller like priest but lack the skills to produce. Redjack being one of a few who can do it. Frankly, we could use a Hudlinesque Saturday morning cartoon like run right about now
    But didn't Feige say that they could have delayed the movie recently?

If that time line was so important wouldn't that had meant T'Challa was out the door before Secret Wars and Shuri or Junior was in the suit by then?

So writing him out was the endgame later on and Ryan just moved ahead?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Heheh thats funny.

The sad thing is its not like Marvel is doing really badly, if anything a lot of its series are doing quite well so it makes the relative failure of the Black Panther brand all the more astonishing and an indictment of their general handling of the character.

They've been forcing this direction for the past 7 years and its not working.

Incredible Member

Thought this was cool. Really talented:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClerV...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Heheh thats funny.

The sad thing is its not like Marvel is doing really badly, if anything a lot of its series are doing quite well so it makes the relative failure of the Black Panther brand all the more astonishing and an indictment of their general handling of the character.

They've been forcing this direction for the past 7 years and its not working.
    At the very least get hill to take over is they’re this hellbent on not letting Redjack sit in the drivers seat. Hill has a very interesting idea with the mystical side of the mythos that’s begging to be expanded upon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

But remember, WAKANDA is the character not T'Challa, as it's always been that way - Kevin Feige
    What a bullshit artist that guy is.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But didn't Feige say that they could have delayed the movie recently?

If that time line was so important wouldn't that had meant T'Challa was out the door before Secret Wars and Shuri or Junior was in the suit by then?

So writing him out was the endgame later on and Ryan just moved ahead?
    I mean, I look at what was done INITIALLY over what was said later. Feigi was very quick to downplay T'Challas importance and push the narrative that the sequel was always going to be about Wakanda, because THAT was the main character, even in the comics.

They don't delay the film at all. Not until Covid and Letitia getting injured force them to. They are too broken up and sad to Recast and yet no one stops and thinks, "Hey maybe we should take a breather and sort out our grief and deal with this loss and then come back to honor our friend"

Feigi and Nate Moore said one thing at the start of all of this then another thing at the end. O don't care much for what is said WAY after the fact because it comes off more as retrofitting and scapegoating, ESPECIALLY from Nate Moore. Actions speak louder than words

Wakanda being "the main character " saves them alot of contract money with the black actors who make it up.
    Everyone is essentially replaceable in the name of "representation"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Wakanda being "the main character " saves them alot of contract money with the black actors who make it up.
    Everyone is essentially replaceable in the name of "representation"

It’s really annoying that he would say that. I saw him in an interview say “it’s about Wakanda”, and he said it like he really knew what he was talking about. I bet Stan Lee and Jack Kirby would say otherwise when it comes to Black Panther. They were the REAL architects of Marvel. From what I’m reading it sounds like Feige doubled down on this wack a$$ theory. When the numbers for BP2 drop, I hope he’s smart enough to recognize his shortsightedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It’s really annoying that he would say that. I saw him in an interview say “it’s about Wakanda”, and he said it like he really knew what he was talking about. I bet Stan Lee and Jack Kirby would say otherwise when it comes to Black Panther. They were the REAL architects of Marvel. From what I’m reading it sounds like Feige doubled down on this wack a$$ theory. When the numbers for BP2 drop, I hope he’s smart enough to recognize his shortsightedness.
    I think with the success of the MCU he fancies himself as a modern day Stan Lee or Jack kirby. He had the audacity to call the MCU the 616 after all

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The whole "Wakanda is the real character" is just an excuse to justify not recasting and attempting to give more stuff to the side-characters to make up for the loss of the MC

If Chadwick God rest his soul were still alive they would nowhere near be parroting this so much, instead they would just say stuff like "Oh Black Panther has a great supporting cast that enhances him and ****"

Disney does this **** all the time. I remember during the lead-up to Homecoming and Far From Home they kept advertising Peter's classmates and hyping how diverse they are when in the film proper they are background characters not relevant to the plot at all.

Niffleheim

If Wakanda is the main character here on out then I'm guessing diminishing returns is part of their equation too.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

In all the wash that has rinsed T'Challa to nearly nothing, I am happy, to an extent, that the afro-futurism that is Wakanda has inspired people. I know it's fake, but if those links to the Bashenga project were real, that Wakanda could be some kind of afro-fantasy, GoT project is cool. Maybe a blacksploitation era of scifi/fantasy resulting from the BP film and morphing into something more meaningful would salve my feelings for how T'Challa was a mere catalyst. Maybe.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    If Chadwick God rest his soul were still alive they would nowhere near be parroting this so much, instead they would just say stuff like "Oh Black Panther has a great supporting cast that enhances him and ****"

Disney does this **** all the time. I remember during the lead-up to Homecoming and Far From Home they kept advertising Peter's classmates and hyping how diverse they are when in the film proper they are background characters not relevant to the plot at all.
    And the usual suspect scream those films and Top Gun are films done right and that is why they made money.

Especially when attacking Strange World. Don't see Disney defending that ultra diverse movie.

The whole "Wakanda is the real character" is just an excuse to justify not recasting and attempting to give more stuff to the side-characters to make up for the loss of the MC
    They would not say that about say the USS Enterprise. How many times has that ship been replaced?

They don't say it about the Tardis.

They don't say it about Gotham, Smallville, Metropolis or New York.