Page 34 of 955 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Nobility. Got it.
    Well I would like to think that someone of T'Challas stature wouldn't pine after a married woman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    (Sign) ....Geez, would having more black writers present in the office fix any of this garbage. Maybe it's asking too much to expect a group of late 30's, early 40's yrs old white geeks to really understand and write the nuances of black characters and their love lives?
    You can get all the black writers you want but they are all at the mercy of editorial of licensed characters.

There are things that Static, Spawn, Malcolm Dragon, Shadow Man and others can do that Panther and others can't.

Malcolm Dragon has a wife and 2 kids by her. Another by his stepsister and one more by his ex-girlfriend. 3 kids came via an orgy with those 3 ladies.
    Marvel is NOT going to let Panther have 3 kids by 3 different women.
    Static had an honest talk about sex with his Dad and was taught how to use condoms (in his old series).
    We will NEVER see that scene with Miles and his Dad.

And as others said you have to be careful WHO you bring in as Coates era showed.

Unless you get a strong editor or McDuffie's ghost-who will make sure that mess does not happen.

Moving away from the question of romance, why haven't we gotten a Black Panther center event involving multiple books? Curious when we consider Cap, Thor, Carol, and Hulk had events. Hell Moon Knight just had a mini. Eddie Brock Venom...????!!!? They know full well that black heroes are being shorted, and don't care.
    Miles had two of sorts-Into Spiderverse and mini for Absolute Carnage.

Before that..... Worlds Collide starring Milestone, Superman, Steel & Superboy from 1994. The 2nd time a black guy (Static) saved the day. Before that Strike (written by Chuck Dixon) from Eclipse Comic's event did it and died.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Thank you! The race swaps seems pointless and it just reinforces what we all have been saying. Whether she turned him down or he turned her down it's irrelevant because nothing really materialized, and if it he'd have been killed or written off.
    I think they kissed or declared their love for each other (more or less) in the third volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Hudlin would have directed a great movie so long as he lets someone else write dialog

Yeah no disrespect, but I always thought most BP fans preferred Hickman over Hudlin. But we almost universally feel Priest was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah no disrespect, but I always thought most BP fans preferred Hickman over Hudlin. But we almost universally feel Priest was the best.
    After the drought following Hudlins era, Hickman was great, and his depiction of T'Challa was really good... It just went downhill once he had him crying and being scolded like a child... And not being able to exact revenge on Namor. He became all talk

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I'm only talking about directing. Hudlin has experience. But with Hickman writing and hudlin directing would make for an outstanding movie

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they kissed or declared their love for each other (more or less) in the third volume.
    Got it! Well at least something then.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I'm only talking about directing. Hudlin has experience. But with Hickman writing and hudlin directing would make for an outstanding movie
    Hudlin taking over would mean manufactured filmmaking in the MCU. His film would be Ant Man or Homecoming status in terms of quality because he wouldnt have much control.

Maybe by the 3rd film they'd let him make his "No Way Home" in terms of event films. However, Hudlin = snoozefest. He wouldnt have the pull do what he really wants. And wouldnt have the chops to really make the MCU formula bend the way the Russos would.

Amazing Member

I think i finally understand what Coates was going for -

So you'd agree T'challa is pretty arrogant right? I mean, why wouldn't he be? He's the richest man alive, damm near the smartest, went to all the best schools, is a literal prince, and as a result was basically a brat growing up (till his dad got ganked but thats besides the point). I think Coates was trying to do a "to the man who has everything" type story. He was trying to humble T'challa with all the L's but the only way that would've made sense and been somewhat coherent was if he kept T'challa's personality intact. None of that "reluctant king" isht. Depicting him as the douchebag that he can sometimes be would've fit in the story. I would've understood that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s Carol’s longest running relationship at this point and it just feels so incredibly… empty? I keep forgetting they’re even together lol, there’s no passion there either between the characters or from the writers. They hooked up because they’re both soldiers I guess and that seems to be all they have in common. Makes me think about what makes the “iconic” LI stick, your Lois Lanes, Catwomans, and Mary Janes. Said it before but T’Challa needs someone who is his opposite personality wise to be his LI.
    I think it's kinda harder to do than it seems fo any character nowadays.

If the writer creates a non powered/non costumed L.I. they are wasting their time as they will not stick. Unless they are a 60's legacy like Mary Jane or Jane Foster and old school nerds are invested in them being around.

If the Writers creates a powered/costumed L.I. they run the risk of getting Ed Brubaker'd and not seeing a dime off that character if they ever hit the MCU or any other outside media,

There's not a lot of reasons for writers to even bother creating L.I.s for thier books anymore, as opposed to just using whichever super nobody else is using at the moment.

RedJack tweet alert

https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...458971136?s=20

More Panthers quest maybe?
    Gonna goto sleep tonight pretending thats the case

Mighty Member

RedJack tweet alert

Yes. I mean, YES!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

January 26th is Ridleys make or break moment.
    RedJack tweet alert

1C60AD01-514B-489E-B4E2-705E2FB755C8.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Redjack.... Don't play man... Your going to give us hope... We need answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Redjack.... Don't play man... Your going to give us hope... We need answers
    After looking at the hashtag, it’s apparently for animators that want to unionize. Not BP related but a noble cause nonetheless.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"