Page 44 of 955 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I feel like people don't acknowledge how influential Don McGregor's Jungle Action was to the MCU film. Looking back the run wasn't perfect and certainly has it's problems. But you also have to take into account where BP was at the time. Jungle Action was kind of this throwaway book that McGregor actually did some solid work on given the time and the circumstances at Marvel. Priest and McDuffie always spoke so highly of the run and how it influenced some of their writing it gave me a new appreciation for McGregor's work as I went back and reread it. That's not to say I didn't have certain issues with it, because I did.

His comic-con panel still cracks me up tho

His Tchalla was trash

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Silverblack Panther?

In the movie, the mantle of Black Panther and the throne are more or less the same thing, save for the fact that T'Chaka was still king when T'Challa was the Panther. I can only assume that T'Challa was given the mantle when his father became too old to fight. Certainly, nobody blinked an eye when Killmonger became both.
    Are we certain he became both? Noone called him the Black Panther. With the challenge, he won the right to rule as king and consume the herb, the mantle/and suit where not necessarily given to him. Also, his (Kilmonger) lineage was that of the Panther tribe/clan/group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Are we certain he became both? Noone called him the Black Panther. With the challenge, he won the right to rule as king and consume the herb, the mantle/and suit where not necessarily given to him. Also, his (Kilmonger) lineage was that of the Panther tribe/clan/group.
    Consuming the herb is how one BECOMES Black Panther, so yeah?

The argument that he contested for both mantles separately has merit, but the challenge was specifically (as Zuri put it) "a path to the throne". So... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I don't know why we allow these people to steal our franchise. The hell with black girl magic and feminism. The damn Dora Milaje was a better fighter than T'Challa in the first film, seemingly. I'm tired of black men suffering for black feminism and other bs excuses they use to neuter them. Tired of Twitter fans that know next to nothing about the character being so influential. Ugh! Give Shuri her own movie but she'll never be the da real Black Panther! Honestly, if they want black girl magic then they should've attacked Captain Marvel for screwing Monica Rambeau. They turned her into a fangirl of the person who wasn't even the first female Captain Marvel lol
    Lmao, yeah and folks who knew the history laughed at this irony! Patience, this thing will play out and T'Challa will return in the long run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    TChalla will be back in cinema, it’s just a matter of when.
    When nobody cares if Marvel really wanted to have their way, I'm sure.

Is T'Challa really only 6'0 tall? Thought he'd be about 6'2 but I guess it makes sense. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Consuming the herb is how one BECOMES Black Panther, so yeah?

The argument that he contested for both mantles separately has merit, but the challenge was specifically (as Zuri put it) "a path to the throne". So... *shrugs*
    Right, I think the first challenge was different from the second. Erik specifically challenged for both, like he said it verbally. While the first one was specifically for the throne because T'Chaka was dead

Is T'Challa really only 6'0 tall? Thought he'd be about 6'2 but I guess it makes sense. Hehe

Yeah I think historically he’s been 6’0 and 200 pounds. Which to me means he should always be drawn pretty ripped by comic standards, not slender.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This. For all the good Don did, that has always been my biggest issue with his run. How badly he constantly made T'Challa get beat up was ridiculous. I gotta know his reasoning for T'Challa was getting stomped and someone or something saves him from the villain every time. Had he written the T'Challa winning and more like Gillis' mini which was like a mix of Priest and McGregor, I don't think it would have taken so long for Marvel to start taking the character seriously. I think the constant beatings was mentioned by Priest as one of the things that he didn't like about the character when he was given the series.
    Yup. The world building Don Mac did was great. Too bad his T'Challa suffered.

Like I said, he wrote T'Challa like a Shakespearean tragedy. A very wordy Shakespearean tragedy. It was unbearable to read and watch.

I really would like to see a retelling of McGregor's Panthers rage, and update the villains, Monica Lynn, and give us a Satisfying ending to the fight with Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I really would like to see a retelling of McGregor's Panthers rage, and update the villains, Monica Lynn, and give us a Satisfying ending to the fight with Erik
    Animated series or video game would be perfect.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The damn Dora Milaje was a better fighter than T'Challa in the first film, seemingly.
    No they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The annoying thing is no one wants to do the REQUIRED work to build up a female without black male bashing or what we saw with Coates.
    Novel wise-Marvel is doing the WORK to build Shuri up as herself. Everywhere else that is NOT happening.

We all know it is going to be a battle to get any black female to SNIFF Carol Danvers let alone Wonder Woman or Catwoman or Supergirl or Batwoman's level.

Yet too many of our black ladies are put in the hands of agenda driven folks that is toxic at times. There is a reason Moon Girl and Riri are where they are at. They never took shots at black men.

Remember we did not get her run as Cap Marvel in trades before that movie. Her only trade with that came out and pretty much sold out for a good two years.

I am not sure her run as leader of the Avengers is in trade. So most of them would not even know.
    This is not and never has been about black men vs black women. This happens to every superhero once in a while, regardless of race. Captain America got the same thing in United States of Captain America. Batman got the same thing in King and Tynion's runs.

I cannot stress this enough, this is not about black men and women being against each other. People backing black girl magic or whatever are not going to support Shuri as the Panther if she is played by Wright and them wanting her to be the new Black Panther (before the Wright controversy) was based solely on the fact that Shuri has been Black Panther before.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No they weren't.
    I'll see i mispoke earlier but personally I felt an emphasis to overpush Okoye. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is not and never has been about black men vs black women. This happens to every superhero once in a while, regardless of race. Captain America got the same thing in United States of Captain America. Batman got the same thing in King and Tynion's runs.

I cannot stress this enough, this is not about black men and women being against each other. People backing black girl magic or whatever are not going to support Shuri as the Panther if she is played by Wright and them wanting her to be the new Black Panther (before the Wright controversy) was based solely on the fact that Shuri has been Black Panther before.
    Most of them probably didn't even know Shuri had been Black Panther lol.