Page 181 of 955 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 14314

BLACK PANTHER #7

JOHN RIDLEY (W) • STEFANO LANDINI (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS

The Hatut Zeraze have taken control of Wakanda, and with the Black Panther branded a traitor, the future of the nation is at a crossroads. To clear his name and protect his people from his own mistakes, T’Challa must reckon with his legacy — starting with the acknowledgement that leadership is only as strong as the faith of its following.

Gonna be real curious how it went from "he has spies for Wakanda" to "t'challa's a traitor"

And this is 100% hunter lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Another Mech Strike Mini coming up

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

BLACK PANTHER #7

Gonna be real curious how it went from "he has spies for Wakanda" to "t'challa's a traitor"

I’ll be real shocked if it isn’t Hunter.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

I’m loving this Black Panther run a bit slow but it’s getting better.
    I think it’s the Prime Minister

BLACK PANTHER #7

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I’m loving this Black Panther run a bit slow but it’s getting better.
    I think it’s the Prime Minister
    Prime Minister is the benefactor but I think Hunter is the one pulling the strings.

A lot less of an explanation if its Hunter. Who else would have any idea how t'challa's brain works?

They would have to have an entire issue explaining how the PM has any idea what T'challa is thinking and where he woudl go, let alone information on his secret spy program his sister didn't even know

Yep lol. It's def Hunter

Astonishing Member

BLACK PANTHER #7

That’s a good ass cover.

Yea Hunter feels most likely. The only one who would know is pretty much him or someone else older than T’Challa. There’s a good chance the different theories we’ve all been talking about are right to some extent. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jhai is in on the plan and that the Prime Minister is too, just for her shady government to get betrayed by the HZ.

But an OC villain is also possible, I can’t say I’d be surprised if we get another character retconned into T’Challa’s backstory to make this story work.

Cover is fire.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s a good ass cover.

Yea Hunter feels most likely. The only one who would know is pretty much him or someone else older than T’Challa. There’s a good chance the different theories we’ve all been talking about are right to some extent. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jhai is in on the plan and that the Prime Minister is too, just for her shady government to get betrayed by the HZ.

But an OC villain is also possible, I can’t say I’d be surprised if we get another character retconned into T’Challa’s backstory to make this story work.
    Gonna have to be a lot of explaining to do in the next two issues.

If Ridley wastes any panels, its gonna be rough.

In the back of my head, I hope some slim hope that the PM is dirty, labels T'challa a traitor, it isn't true, T'challa (with the new kid) comes back to save Wakanda from itself, the people realize the old system of a noble king was better than this parliament ****, and give the power back to the BP.

I don't expect it, but i'll have hope lol

BLACK PANTHER #7

It's a good cover but it's kinda ironic, with all of Ridleys talk about how his run is exploring Black male friendship and all that, there ain't a single brother up there with T'Challa. They dead, MIA, or traitors apparently (Akili). Like WTF why the hell are Ayo and Aneka on the cover? They are the worst characters created in recent years

BLACK PANTHER #7

*yawn*

I don't understand the dynamics here at all. The Wakandan government wants T'Challa to do all the work, but have zero authority, complains he isn't doing enough, and apparently brands him a traitor for doing something they should be doing anyway?

That’s a good ass cover.
    Ah yes... a badass Panther flanked by his ex-wife, his kid sister, two bodyguards, and a traitor. So much for "brotherhood".

Astonishing Member

Prime Minister is the benefactor but I think Hunter is the one pulling the strings.

A lot less of an explanation if its Hunter. Who else would have any idea how t'challa's brain works?

They would have to have an entire issue explaining how the PM has any idea what T'challa is thinking and where he woudl go, let alone information on his secret spy program his sister didn't even know
    Yea I'm expecting that at some point Hunter will betray the PM, unless it turns out their lovers or something lol.

No way he'd be happy with even a semi-democratic Wakanda, he'd want things to be more authoritarian. Or (and I think this would be more the interesting direction), we see what would logically happen if Wakandans have control of their own foreign policy. They hate outsiders and have been invaded nonstop, it's likely that while they want to be isolationist they know they can't ever be that again so choose to preemptively attack their perceived enemies instead of just spying.

Without the moderating influences of T'Challa's open-mindedness to the outside world, the Wakandan Parliament would likely regress politically. Which may be where Tosin eventually comes in, to help T'Challa's forces put down the HZ then carve out a role for himself, hopefully as either a sidekick or villain and not T'Challa's replacement.

T'Challa having to fight against the worst impulses of humanity within his own people while wrestling with the fact he helped bring them to that point could be good. But it's also really similar to the movie and the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda arc so idk how that'd work. Honestly, another Wakandan coup/civil war was the least inspiring direction to take the first arc.

Gonna have to be a lot of explaining to do in the next two issues.

If Ridley wastes any panels, its gonna be rough.

In the back of my head, I hope some slim hope that the PM is dirty, labels T'challa a traitor, it isn't true, T'challa (with the new kid) comes back to save Wakanda from itself, the people realize the old system of a noble king was better than this parliament ****, and give the power back to the BP.

I don't expect it, but i'll have hope lol
    Ridley had Shuri compare T'Challa's views on monarchy to a dictator. I strongly doubt he's gonna give T'Challa complete control as king again. Other writers will probably continue to ignore it and show T'Challa as having unilateral power, but I expect to see either more power-sharing between the throne and Parliament or an entirely new form of government. I don't even know how you'd do the former since we don't even know what powers T'Challa has right now, let alone what political power he stands to gain after this arc.

That’s a good ass cover.

With all the OCs (pretty much the entire cast save a few) Ridley really can't afford to introduce an OC main villain. He doesn't have the space to develop the OCs he has and he would be better off having it be Hunter, maybe throw in an extra curveball and have Hunter AND Achebe working together and using the PM as their puppet for some throwback and chaos as those two are the only ones I can think of that will know how Tchalla thinks, and can manipulate thing's to make him appear the traitor.

Though cotdamm can we get prep T'Challa up on here as well to actually start being proactive to this story and not just reacting to everything?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    *yawn*

I don't understand the dynamics here at all. The Wakandan government wants T'Challa to do all the work, but have zero authority, complains he isn't doing enough, and apparently brands him a traitor for doing something they should be doing anyway?

Ah yes... a badass Panther flanked by his ex-wife, his kid sister, two bodyguards, and a traitor. So much for "brotherhood".
    Yea, the words and the art really don't match what's being said lol. It's not like a focus on brotherhood means no girls allowed lol but I don't think we've seen a single non-villainous black male on a non-variant cover. Except Blade as part of the Avengers on the first cover, but I'd hardly call him close to T'Challa.

But the point still stands Ross did a good job with the piece, my thoughts on the characters involved notwithstanding. Don't like that hair on Storm, but I don't think anyone could make it work for me, I hate the mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    *yawn*

*Ahem* Correction. 1 body guard, 2 traitor's and one disgruntled employee who won't stop bitchin and being negative about everything.

Yeah though so much for brotherhood and male friendship. This could of been the perfect time to revive the male cast, bring back W'Kabi or Taku, you know, his IN CONTINUITY best friends and really dive into what that means. His supporting cast is bloated by redundant and unneeded female supporting cast. Ayo, Aneka, and Storm need to GTFO, and after this arc Omolola can kindly GTFO ad we'll.