Page 419 of 955 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    no chance, that's true.

yep. more than possible. some people have actually accomplished this. that said, heroes do need to get their asses whipped so they can come back.

I believe there's a way to make nearly everyone happy (except Storm fans, sadly. She's an anchor that needs to be out of the Panther story except for RARE special occasions.) but, again, I'm 99.9999999999999% sure they'd never let me do it. Even if we started strong, halfway through, somebody high up would give some mandate that would **** it up.

Still, one never knows...
    I honestly don't give two ishts about what Storm fans want, at this point it's been more so the latest BP writers that keeps involving Storm (maybe it's from higher up who knows) but this whole T'Challa sucks, he can't fight he can't plan, he is a enormous idiot, and he struggles against weak ass villains. Who's he has consistently spanked since 98. The writers currently are not skilled enough to write a competent T'Challa while deconstructing. They go ALL IN on T'Challa in a way that makes fans not even like the character for how horrible he's been written and it just doesn't stop... However, of someone like you is writing it then atleast we have a Strong developed T'Challa who doesn't take Ls and delegate all his traits and feat to out of franchise characters or Pet OCs

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I honestly think it's the opposite. Editorial doesn't CARE about a character unless there's a movie coming out, and then they just want his or her name on covers. The X-Office is a notable exception because they've basically been on one long rolling storyline since Hox/PoX. Ridley is a decent writer (better than Coates by a long shot) but has a particular story to tell and damn the consequences. And Marvel Editorial doesn't care.

Please recall, these are the same bozos who decided to kill off Stephen Strange shortly before his new movie came out...
    I wonder on BPs case a a bit of both. Because how this story is unfolding it makes zero sense m we literally went from assassin Killing his agents and who's the mastermind. To another civil war, the HZ have taken over, Tosin is the new hero and T'Challa is going off on his own adventure, and absolutely NO mention or hint at who's behind it (though we already know) the story is so janky and disjointed and though it switched for MCU synergy

My friends. I’m extremely disturbed by the state of the black panther property at this moment. I just finished reading issue 6 and I’m not sure how much worse this can get.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    My friends. I’m extremely disturbed by the state of the black panther property at this moment. I just finished reading issue 6 and I’m not sure how much worse this can get.
    Friend FriendRoss... I have been reading comics almost 50 years, and I can honestly say this:

NEVER ask that question. It can ALWAYS get worse...

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    sam wilson is about to beat that ass so lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Was looking at Timeless again and I noticed that the female BP might not be Shuri but Storm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Was looking at Timeless again and I noticed that the female BP might not be Shuri but Storm.

Storm is the center of one of the X-line’s most important and critically acclaimed titles. There’s basically 0 chance Marvel would do something as stupid as separating her from the X-Men to be the lead of what is at best a B-list title that not too long ago was selling less than 15k. Not after a big deal was made of the fact Coates wasn’t writing her anymore and the X-office had full editorial control over her character again.

There’s also no cinematic value to having Storm take the mantle, T’Challa’s not in the MCU anymore and whatever ties she has to Wakanda in the movies will be firmly secondary for her character. Assuming any ties are created at all.

It’s possible we see an AU version of Storm become BP but that would probably have no bearing on her or T’Challa’s character in the main universe. I haven’t been keeping up with Spider-Man recently but I also don’t know of any current story where MJ takes over for Peter, so I imagine that the scene of her and the other woman taking on the mantles is just a possible future that we’ll (thankfully) never get to see. If any female character is replacing T’Challa, it would be Shuri or a member of the Dora Milaje.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    sam wilson is about to beat that ass so lol
    Completely lol. We got a good preview of how Onyebuchi likes to write T’Challa so I thoroughly expect him to job and get berated by Falcon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

It was a huge rumor about this in the beginning of the year. Tons of online reports and YouTube videos.

1. Hickman story the kid she was supposed to have/virus that was put into a different world… a young avenger.

2. Shuri

3. Alternate version of storm.

X-men red is only 6 books
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 07-02-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Completely lol. We got a good preview of how Onyebuchi likes to write T’Challa so I thoroughly expect him to job and get berated by Falcon.
    So the writers do dislike T'Challa because he's a king.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Crazy how eager these recent black writers jump at the opportunity to chump the most popular and important black fictional hero of all time. Why so much disrespect?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I honestly don't give two ishts about what Storm fans want, at this point it's been more so the latest BP writers that keeps involving Storm (maybe it's from higher up who knows) but this whole T'Challa sucks, he can't fight he can't plan, he is a enormous idiot, and he struggles against weak ass villains. Who's he has consistently spanked since 98. The writers currently are not skilled enough to write a competent T'Challa while deconstructing. They go ALL IN on T'Challa in a way that makes fans not even like the character for how horrible he's been written and it just doesn't stop... However, of someone like you is writing it then atleast we have a Strong developed T'Challa who doesn't take Ls and delegate all his traits and feat to out of franchise characters or Pet OCs
    Without being critical of any other creator, I agree with the sprit of what your'e saying here.

T'Challa was a b-lister whom Priest ALONE elevated to ICON status. ALONE.

Now the he's there, he should stay there. It's neither difficult nor corruptive to elevate Shuri to a similar status. We did it on our show and it can EASILY be done in the comics without punking out anyone. Wakanda, like a lot of Lee/Kirby creations like New Genesis, Asgard etc. is, just another Hidden Utopia and should be presented as such. Civil wars in Wakanda are antithetical to the concept of its existence and ultimately cancerous to the overall concept. As we've seen over the last few years. Wakanda is considerably worse than it was when we met it and that's due to company edict. Nothing can happen in the comics that isn't signed off on by management. Nothing.

While, as an American, monarchies are like acid on my skin, ASGARD isn't and should not be a Western style democracy and Wakanda shouldn't be either. There should be tension between the high council and the Royals but there should be Royals. Just as there are in Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc. These are NOT documentaries about Real Africa and the further you push Wakanada towards the reality of modern and especially past Africa, the more you corrupt its essential conceptual base, its core. Nothing should happen in any super-hero comic that doesn't ultimately push the focus of that comic to further greatness and I'm not talking about the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

The focus of the Black Panther is, wait for it, the Black Panther. it's right there in the title.

I definitely have a fix that would make nearly the whole audience happy, set Wakanda's politics into a reasonable space. give honor to its past and smack it for its sins, honor most of the continuity (even the stuff I hate) but here are the drawbacks:

it would take three years to do it. Marvel would need to commit to it and STICK to that commitment and I'd need to have ONE artistic partner for each of the three arcs.

NONE of that is going to happen. I'm not even pitching the idea to them because it's highly likely they'll say no but still pick out the cool bits and throw them into whatever story arc is being told by someone else.

Nope to all of that.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill. All writers are different and want to tell different sorts of stories, even using the same sets of characters. ALL of these takes are valid, even when I disagree with them. If Marvel asks me to do BP one-shots I'll always show up for them because they can be "movies" that begin and end and don't have to worry about existing storylines. Outside that, I just don't see how Marvel will ever let me do what clearly needs to be done.

So, I'll be over here, working on Blood Syndicate (which, incidentally, is about to BLOW THE **** UP.).

As the master said, "Be Like Water."

As Mr. Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want. But, if you try, sometimes, you just may find you get what you need."
    Last edited by Redjack; 07-02-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Without being critical of any other creator, I agree with the sprit of what your'e saying here.

Now the he's there, he should stay there. It's neither difficult nor corruptive to elevate Shuri to a similar status. We did it on our show and it can EASILY be done in the comics without punking out anyone. Wakanda, like a lot of Lee/Kirby creations like New Genesis, Asgard etc. is, just another Hidden Utopia and should be presented as such. Civil wars in Wakanda are antithetical to the concept of its existence and ultimately cancerous to the overall concept. As we've seen over the last few years. Wakanda is considerably worse than it was when we met it and that's due to company edict. Nothing can happen in the comics that isn't signed off on by management. Nothing.

While, as an American, monarchies are like acid on my skin, ASGARD isn't and should not be a Western style democracy and Wakanda shouldn't be either. There should be tension between the high council and the Royals but there should be Royals. Just as there are in Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc. These are NOT documentaries about Real Africa and the further you push Wakanada towards the reality of modern and especially past Africa, the more you corrupt its essential conceptual base, its core. Nothing should happen in any super-hero comic that doesn't ultimately push the focus of that comic to further greatness and I'm not talking about the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

The focus of the Black Panther is, wait for it, the Black Panther. it's right there in the title.

I definitely have a fix that would make nearly the whole audience happy, set Wakanda's politics into a reasonable space. give honor to its past and smack it for its sins, honor most of the continuity (even the stuff I hate) but here are the drawbacks:

it would take three years to do it. Marvel would need to commit to it and STICK to that commitment and I'd need to have ONE artistic partner for each of the three arcs.

NONE of that is going to happen. I'm not even pitching the idea to them because it's highly likely they'll say no but still pick out the cool bits and throw them into whatever story arc is being told by someone else.

Nope to all of that.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill. All writers are different and want to tell different sorts of stories, even using the same sets of characters. ALL of these takes are valid, even when I disagree with them. If Marvel asks me to do BP one-shots I'll always show up for them because they can be "movies" that begin and end and don't have to worry about existing storylines. Outside that, I just don't see how Marvel will ever let me do what clearly needs to be done.

So, I'll be over here, working on Blood Syndicate (which, incidentally, is about to BLOW THE **** UP.).

As Mr. Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want. But, if you try, sometimes, you just may find you get what you need."
    Well I’ll at least hold out hope you can get to work on another BP cartoon or even write a BP video game. And should write more one shots, I’ll definitely be there. In the meantime I’m loving your work over at Milestone and I can’t wait to see more from you Redjack.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Crazy how eager these recent black writers jump at the opportunity to chump the most popular and important black fictional hero of all time. Why so much disrespect?
    Is that what they are being asked to pitch is the question?

Storm is the center of one of the X-line’s most important and critically acclaimed titles. There’s basically 0 chance Marvel would do something as stupid as separating her from the X-Men to be the lead of what is at best a B-list title that not too long ago was selling less than 15k.
    Who says she had to be separated???

Lets count on our hands how many black characters have headline two books?? Mainly black females???

Storm as Black Panther in a Black Panther title.
    Storm in X-Men title.

That is 2 books.

How DANGEROUS would an X-Men controlled Wakanda be??? With a space fleet and access to Mars?
    We can take out Mars and toss a Wakanda (all black) X-Men team with Storm with the main version-(Scott & Jean) and Synch and Prodigy leading a Wakanda based one.
    I now have a place for Synch & Prodigy world building and probably toss in some New X-Men Academy & Gen X kids.

I WOULD NOT put it past Marvel to do that. Look at how they are treating the KING.

This going on the mindset of we can toss out crap and folks show up. Yeah that tends to work with certain demographic lead books but that has NEVER worked with a black lead book.

There is a REASON folks remember Mosaic and David Walker's Cyborg run and talk fondly about them and have little to NOTHING to say nice about the last 6 years of Black Panther.
    House of Slaughter and Spawn dominated black lead books for a reason.

Nope to all of that.

First off, I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my post, I know your probably busy so when you occasionally pop on and drop some facts it's ALWAYS appreciated.

I see what you mean about the importance of the character and it SHOULD be ready to keep him at icon status. It's really NOT difficult at all I less one chooses to be.

T'Challa was elevated by Priest, then Hudlin came and made Wakanda a big deal while thrusting the franchise to the big stage and engaging in EVERY event he could. Forcing marvel and fans to take him seriously.

Every one shots or mini, or serial box or animated show etc etc. That you have proven time and time again you *get* T'Challa in the same way Priest and Hudlin did. We don't currently have anyone at marvel who does. Narcisse showed potential, but he has shown his colors too and he is all about everyone BUT T'Challa.

So when you have people who don't care for the character and want to tell their deconstructive story with Their shiny new pet OCs, T'Challa and the franchise be damned, younger these situations. I don't fully agree with Wakanda being a Utopia, I would say not quite Priest Level, but not Hudlins either. Somewhere in-between.

They should ultimately be stuck on their traditions with T'Challa being written as the progressive King and good man he is dragging Wakanda to do more for the world, to Better it with what they can offer. This whole T'Challa is a bad leader/ dictator, no one man BS needs to go. It makes T'Challa look bad, and it makes Wakanda look unstable and frankly dumb. They aren't a monolith, but they are a nation deeply stemmed in 10k years of undisturbed tradition, no way in hell are they going to clamor for democracy that as a nation who has observed the outside world, sees how easily it can fall to corruption.

It's s shame Marvel won't blow up your number. I really REALLY Hope that changes when this run fails again. Hopefully nothing the next 6 years but SOON. BP needs to reset back to basics, or course correct because he is heading down a dangerous path. marvel knows your solid. Maybe your not Ridley or Coates Level famous outside the comic world but honestly those types have given us the worst versions of the franchise and stereotypes of Black people. They don't sound like Wakandans at all, they sound like stereotypical Black people. Especially Ridleys version.

I know what I want and needed and the people who have been given the wheel to write BP outside of BPQ are NOT what we need at all