Page 422 of 955 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    1. Why isnt she featured in the promo material?
    2. I remember a few here pointing out how Lupita wasnt on set like that?
    3. The rumor is that Shuri seeks out T'Challa's son. Why would she she do that and not his mother?
    Seeks out? So if this is true not only is T’Challa an MIA father but apparently he’s been out here slinging his dick around the world? Ryan my brother what are you doing?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Apparently Okoye rumbles with Attuma.

Even if Okoye is peak human... c'mon. She would get crushed with no powers.
    Guess that brief period of being Iron Fist in the comics wasn’t entirely random stupidity afterall. /sarcasm

This is depressing

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Seeks out? So if this is true not only is T’Challa an MIA father but apparently he’s been out here slinging his dick around the world? Ryan my brother what are you doing?
    Nah I dont think its T'Challa had another woman. Im thinking Nakia left Wakanda, then she returns and probably dies. Shuri has to go see him at the end.

Just my theory.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

One of the scoopers (who was actually right about things) say Namor and Riri steal the movie.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Apparently Okoye rumbles with Attuma.

Even if Okoye is peak human... c'mon. She would get crushed with no powers.
    Well remember Okoye and Black Widow fought Proxima Midnight in Infinity War AFTER Proxima fought Scarlet Witch and Captain America earlier in the film.

So the power levels were always inconsistent.

One of the scoopers (who was actually right about things) say Namor and Riri steal the movie.
    Wouldn't it be just even more ironic that after all the praise the supporting cast got in the first film they wind up overshadowed by the new guys.

Like on the topic that this might wind up more of a Namor movie than a Black Panther movie, someone responded that they wouldn't do that cause otherwise it wouldn't be a respectful Black Panther. Which I honestly doubt it will be a BP movie.

Niffleheim

Not a Respectful Black Panther movie??!!!!! there is many things wrong with that description. First it has already been done before and I know a lot will disagree that T'Challa wasn't overshadowed in the 1st movie by his supporting characters (but to me he was) and secondly how can Riri and Namor outshining the leads in WF be disrespectful to T'Challa when he isn't even in the movie?
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-02-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times that this is going to a stealth Riri and Namor movies guest starring the Wakandans.

Gonna be weird looking back on T'Challa's character arc. He shows up, nearly dies but survives and is a total bad ass. Then he gets his solo movie where everybody thinks he dies but he survives and comes back. Then he gets to do more bad ass stuff before 'dying' via turning to dust. Then he comes back in the next movie to do more bad ass stuff only to die again in the following one.

The only sensible choice is to set the movie somewhere during the 5 year time skip in EG. I reeeeeally hope that's the case here. Otherwise this would mean T'Challa spent 90% of his screen time on his death bed. They haven't said anything about when the movie takes place have they? Also when they kill off T'Challa in the movie, what are they going to do? Are they just going to open the movie with him in a casket? Are we going to get a CGI clone of Chadwick fully suited piloting a plane with a mix of old recordings and an AI 'generating' his voice (kind of the what they did with Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One and Leia again in 'Rise of the Skywalker' and Vader in the new Obi Wan show)?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

TBF this was in place before Chadwick died. Nobody wanted to believe the rumors. Just like they didnt want to believe they were killing T'Challa.

They went that route with Namor to differ from from Aquaman.
    I highly doubt it was. They just introduced Wakanda and for the sequel they are going to introduce a second secret Nation? Come on Klaue, you know that ain't true. They don't have the too introduce Namor Atlantis attuma etc etc. While also giving more development to T'Challa and his already full cast that was borderline bloated, and to add an entire second society and flesh it out?

They are going to be bloated with Shuri Okoye Nakia, M'Baku, Ramonda, Ross, and now Riri as it stood. Throwing is Namor and attuma and whomever else from his cast. This is going to be so bloated and busy that it's going to be a noisy mess

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Not a Respectful Black Panther movie??!!!!! there is many things wrong with that description. First it has already been done before and I know a lot will disagree that T'Challa wasn't overshadowed in the 1st movie by his supporting characters (but to me he was) and secondly how can Riri and Namor outshining the leads in WF be disrespectful to T'Challa when he isn't even in the movie?
    Well generally the whole "Black Panther is already a legacy character so its okay" title plus the supporting characters are all great so it will be good to give them even more material and moments to shine. At least thats the logic there.

Its very much a case of "T'Challa may be dead, but at least we still have Shuri and Okoye. They'll be suitable enough stand-ins."

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I highly doubt it was. They just introduced Wakanda and for the sequel they are going to introduce a second secret Nation? Come on Klaue, you know that ain't true. They don't have the too introduce Namor Atlantis attuma etc etc. While also giving more development to T'Challa and his already full cast that was borderline bloated, and to add an entire second society and flesh it out?

They are going to be bloated with Shuri Okoye Nakia, M'Baku, Ramonda, Ross, and now Riri as it stood. Throwing is Namor and attuma and whomever else from his cast. This is going to be so bloated and busy that it's going to be a noisy mess
    Yeah uh its fairly obvious Namor is only in this to effectively bring in a major character to substitute T'Challa's loss. A proper BP sequel should have expanded on the general setting of the franchise and introduce an actual BP villain like Achebe.

Bringing in Namor is sorta like how Scarlet Witch, America Chavez, and the Illuminati hijacked Doctor Strange 2 into being all about them instead of actual Doctor Strange stuff.

People say that about all the new arrivals regardless of how true it actually is. Usually it's people just over hyping. They said the same thing about Shuri in BP 1 too

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why? Because Wakanda has their own Space Force that they call The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda Why would Krakoa suddenly need anything Wakanda has and vice versa?
    Ever heard of having it all?? Never stopped the Borg from going after everyone.

And besides The X-Men are going to send themselves to the Predator or Alien homeworld when Storm could send Wakanda's space force for that eventually Marvel versus Aliens versus Predator event.

Somebody got to be the RED SHIRTS.

Why is Riri suiting up in a Black Panther movie? Feels so random. Like, save something for her show.

Man I went on Twitter and the complaining about replacing or not replacing Bozeman is ridiculous. I love MCU movies & I love comics but damn. The intensity that is being brought to this discussion escapes me. People are way too invested in this stuff. I have a friend who said “I used to call myself a Star Wars fan until I got around real Star Wars fans. Then I realized I was a lightweight.” I get what he meant a lot more now.