Page 550 of 955 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 14314

This last issue was pretty neat, but I wish they'd given the action more breathing room. I like how the artists draws it. I just wanted to see more of Tchalla beating the guy. I dont really have much of an issue with a lot of the other stuff thought they do give TChalla a lot of grief, what I've seen is hes portrayed as a very introspective character who wants self improvement. I like that, but I wish the books would grant him that more often. Its a nice change from a lot of the tony starks and thors that a person with the responsibility TChalla has is willing to examine his own character flaws and mistakes. But a lot of times the books don't let him have it..

Still liked the issue overall, the fight scenes carried it. Just too brief an ending.

Somebody forced me to look at this and all i have to say is i had to check twice to make sure tim scott wasn't the author. If this wasn't ghost written if ridley really wrote this i can't even be mad at marvel and if he didn't or did and he got nothing to say all i can honestly think in my heart and soul is " is every or any check really worth it." there are some things i know i rather starve than do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Funny thing is we are finally getting Hatut Zeraze action figures and they no longer exist in comics.

And what was with the Destiny's Child reference? And it being said by a black man to another one?

T'Challa died the moment with lose Boseman.

This was straight up black male bashing 101. Someone got issues with black males at this company.
    Lol, this company, this culture, this country, and this world bruh! For every one step forward black men make, it's a consolidation forces working to drag them back 5 steps!!! Marvel has NEVER done a legitimate crossover event for T'Challa in all this time, perfectly usable, and original hero like Blue Marvel is nerfed and made an after thought, the X-office is an eyelash short of racist. Heck, look at Judgement Day where Storm and every other white hero seems to figure prominently....T'Challa, I'm still waiting to hear about.

I mean, he was a big player in secret wars 2015.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So i have to ask, was he a tyrant or something in the last run? Because from what i read, it seems like they were really adamant he did not become King again.

Honestly, this felt like watching a man be castrated in the slowest and most painful way possible.

And this was probably the most toxic of his and Ororo's interactions i have ever read, i mean let''s be honest here, he did spy on her and the island but given the things the QC have done and kept quiet i don't think she has a leg to stand on here either.
    Perfect description of T'Challa's treatment.

I'm still wondering why everyone is giving him grief.

He's been written like he was Dr Doom and "ruled" Wakanda with an iron first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So i have to ask, was he a tyrant or something in the last run? Because from what i read, it seems like they were really adamant he did not become King again.

Honestly, this felt like watching a man be castrated in the slowest and most painful way possible.

And this was probably the most toxic of his and Ororo's interactions i have ever read, i mean let''s be honest here, he did spy on her and the island but given the things the QC have done and kept quiet i don't think she has a leg to stand on here either.
    Facts! and this was EXACTLY coate's storm and why i grew to can't stand her under his pen. This sounded and looked exactly like the Storm that was ready to say tchalla is "just a man and she understands he needs a sidepiece." Despite the fact that the one thing Coates did right was have Tchalla make up for the mistakes he made with Storm in the past under hudlin and others, at least for me. That's how i knew coates was trying to decimate him. SH$($ i wish i didn't read this issue because this legit got me F(#(ed up right now. and that's rare.

And i didn't even pay for it and i'm still this mad, so i know i'm mad. Ridley needs to get at least one of the interviews they are giving to x-writers to clean up their junk so i can at least formulate some kind of understanding because this here. I will never touch anything with ridley name on it again. Not if it was free.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-10-2022 at 07:57 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Perfect description of T'Challa's treatment.

I'm still wondering why everyone is giving him grief.

He's been written like he was Dr Doom and "ruled" Wakanda with an iron first.

I dont think thats what is being said. What's being said is his lack of trust in others directly led to this whole thing happening. Do they overplay that aspect fo the story? Yeaj a bit, he did some things right, but he did a lot of things wrong here. He suspected close allies and didn't trust anyone else with info needed to find the culprit til it was too late. He made Wakanda a democracy in the end of the last run but he didn't really treat it like one.

Yeah they kinds do a verbal beat down of him but he lied to every one of those characters over the course of the story arc.

Like I said I think they overdid it, but I definitely see why they did it. Hopefully they don't drop this theme in the next arc, but hes apparently back with the avengers there so we can explore a team dynamic more. Hopefully this leads to him being a more trusting chatacter. Ridley is a slow burn writer and he loves having black guys learn lessons, so I'm confident that's what we'll get

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know I was apprehensive about Hudlin's run for a long while now due to various reasons but honestly I'll take invincible arrogant T'Challa over...... whatever this is.

Again its not dignified, nothing about this is dignified. Hudlin's run may be flawed but at least T'Challa there carries himself with dignity.

At this point its all you can ask for from a character, to carry themself with dignity which tends to be lacking in a lot of cases.

And the complete and utter ball licking of his creations. "Oh he's so amazing." I feel like my got damn tongue is salty from them. you know what let me log off. i been avoiding x-books but i should have had a whole a$$ cross on to avoid this.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I dont think thats what is being said. What's being said is his lack of trust in others directly led to this whole thing happening. Do they overplay that aspect fo the story? Yeaj a bit, he did some things right, but he did a lot of things wrong here. He suspected close allies and didn't trust anyone else with info needed to find the culprit til it was too late. He made Wakanda a democracy in the end of the last run but he didn't really treat it like one.

Yeah they kinds do a verbal beat down of him but he lied to every one of those characters over the course of the story arc.

Like I said I think they overdid it, but I definitely see why they did it. Hopefully they don't drop this theme in the next arc, but hes apparently back with the avengers there so we can explore a team dynamic more. Hopefully this leads to him being a more trusting chatacter. Ridley is a slow burn writer and he loves having black guys learn lessons, so I'm confident that's what we'll get
    Stop treating Tchalla like he is every other "Black Guy"
    HE ISN'T...this theme is getting old and played out
    Last edited by Dariel81; 08-10-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    T'Challa begging Storm to not leave him...was also hilarious and very pathetic.
    But at least we are done with that farce of a relationship.
    The whole issue was so forced and cringey and dumb. Not only was the isht talking dumb, it was also poorly written too. Akili killing himself made as much sense as him taking over in the first place. Shuri fawning over Folasade was so stupid as well. All of this stuff was out of character and at weird inappropriate times. At the end of the days Ridley either got screwed to change his story, but even still, he should of had the talent to not completely isht on T'Challa. He could of deconstructed without making T'Challa look like an utter pathetic chump

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Stop treating Tchalla like he is every other "Black Guy"
    HE ISN'T...this theme is getting old and played out
    Hes a guy with a whole lot more to deal with than Jace Fox or black lightning, the other two guys Ridley is writing. So his mistakes and his failings are going to have a much bigger fallout and be grander in scale becsuse they affect a lot of people.

All I'm getting at is this is how Ridley writes his characters. He has them grow and learn and become better for it over a long period of time. Redemption, self improvement and introspection on a personal scale is a lot more a priority for him than sweeping statements of race or a lot of other stuff being attributed to him. Unfortunately he's a slow burner. I've still got confidence his run can end with tchalla proud and triumphant.

Alomomola telling T'Challa that he'll never see her again was very funny to me. As if anyone actually gives af about her. I was like "Good. I hope you stay gone." lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I know it's like comparing violent Diarrhea vs regular Diarrhea ..
    But Coates BP Wasn't this bad but I still blame him lol.
    he was literally 10x worse. Atleast Ridley had T'Challa defending himself to start, but at the end hes pretty much right there at chump level with Coates panther.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm and black panther will get back together. no worries there.
    This is such a trollish thing to even post on the thread it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hes a guy with a whole lot more to deal with than Jace Fox or black lightning, the other two guys Ridley is writing. So his mistakes and his failings are going to have a much bigger fallout and be grander in scale becsuse they affect a lot of people.

All I'm getting at is this is how Ridley writes his characters. He has them grow and learn and become better for it over a long period of time. Redemption, self improvement and introspection on a personal scale is a lot more a priority for him than sweeping statements of race or a lot of other stuff being attributed to him. Unfortunately he's a slow burner. I've still got confidence his run can end with tchalla proud and triumphant.
    The problem is that he didn't even bother to come up with any legit reason for this type of fallout. He literally rushed through the whole thing and sling as much undeserving isht as he could to make T'Challa "appear" to be this terrible leader and ruler. It was so contrived and forced that clearly no one can even take this seriously. Plus the complete ass grabbing of his OC characters is equally ridiculous. He had all his OCs getting praised or allowed to take the piss out of Tchalla.

And as it was called last month, absolutely Zero conclusion to anything. T'Challa is bad for "reasons" and no one even knows why Akili did what he did. Completely Bonkers how this was somehow greenlit, published and sold to fans. A literal flaming turd with a middle finger sticking out of it