Page 79 of 955 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa needs a fan at Marvel so bad.

This just goes to show you how little they give a crap about the character.
    I think they had a few fans, but I think editorial oversight is playing strong hand with dictating the books and heroes that get true shine. They could have, and should have given BP to Ewing the put a clinic on not only building on the mythos, but giving crazy levels of development for The Hulk..!!!! He's a master at continuity. All the elements most of us agree are missing from Black Panther books right now. However, you are very right. The work being put in the MCU BP versus at the comics BP is just criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't see any circumstance where things don't blow up between T'Challa and the mutants. Maybe not this arc, but at some point they're gonna have to find out about Gentle right? And if Storm found out T'Challa literally sent in a kid to spy on her and her friends she'll probably break up with him. Hell, let's say it turns out Gentle's actually a double agent and working for Krakoa (which is quite possible.) That's still a recipe for a break up if/when T'Challa finds out. So maybe they separate the BP and X-Men brands for good soon?

That said, I think what we may see is Ridley just making them long distance. In which case all the X-Men/BP crossover probably continues.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Still the problem is that it will lead to it being T'Challas fault just like the apparent "Breaking of Storms heart. Again" even though she sided with the X-Men multiple times now and attacked the Royal family, multiple times now. Enough is enough. I want T'Challa to punk Storm and the x men and torch that bridge like the Namor and T'Challa relationship has been torched. I would much rather him be on friendly terms with Namor again over dealing with Storm.

But on another note I am tired of everything blowing up in T'Challas fave as well. We have literally gotten that nonstop from everything dies until now. Other than a couple one shots or mini's, T'Challa is in desperate need of a solid win from his solo stories
    end of spoilers

T'challa needs a fan at Marvel so bad.

This just goes to show you how little they give a crap about the character.
    We need Redjack. Dude would set the franchise on the correct course real quick

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It needs to be someone higher than "writer"

It isn't like Ridley is controlling issue numbers and promotion.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Ridley is doing fine ..

It needs to be someone higher than "writer"

It isn't like Ridley is controlling issue numbers and promotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Ridley is doing fine ..
    I didn't necessarily mean he would be the writer, but editor, a point man to keep isht like Coates era from happening

Ridley isn't doing bad per se but higher ups need to actually treat the franchise like it's a billion dollar IP instead of letting frakkery mess it up and not addressing milestones appropriately

Going into some detail what i loved about this issue.

spoilers:
    Tchalla voice is clear, i haven't been following him for years and was a jump on with the BP/Storm marriage but saw the potential in the character and as a fan of FF i would read about him here and there but this is the first time for me i feel like i'm hearing his voice and seeing his character. he actually comes off as smart and charming and i believe what he says and what Storm says about how they feel about each other or rather how they make each other feel when they are together and that would be cool for normal people, but it just will not work for them. I just wish tptb will realize that is okay and that seems to be where the story is headed imo. State secret's isn't a lie and i loved there were a lot of parallels in the issue, tchalla's secret was him doing king stuff and Ororo was going off to do regent stuff, there will always be a secret between them even if there is no intent to harm.

I liked the twist with Nezhno, it was well written because i felt it was kind of out of character for him given how he views Tchalla even in World's apart so i was pleasantly surprised to see he was the plant and i personally don't think Storm would fault him for his role but at the same time can someone like that be in your court. As said before this just has to come back to bite someone but i hope it doesn't and they just laugh and agree it's just best to be friends.

I then love after making sure to make it clear Storm is off world, not in wakanda, on mar's, busy, the follow up story reintroduced the true mythos of Wakanda in the sense that Bast is it's god and wakanda live or dies with Bast. It was simple, it was too the point, and it said a lot.

The final story i feel is a direct response to coates story and i've loving it because nothing is all or nothing and if this new sect of wakanda think they have the high ground i would argue in a lot of ways aren't they worse. At least tchalla's wakanda has unity in the sense of community, even nehzno, a mutant on a different world, who lives in what some call a paradise shows loyalty to that whereas the vibranium wakandians stood buy and watched their own people be attacked in their own borders so while old wakanda separated itself with tech and separated itself from the world, vibranium force wakanda was already isolated from the world and then isolated themselves within their own community. Not a good look for a group casting stones.

i feel there is a good middle ground to be had here between the wakandians. It's like the too woke generation vs the first generation of peace and it's an interesting dynamic because circumstances created different viewpoints in a relatively close period of time, maybe a few decades.

Really looking forward to the next issue.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-26-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Idk why people on twitter and a certain member here are acting like fools as to why T'Challa lost to Killmonger. The man could have been deaded twice by T'Challa who was half heartedly fighting.

@ Jwatson

Might still need to use spoiler tags for a bit longer maybe.

that being said, this is what I thought as well for the third story, and I hope that's the direction that he goes with it because I specifically got that impression especially with Tosin being young. It's always a thing that the younger generation, who lacks life experience, thinks they have all the answers or the fix or solution that no one prior to then has thought of and then life and reality hits then with perspective. I HOPE that's the case and not another Coates MA situation where THEY are the villains yet get treated like heroes, absolved of blame (Which is then tacked onto T'Challa) and given everything they wanted.

@ Jwatson

Might still need to use spoiler tags for a bit longer maybe.

that being said, this is what I thought as well for the third story, and I hope that's the direction that he goes with it because I specifically got that impression especially with Tosin being young. It's always a thing that the younger generation, who lacks life experience, thinks they have all the answers or the fix or solution that no one prior to then has thought of and then life and reality hits then with perspective. I HOPE that's the case and not another Coates MA situation where THEY are the villains yet get treated like heroes, absolved of blame (Which is then tacked onto T'Challa) and given everything they wanted.
    Thanks for the heads up, edited.

Yeah i am definitely hoping for the same as well and that's the same vibe i got too. I'm hoping for the best.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

spoilers:
    I don't see any circumstance where things don't blow up between T'Challa and the mutants. Maybe not this arc, but at some point they're gonna have to find out about Gentle right? And if Storm found out T'Challa literally sent in a kid to spy on her and her friends she'll probably break up with him. Hell, let's say it turns out Gentle's actually a double agent and working for Krakoa (which is quite possible.) That's still a recipe for a break up if/when T'Challa finds out. So maybe they separate the BP and X-Men brands for good soon?

That said, I think what we may see is Ridley just making them long distance. In which case all the X-Men/BP crossover probably continues.
    end of spoilers
    the mutants have done the same thing via xforce essentially. them being upset with tchalla for doing exactly what they have would be a double standard lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

They did forget, when Marvel first solicited BP #3 there was no mention of a milestone issue or backup stories. I think skyvolt even pointed it out because the only reason I remember we were supposed to get a #200 was because he said it was coming.
    If we were to only count Black Panther centric solo stories-Jungle Action, Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive and Black Panther (1988). We would be at Black Panther 229.

Daredevil's numbering does NOT count Panther's run.

This numbering does NOT include Black Panther 1988 mini. If it did Coates issue 24 (the stealth Prodigy issue) would have been #200.

So if nobody at Marvel thought to include these books and even a case can be made for IDW's Black Panther run. 234 (including Jungle Action, Daredevil, the mini and IDW).

And Red Sonja, Transformers and GI Joe included their Marvel runs in their legacy numbers.

This is really not 200th issue.

We all in reality passed it. 200 happened somewhere in Coates 2nd run.

I guess it's moot because guess whose book was SOLD out and the only book to be sold out at the comic book stores around me-Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If we were to only count Black Panther centric solo stories-Jungle Action, Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive and Black Panther (1988). We would be at Black Panther 229.

This numbering does NOT include Black Panther 1988 mini. If it did Coates issue 24 (the stealth Prodigy issue) would have been #200.

So if nobody at Marvel thought to include these books and even a case can be made for IDW's Black Panther run. 234 (including Jungle Action, Daredevil, the mini and IDW).

And Red Sonja, Transformers and GI Joe included their Marvel runs in their legacy numbers.

I guess it's moot because guess whose book was SOLD out and the only book to be sold out at the comic book stores around me-Black Panther.
    Yup

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...er-166-is.html

When they did their big legacy thing, the numbering was messed up then.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

It was sold out at my local comic book shop too. Oh well, guess digital is the way to go.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the mutants have done the same thing via xforce essentially. them being upset with tchalla for doing exactly what they have would be a double standard lol
    Our favorite couple in this issue had a beautiful moment