Page 440 of 955 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He drew this. I thought his art was fine unless I’m missing something:

His art in that book looked great iirc, but recently he's been pretty hit or miss.

He did the last issue of What If...Miles Morales that came out today and...it wasn't great. Maybe his art isn't as good as I remember it being, but I was very surprised at how wonky the art looked.

The thing is, I wanted more spin-offs. I wanted Black Panthers supporting cast to be elevated and to be as beloved as Batman’s supporting cast. But dammit man why does Marvel feel like the ONLY way to do it is to treat T’Challa like dog ****?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    New mini-series titled 'Wakanda' announced
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/06/ma...black-panther/

So, it was all for this huh?
    This basically sums up the problem with this franchise at this point.

"Wakanda" instead of "Black Panther."

Acting like Wakanda doesn't even need Black Panther because it's got tons of other heroes (who can't even hold a solo book).

Look how awesome and smarter than T'Challa Shuri is!

And are they actually reviving Killmonger in MCU form to turn him into a hero?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL

Ridley just speed running through all the **** Coates already did.

Coates literally just had the MA wakanda salute tchalla in Season 2 lol. Obviously editorially forced due to the movie.

And now due to the movie, Ridley had to bring back the "no one man" ****.

And what is most bizarre is....

TCHALLA HASNT EVEN DONE ANYTHING lol.

His spies haven't hurt a single Wakandan. the only thing we've seen them hurt is Storm's feelings lol.

The only people who can really be mad at T'challa are Storm, for being spied on, and Omo, for being falsely accused ofbeign a traitor and then getting her ass beat.

Not a single other soul has been affected by this story.

Ridley is just doing a masterclass of absolutely horrid story telling
    There are guys that don't seem to get Marvel characters and only get DC and vice versa.

Ridley seems to be one of these guys. His DC work isn't anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Acting like Wakanda doesn't even need Black Panther because it's got tons of other heroes (who can't even hold a solo book).

Bet you a million bucks that Killmonger is eventually going to betray them. There’s no way he can be redeemed after all the **** he’s done over the years.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Bet you a million bucks that Killmonger is eventually going to betray them. There’s no way he can be redeemed after all the **** he’s done over the years.
    It's frikkin' Killmonger!

Then again they've got Peter Parker palling around with Norman Osborn lately and the X-Men have a good deal of their major villains running their government...What's next, Steve Rogers and Red Skull doing lunch?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The thing is, I wanted more spin-offs. I wanted Black Panthers supporting cast to be elevated and to be as beloved as Batman’s supporting cast. But dammit man why does Marvel feel like the ONLY way to do it is to treat T’Challa like dog ****?
    I feel like its being done out of spite at this point.

Like none of the Wakanda spin-offs have ever done well. World of Wakanda and BP and the Crew were released at the height of the BP movie's billion dollar reign, and they were all cancelled at least than 6 issues. WoW its very noticeable since the last issue was setting up a new White Tiger that never got followed up on and the Crew was even more surprising since that at least had star power in Storm and Luke Cage's involvement.

And it hasn't been better since. Agents of Wakanda listed as an ongoing but cancelled at 8 issues, and Shuri despite her apparent popularity only made it to 10 issues.

Last time I checked none of these are good sellers. So it almost comes across that whoever in charge is almost spitefully forcing us on this, wanting us to like regardless of how we feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Written by Stephanie Williams, a podcaster whose only prior work for Marvel is a 2-page Monica Rambeau story in last year's Marvel Voices: Legacy and has been writing Nubia for DC (which I know absolutely nothing about, as I don't read DC), with backups by Evan "Self-appointed Keeper of Black Panther Lore" Narcisse.

I'm thinking World of Wakanda 2.0, which means it'll be canceled in 6 issues.

:shrug: Way to kill a fandom, Marvel.
    Meanwhile, the Redjack a BP enthusiast and writer of actual skill, is STILL left without any calls from Marvel... More neophytes to castrate T'Challa (cause you know damn good and well that they are going to isht talk T'Challa all throughout this mini) and paint him as toxic male masculinity

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    New mini-series titled 'Wakanda' announced
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/06/ma...black-panther/

So, it was all for this huh?
    I think that this quote is how many of the recent comic writers and even Coogler and company feel about the Black Panther franchise and T'Challa:

“I’ve been such a huge fan of the Black Panther over the years, especially the evolution and expansion of the women of Wakanda. It’s truly an honor to kick off the new series with the Shuri story I wrote. I hope I can add to her and Wakanda’s already impressive lore.”

I honest feel that many of the writers have more interest in telling stories about Shuri, Okoye, etc. Part of the reason was the 1st film and how T'Challa was written. He was quiet and honorable but not really like the T'Challa from the comics. That film did a lot for expanding Wankandan mythology but diminished alpha aspects of T'Challa character. Plus this era of the MCU is really pushing forward Marvel's female characters. You can tell as how many young black heroes are coming to the forefront in comic book or film stories. There is Miles but not really anyone else. None of the 90s characters are being pushed such as Night Thrasher who could work in film as he is half way between Iron man and T'Challa though not as brilliant. Actually he is halfway between IM and Batman with a splash of Punisher.

But my point is that you are not seeing black male heroes in the forefront at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Meanwhile, the Redjack a BP enthusiast and writer of actual skill, is STILL left without any calls from Marvel... More neophytes to castrate T'Challa (cause you know damn good and well that they are going to isht talk T'Challa all throughout this mini) and paint him as toxic male masculinity
    Well ****, maybe MOS is right. Maybe they should kill T’Challa in the comics as well. At least then he’ll finally be spared from all the shade throwing. And then the supporting casts safety net in terms of sales will be gone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In fairness this is listed as a mini-series meaning it technically can't be cancelled I guess.

So it will probably build up to a major ongoing.
    They could put out less issues than solicited. It HAS happened before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So he is going to explain to Mickey Mouse why his business sense said do not recast.

Folks are NOT liking what they see with Namor. Are they trying for their version of Justice League trainwreck? Is it too late to get Ray Fisher in a cameo?
    Giving this movie as much of the benefit of the doubt as possible...

I can't see how this isn't going to bomb now. The only question is how badly. A movie without a lead and shoehorned guest starts that no one was asking for.

WF might end up being the worst received Phase 4 Marvel film.

Ultimate Member

Well ****, maybe MOS is right. Maybe they should kill T’Challa in the comics as well. At least then he’ll finally be spared from all the shade throwing. And then the supporting casts safety net in terms of sales will be gone.
    They might as well put him down and put us out this misery.

Just know that when this book craters on sales and is "cancelled" after issue 1 drops the blame will be out on us "Oh y'all don't want to support a Black woman and y'all wanted it to fail!" Sorry but we don't have to accept dogisht as they try to remove T'Challa from his own damn franchise. I cannot believe they are actually trying to attempt this. NO OTHER FRANCHISE WOULD DO THIS TO THEIR TITLE CHARACTER

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel like its being done out of spite at this point.

Like none of the Wakanda spin-offs have ever done well. World of Wakanda and BP and the Crew were released at the height of the BP movie's billion dollar reign, and they were all cancelled at least than 6 issues. WoW its very noticeable since the last issue was setting up a new White Tiger that never got followed up on and the Crew was even more surprising since that at least had star power in Storm and Luke Cage's involvement.

Last time I checked none of these are good sellers. So it almost comes across that whoever in charge is almost spitefully forcing us on this, wanting us to like regardless of how we feel about it.
    To be fair-BP WOW was doing well on Amazon before the movie. Then came the movie and everything Panther got a boost that lasted a good 3 years.

Sometimes BP WOW sniffs it way into the top 300 of sales.

Now it should be noted that book got axed at issue 2 because orders were that bad. Which is funny considering store owners here were talking about how bad Solo did and the inker for Starbrand and Nightmask was SHOCKED anyone bought the book.