Page 443 of 955 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543943 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 14314

Excellent question Watson. They talk a big game but have yet to back it up. They don't actually care, hence why the cast and executives at marvel hadn't made a peep about his family's feelings. I wonder if the crew has talked to them at all. Because of they did o feel like they wouldn't be parading around how tis all about Chad and Honoring him when everything else points to eliminating his hard work and STILL using his death as a weapon to shut people up about a recast

The country full of xenophobes is the the real star

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If marvel is honoring chadwick then where is the material? Thats all i got to say. If we are suppose to believe he was a steward of black excellence and according to a few fought for other black people to achieve roles and pay and our voices were important to him which i am sure they were then where is the product. How many solo black leading projects are in phase 4? How many solo disney plus projects have been produced? What is the percentage of franchises run at disney and marvel helmed by black talent and expanding on content that they claim is so important. Before you try to override me with emotion please show me the fact. How much money from the next BP movie is disney giving to the Boseman family or causes he supported. Are the twitter heads that are stacy dashing it up, just from links i look at in this thread going back asking?
    Before anyone tosses out Moon Girl-that was already in the works before Black Panther.
    To a certain point Riri's show was too.

Dwayne McDuffie died and they made sure to put him in a cartoon and tried to make his creation Damage Control into a show.

Ultimately I just don't think more Wakanda books has to be a bad thing. It doesn't have to detract from the main. If anything like i said he could get more focus now that they don't have to explain where shuri and the others in his circle are. (Because I mean that kinda is a thing, if shuri isn't there thy are at the point they have to explain why)
    In all reality they are not.

I think using the name Black Panther and he is MIA in it is an issue. Same issue I had with the last Batman & The Outsiders-Batman was barely in it until much later.

Ms Marvel #18 gave an opening to explore Wakanda with his nephew. Bring some teens from say Avengers Academy or others that we have seen and let them go to school in Wakanda.

Make a book like Strange Academy or Gotham Academy. Heck have Miles and Ms Marvel spend a semester in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The country full of xenophobes is the the real star
    Nah they woke now, look at how they won't be oppressed by Tchalla anymore! Who only wants to consolidate power! Oh wait, that was Folasade who had all the authority and put Akili in charge and greenlit the execution of T'Challa. But she's a good person. She told the WK people as much. But wiat Tosin is here to save the day! Oh wait he sounds just like a nationalist "I see re the one true Wakanda" hmmm... The MA? Oh wait, they went to the Jabari lands and killed all the leaders and assumed themselves as leader's of the land... The Wakandans wanted a democracy! Oh wait! No they didnt because they always complained about T'Challa dealing with the rest of the world and not staying in Wakanda.

It's a country full of finnicky ishts

Ultimate Member

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...ew-hero-tosin/

What book did they read???

Black Panther #7 serves as the penultimate chapter in the storyline, "The Long Shadow," which is notable for introducing an important new character into the Black Panther franchise. Wakanda is a divided nation suffering from the fallout of T'Challa's schemes and lies, with a young warrior named Tosin stepping up to fill the hero's void. What makes Black Panther #7 fascinating is writer John Ridley spreads the story around in order to give proper page time to several key characters, who help to give different viewpoints of the brewing conflict.

So far, John Ridley's run on Black Panther has delivered in several key areas. For starters, Black Panther's status quo is drastically altered, placing him as an enemy of Wakanda and an outcast to his most trusted allies. Second, Ridley and his collaborators haven't been afraid to add to the Black Panther mythos by creating a new character. It'll be fun to see how big of a role Tosin plays in the series moving forward, but for now, he offers a different perspective than what fans are accustomed to seeing in a Black Panther comic.

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...er-7-review-2/

Ridley’s writing executes the story he intended to tell well. The dialog feels natural for the situations each player is in, the pacing is strong, the reveal of the “true” villain is handled well, albeit not as definitively as it could have, and the plot generates momentum towards the finale in the next issue.

Black Panther #7 will be a bitter pill to swallow for T’Challa fans as Ridley brings the character to his lowest point. If this penultimate issue is any indication, T’Challa’s future in any role is in doubt, and that may have been Ridley’s plan all along. Whether or not you agree with the creative directions of the story, the technical execution of the art and writing is solid.

Ive not heard a single soul say theyike this book

It seems ignored or hated.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ive not heard a single soul say theyike this book

It seems ignored or hated.
    I saw a few likes on Twitter.

Once again did they read the previous issues?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I saw a few likes on Twitter.

Once again did they read the previous issues?
    Twitter is a bubble fam. Lol. But it should really say something that even the Coates apologist’s can’t think of anything good to say about this run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Dude only has about a 40% (maybe) hit rate.

However, he was right about how Attuma looked. Maybe a little of this is right. Cant remember if this was posted or not.

spoilers:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Ironheart / Riri Williams played by Dominique Thorne will benefit from the Wakandan outreach program established by T'Challa at the end of the first Black Panther film. Michael B. Jordan is NOT Riri's father. But he will return as Erik Killmonger for a cameo scene with Letitia Wright's Shuri set in the Ancestral Plane. (This part has been corroborated by other scoopers). This ancestral plane sequence was originally intended to feature a CGI model of Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa as a touching "goodbye" to the character. But after that plan was leaked to negative reaction last year, the scene was rewritten to incorporate Killmonger instead. (May 19th 2022)

There will be a flashback sequence in Black Panther Wakanda Forever showing the Spanish invasion and colonization of the Americas. We will see an altercation between Namor's people and conquistadors. Namor's city will be called Tlālōcān, but they still make reference to it as Atlantis. Some of the film's dialogue is Spanish, some is either Mayan or Mixtec. Thinking this is mostly during the flashback scene(s). The Aztec Jaguar god Tepeyollotlin will appear. [Namor] will gain the ability to fly from the gods. (June 28th 2022)

On the topic of Attuma, there's a confrontation between him and the Dora Milaje where they draw their weapons on him. He also has a spear duel with Okoye. While Namor can breath on land, the blue-skinned cannot without the use of te
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

He could be wrong about all that. However, I hope his "scoop" I didnt post about Adam Brashear being in the MCU next year is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates run did as well as it did to start based on them flooding it with variant cover's riding off hicksmans run 59 year anniversary and CW. By issue 5 or 6 the numbers started dropping pretty fast and by the end of issue 12 it was at the 30k range. Fro. There it dropped further a d further and marvel had to use gimmicks to keep it up.

You can have 40k+ sales and have it be a long ongoing. It's possible for him and it's been done at a time where he wasn't that well known.

A celebrity writer are these prose writers they currently have. The ones who can't write comics for isht and made a name off something else entirely. The Saladan, mark Miller, David Walker, Redjack, etc. It's clear what Redjack wants to do (elavate T'Challa) isn't what marvel wants. He is the only writer of late who had been able to showcase a powerful T'Challa AND uplift his supporting cast equally. I am not putting a faith and hope into Redjack. He is just clearly the only writer around who not only has his voice down but has vocally said he WANTS to write T'Challa. Again others can write a solid T'Challa as well. We have seen as much with JA And Ewing, and Saladan.

More Wakanda books aren't a bad thing. Frankly the Wakanda bok can do its own thing and IDGAF. The problem though is that I 110% guarantee you right now that they are going to isht talk T'Challa, who won't ever appear in the book and act like they were going good until he took the throne.
    Well it doesn't even seem fair to call Ridley a celebrity writer at this point, hes done several comics. I font think people who work in tv cant make a good comic or vice versa. I like majority of what I read from him. His BP run hasn't been awful to me but not quite great.

As for the rest, I guess will see. I dont have an issue of these them doing an obvious tie in book. The only thing that interests me is the name drop of killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Taking the example of Batman, there's one thing to remember. Yes, his supporting cast got books of their own. However, there's at least 4-5 books that are solely focused on Bruce/Batman first then they brought them out. Marvel has ONE Black Panther book out, and yes more than one person can write BP. Unfortunately none of those good writers have been allowed to write him. Let's be clear...Redjack would have had no problem with writing up supporting cast with respect to the star of the book. If you frequent this thread there's plenty of conversations about how good he was. Marvel is pushing women first agenda and trashing the centerpiece of the whole mythos, a black male hero that deserves so much more than this.
    I dont buy into the whole women first thing. I find no value in artificially pitting women against men when the book isn't even doing that.

Black Panther doesn't sell enough to get more than 1 or 2 books right now. They tried to give him multiple and it just didn't stick.

As for issue 6, I just read it and it was... ok. I liked the action scenes but I do see a lot of TChalla apologizing and I get hes trying to grow, but I wanna see him do more. I'm hoping 7 delivers on the action.

As for Akili, his villain turn has been rather abrupt to me. He still seemed mostly sympathetic the last couple issues. But here hes pretty incorrigible.

I like Tosin and I really liked the actions

They gotta counter the brutally honest review, otherwise how else are they going to try and sell people on this bullisht. Honestly Ridley gets it worse because he wasn't known like Coates His name is what spared him from getting torn a new a**hole. Funny how these reviewers were hammering on Ridley for his first issue for how T'Challa didn't take isht from Folasade and didn't throw himself at her feet (because she is a finnicky isht character who is t fit to lead) but now they are probably loving this garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Well it doesn't even seem fair to call Ridley a celebrity writer at this point, hes done several comics. I font think people who work in tv cant make a good comic or vice versa. I like majority of what I read from him. His BP run hasn't been awful to me but not quite great.

As for the rest, I guess will see. I dont have an issue of these them doing an obvious tie in book. The only thing that interests me is the name drop of killmonger.

I dont buy into the whole women first thing. I find no value in artificially pitting women against men when the book isn't even doing that.

Black Panther doesn't sell enough to get more than 1 or 2 books right now. They tried to give him multiple and it just didn't stick.

As for issue 6, I just read it and it was... ok. I liked the action scenes but I do see a lot of TChalla apologizing and I get hes trying to grow, but I wanna see him do more. I'm hoping 7 delivers on the action.

As for Akili, his villain turn has been rather abrupt to me. He still seemed mostly sympathetic the last couple issues. But here hes pretty incorrigible.

I like Tosin and I really liked the actions
    I mean my dude, if you can't see the OBVIOUS women first then your being WILLFULLY oblivious to it. It's been... Painfully obvious. There's a clear agenda. Let's call a duck a duck now.

BP CAN sell well to have more than one book. The problem has been these spin offs aren't about him or they feature him and trash talk him. Rise actually did fairly well but came out at the wrong time. Basically after all the goodwill was burned away. But T'Challa sells KiB BP proved that the second time.

T'Challa ain't growing because he hasn't DONE ANYTHING that requires him to grow at all. This story hasn't established anything he actually did wrong yet tries to artificially create drama and the result is a incredibly disjointed and mess of a story

Happier times.

idk man, that looks like some toxic masculinity monarchy dictator like stuff to me.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html